test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Problem with NCL GWF Leaderboard Top 40 ranking?

icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvP Discussion
I have been ranked #19 on GWF leaderboard last week, and this week throughout the week I have been within top 10 page and within top 20 on GWF leaderboard, however when it updated this Friday, I was out of top 40 in GWF's ladder page? (I was at page 5, and supposed to be #6 in GWF leaderboard)

Anyone else noticed this? I was hoping this would be brought up so Cryptic wont ended up handing the wrong prize to wrong people...

(Dante and Saber have been on GWF's leaderboar as #1 and #2 the whole week, but the leaderboard has ranked them to #39 and #40, there is even a #41 in the list for some reason... should this be reported here or the bug/report section?

Update:
NCL Leaderboard's link
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9357303-neverwinter:-combat-league-leaderboards
icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
Post edited by icyphish on

Comments

• quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    Perhaps they use hidden "true-skill" like system for ranking. Which means that winning against easier opponnents can sometimes decrease your ranking if you had poor performance in relation to your item level.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Where can you see class specific/path specific rankings? The ranking are supposed to be Paragon Path based, not class based.

The leader board is completely broken anyways.

I am surrounded by people who have lost 10 matches and won 1 or 2... when I have won over 30 and lost over 30. Partly due to the fact that I was teamed with PvE players early on. I would have to say that in all but maybe 10 matches I was ranked in the top 3 for the match.

Also, I have noticed if you open the leader board and go to the Standings section... and not the NCL... your standings will be different as they have not fixed the 'Old' standings boards. If you then click on the NCL board... the rankings will remain the same.
    To fix this you have to exit the leader board and re-open it only clicking on the NCL rankings.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    I have updated leaderboard's link, if you check this list and compare it to in-game ladder, you will see two very different results

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9357303-neverwinter:-combat-league-leaderboards

drkbodhi wrote: »
    Where can you see class specific/path specific rankings? The ranking are supposed to be Paragon Path based, not class based.

The leader board is completely broken anyways.

I am surrounded by people who have lost 10 matches and won 1 or 2... when I have won over 30 and lost over 30. Partly due to the fact that I was teamed with PvE players early on. I would have to say that in all but maybe 10 matches I was ranked in the top 3 for the match.

Also, I have noticed if you open the leader board and go to the Standings section... and not the NCL... your standings will be different as they have not fixed the 'Old' standings boards. If you then click on the NCL board... the rankings will remain the same.
    To fix this you have to exit the leader board and re-open it only clicking on the NCL rankings.

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
    quspiv wrote: »
    Perhaps they use hidden "true-skill" like system for ranking. Which means that winning against easier opponnents can sometimes decrease your ranking if you had poor performance in relation to your item level.

I am not talking about ranking up or down after a match, I am talking about the leaderboard from website is different from the one in-game. It was working well on Monday with GWF #1 and #2 being Dante and Saber, and they are still #1 and #2 now, however on the forum's leaderboard they are like at #39~#40 for some reason, if however you check it in-game again, they are still #1 and #2, can someone shed some light...?

• burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    icyphish wrote: »
    I have updated leaderboard's link, if you check this list and compare it to in-game ladder, you will see two very different results

wtf is this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ? and why the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> it has nothing to do with ingame leaderboard ?

a bit of difference between being 2x and 12x
    Paladin Master Race
    icyphish wrote: »

Wow... that standings list is MUCH different than the one in the game... COMPLETELY different. In game the first 2 players are TRs.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
    First of all I think they need to tell us what the criteria they are using to rank everyone. That was never accomplished or even attempted.

It cannot just be based on Wins/Losses and Kills/Deaths/Assists... if it is that is wrong. Why bother keeping track of total points, if you do not use them for ranking people?

