test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are PWE only interested in cash shop items

chinspinnerchinspinner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I cite one simple example- "killme" does not work and has not been fixed in the time it has taken to introduce numerous items into the cash shop. I know games need to earn money, but it seems to me the most simple of bug fixes are neglected in favour of cash shop fluff.
My new quest:

WIP
Post edited by chinspinner on

Comments

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The people designing items for the cash shop and working on the monetization model are not the same people who fix the bugs.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I cite one simple example- "killme" does not work and has not been fixed in the time it has taken to introduce numerous items into the cash shop. I know games need to earn money, but it seems to me the most simple og bug fixes are neglected in favour of cash shop fluff.

It works from the help menu
  • chinspinnerchinspinner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    so you agree that /killme does not work? there are numerous other examples, items clipping, bad scaling, immovable foundry menus blocking each other... and so on and so on. I do not care if they are different teams, the fact bugs are not getting fixed suggests too many people are in one team and too few in the other.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    therr a tons of things that had worked earlier and now are broken. /showfps is broken since mod4
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    The people designing items for the cash shop and working on the monetization model are not the same people who fix the bugs.

IZ here is correct, those that are producing cash shop content are a different team (with different goals, milestones, and schedules) then those working on fixing the content and the issues therein.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Its not even a bug. They disabled the command intentionality. It was being abused to skip areas in dungeons and generating a ton of false bug reports in thr process.
    edited June 2015
    azlanfox wrote: »
    IZ here is correct, those that are producing cash shop content are a different team (with different goals, milestones, and schedules) then those working on fixing the content and the issues therein.

Irrelevant. The team dealing with bugs is not fixing bugs. The team dealing with cash shop items seems to roll them out. This suggests the balance is wrong. Stop being an apologist for bad management.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Irrelevant. The team dealing with bugs is not fixing bugs. The team dealing with cash shop items seems to roll them out. This suggests the balance is wrong. Stop being an apologist for bad management.

Me, an apologist... buddy you have no idea how much I want to put a fist into the face of whomever is in charge of mod6 and leave a nice big fat impression of US ARMY in their forehead. What I am pointing out is that regardless of how unacceptable the level of bugs are, the production of cash shop items is completely separate and the two have no connection.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
    edited June 2015
    azlanfox wrote: »
    Me, an apologist... buddy you have no idea how much I want to put a fist into the face of whomever is in charge of mod6 and leave a nice big fat impression of US ARMY in their forehead. What I am pointing out is that regardless of how unacceptable the level of bugs are, the production of cash shop items is completely separate and the two have no connection.

Yes they do, emphatically. A company has so many employees who can be divided between different teams. The division is based on priorities.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's not "apologizing for bad management". It's the plain and simple fact of how the business works. Cash shop items require far less time and resources than bug fixing, not to mention that they ARE different teams. That your pet issue isn't fixed doesn't mean it's been ignored--there are simply far more critical bugs to fix. Bugs are not fixed on a "first in, first out" manner, rather, they are prioritized in terms of criticality of the bug in question, and what resources are available to address the matter--and that's to say nothing of the fact that bugs must first be reproduced on their internal test servers, then a fix must be coded, and then that fix must be tested.

Furthermore, as sock mentioned, the /killme command was being exploited, thus, the command was disabled.

At any rate, please do format your concerns in a manner that isn't a finger-pointing or accusatory rant. If you have a bug to report, use the Bug Reports forum and please do be concise and objective.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.