BiS Trapper Mod6

query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Wilds
My current gear is:
EAR (ellemental alliance raid) hood
EEA (ellemental elven assault) coat
EEA (elemental elven assault) bracers
EAR (ellemental alliance raid) gaiters

Naturlly I am ignoring EER gear because it has useless recovery. What I am pondering is whether or not it is worth upgrading anything else? EEA gaiters trade 2% less crit for 2% more base damage, ArPen when I am already at 60% and 1k HP (also lose some recovery but who needs recoveery?). The EEA hood gives me 1% more damage loses 2% crit and so is not very appealing at all. None of the burning options seem to improve my build. So basically is seems that I am already BiS. I can raise my ILv slightly but it is likely to degrade performance. Am I down to the long R12 refining process? Can anyone think of an improvement in base gear over perhaps moving to EEA gaiters?

edit: realized my abbreviations might be ambiguos.

Comments

• nhojelfpoknhojelfpok Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I've been looking for awhile now on a mod 6 bis build this would help out alot!!
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    in same boat only up grade is dragon flight but like stats on lionsmane executioner better now need purple pants and shirt
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    ATM I ran with 3k recovery (as a trapper). Maybe a little too much but I have seen that if I run with Constrictive/Cordon/Hindering which seems to me the highest DPS rotation, in longer fights I start to have gaps in the rotation as the charges of Cordon/Hindering run out and recovery helps closing those gaps and getting more sustained DPS.
    I tried Lostmauth but for a trapper you get approximately 5% extra damage (my experience in several eCC runs with 43% crit, can be even less if you have extra sources of damage like a paladin's Aura of Courage) so stayed with Lathander that makes my life easier (and longer).
    I got the best boost to damage from Fire and Air Archons recently, seems to be more that they state.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

I tried Lostmauth but for a trapper you get approximately 5% extra damage (my experience in several eCC runs with 43% crit, can be even less if you have extra sources of damage like a paladin's Aura of Courage) ....

Is that how Lostmauth is supposed to work for a Trapper, or is it a bug?
    I've held out far too long with my (lesser) Dex belt while trying to find out if Lostmauth is bugged or just working like it should...
    I guess Lostmauth just isn't appreciating our fine roots, and therefore isn't proc. off those criticals?

Does it work as well for an Archer as it does for most other classes?
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    You are right. It never procs on roots (checked both Combat logs and ACT). Seems to work better for Archers according to two guildies I asked to.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80