I have had 10 matches out of 70 where I did not score more than 1000 points total. 4 of those we absolute <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-stomping matches. The other 6 they allowed us to cap over the minimum... until the end of the match.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
    edited June 2015
    It cannot just be based on Wins/Losses and Kills/Deaths/Assists... if it is that is wrong. Why bother keeping track of total points, if you do not use them for ranking people?

basing it on kda would be beyond <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, how would ppl like DC/Pala who generally dont get kills but contest nodes get pts ?

and some idiot running around hunting kills and not giving a f about what actually is needed to win gets more than somebody who spends whole game contesting and getting killed in the process

and updated 2x a week ? is it 19th century or what ? it wouldnt be hard to make update automatically, though here i wouldnt be surprised if they do it manually lol
    Paladin Master Race
    I have a hard time believing that it is updated 2 times a week. I stated this before that I am surrounded by players who have entered a max of 20 matches. I guarantee that none of them are close to my point totals. The most points I have had in a match was over 6500 and the least was 600... once... in an abusive match against a premade.

In the last 70 matches I have collected 300+ kills... 25 double kills, 3 triple kills... and 350+ deaths... and over 250000 points. I kill, and die, contesting... I run to nodes when I am not doing either.

I feel that premades should be handicapped in the rankings... since they are NOT experiencing the challenges that PUGS do... or they are on another ranking system all together.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
    could it be that they are counting horse race or iwd ?
    Paladin Master Race
  • GranDGranD Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So if we are on the top 40,
    when do we get this Mount-Reward? and Where do we claim it ?

it says: ".. at the end of the first preseason, "
    does it mean on Jul9. or every thursday till the end of the preseason,

I don't know, Because there is many "Armored Bulleted" on the Auction house already,
    when do they get it?
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ● xgrandz02

• samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    The overall is definitely and obviously broken, so it makes sense the individual class LBs are broken as well.
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    edited June 2015
    The overall is definitely and obviously broken, so it makes sense the individual class LBs are broken as well.

They are clearly heavily weighted towards the PvP guild members being on top. If you can't use a premade you are probably not going to do to well... consistently.

It is VERY difficult to weigh the intangible aspects of a good player. The lack of understanding behind the guidelines pertaining to the rankings and how they are scored.

It is clearly based on win pct, kill/death/assist ratio... and that is it. I cannot see it being any other way. Which is like telling an elephant that he is an idiot because he can't pass the test... when the test is how well can you climb a tree.

There are killing TRs and there are scoring TRs... you cannot judge how good they both are when you choose ONE criteria.

Samothrace, of the times I have been teamed with you and been against you... you are a scorer and you kill when you need to. Like me, you do what is needed to win.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    I'm guessing it has something to do with owlbear and strongholds, some sync issues with DB.
    IDK... but I do know that the NCL store is gone.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
    I have been in 3 matches that ended up being 4 on 5... where we, the 4, actually won the match. Yet there was not much change in my standing. Even if the 5 are horrible it is a lot harder to win
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    It is VERY difficult to weigh the intangible aspects of a good player. The lack of understanding behind the guidelines pertaining to the rankings and how they are scored.

Samothrace, of the times I have been teamed with you and been against you... you are a scorer and you kill when you need to. Like me, you do what is needed to win.

I don't mean in the way they rank us is broken I mean the LB is really broken, look at Purple Dragons, all grouped together O.O But yeah I hate the way they rank us as well.. And yes I do try to do whatever it takes to win!
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    Pretty much it is pay more, get higher rank. Skill vs. Skill is what is lacking in this game.

That being the case "Handicapping" is not something that will ever happen. So that being the case they will continue to have 1/2 to 3/4 of the game population avoiding PvP.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
    Just sent Andy (Strumslinger) a PM, hopefully he can confirm if there is an issue with the online leaderboard :)

• castethcasteth Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    im' in page 1,2 or 3 till the beginning, and i'm not in even in top 40 paladin

No problem at all ^^
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    I laughed loud my cw is listed at 429 really? how in game i am in 30 page? oh my god.
  • subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    As a SW the only chance you have of being anywhere near the top is if you're in premades. Last time I looked there was only 1 in the first 10 pages, who was in one of the top PVP guilds.