test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

odd numbers I have been looking at.....

query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
1. Upgrading from blue Ellemental to purple Elven nets you a grand total 1035 HP and 170 dispersed points. It's a little bit more on the chest. This makes me feel a little stupid for the ammoung of 2/# multi-runs I have been doing on top of full runs for cache.It also is a firm reminder that gear snobs are not very bright. But it also makes me consider (since there is variation in where those points are between sets) that BiS might end up being a mix of the two for some classes.

2. I opened 223 thaumaturgical bags resulting in 163 minors, 59 lessers, and 1 solitary blue stone. So a little under 29% chance of lesser and a bit under 1/2% chance of a regular stone. Another way to figure that would be an average 1050 Rp per bag. Which if you are like me and like oddball enchants is a good rate for RP. It also reminds me that RNG is an angry angry god and we should all fear him.

3. Greater Hoards are 59 iLv and a pure PF is 69iLv. Yes kids if you use 5 greater hoards you are getting the iLv of over 4 pure weapon enchants. Which honestly makes it look like iLv is not much better than GS was. But does give me the opportunity to be smug about people demanding high iLv to run eLoL. And if you had not noticed I rather enjoy feeling smug.

4. The new shirts/ pants are about 400 points (one full percent) better than the L60 equivillant. Compare that to the improvement you get from 400 protectors seals for a couple hundred thousand Ad. Cry softly, die a little inside. No more math. I have completely lost my smug.......... Hold me?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sure. We can cuddle.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    query523 wrote: »
    4. The new shirts/ pants are about 400 points (one full percent) better than the L60 equivillant. Compare that to the improvement you get from 400 protectors seals for a couple hundred thousand Ad. Cry softly, die a little inside. No more math. I have completely lost my smug.......... Hold me?

this paragraph confuses me. could you explain further? esp. the second sentence. thats where i get confused.
  • translucentwolftranslucentwolf Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The game is, simply put, a meaningless grind. You spend hundreds of hours for a meaningless improvement to what is, after all, a collections of 1s and 0s stored on some anonymous server.
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey buddy. Wake up. You're in the Matrix.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    this paragraph confuses me. could you explain further? esp. the second sentence. thats where i get confused.

Upgrading your shirt or pants provides 400 points or so. and they cost 200-250k on the AH. For 400 protectors seals you can get and elven peicce to replace an alliance peice which gives you less than 200 points and about 1KHP. Comparing the effort it takes to get the elven to what it takes to make a couple hundred thousand AD it is a little sad. But I am better now. I will soldier on. lfg ToS 2/3 seal farm.....
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    [...] and 170 dispersed points. [...] an average 1050 Rp per bag [...] iLv of over 4 pure weapon enchants. [...] about 400 points (one full percent) better than the L60 equivillant. [...] from 400 protectors [...]

Misleading thread title - those are even numbers!

Where are the mods when you need them, this is obviously fraudulent!

:^D

On a more serious note: The effort-reward-balance in this Mod 6 is completely in line with ILvl and everything else in this Mod 6: Buggy, imbalanced, not-thought-through, open to (though totally irrelevant in this case) exploits, and punishing the legit players...
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, grinding 2/3 EtoS or whatever dungeon to get the seals to get the minor stat improvement (**** you stat curves!) is honestly...stupid.
    Yet! we still do it because we want to PLAY the game, and beside grinding these seals or RP there's really nothing else to do.

I still like running dungeons (we have few of them yay!) but after an hour or so, I'm done.

Looking at rewards that CAN BE AQUIRED WITHIN THE GAME BY PLAYING, it's much better to just boot your chrome and play SCA.
    As far as I know there are no exploit in SCA...or?

Cheers!
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The game is, simply put, a meaningless grind. You spend hundreds of hours for a meaningless improvement to what is, after all, a collections of 1s and 0s stored on some anonymous server.

Everything in this game is "meaningless" except the fun you have playing. If you're not having fun, why bother?

It's a game, not a marriage. If you're not having fun, you can walk away.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Everything in this game is "meaningless" except the fun you have playing. If you're not having fun, why bother?

Are you saying marriage isn't fun?!
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What I don't quite see is why he's implying you can't walk away from a marriage...
    edited May 2015
    rgladiato wrote: »

...well, the fun part can be had without the marriage.

k3ll0 wrote: »
    What I don't quite see is why he's implying you can't walk away from a marriage...

...which unfortunately often tends to be somewhat expensive.

[...]It's a game, not a marriage. If you're not having fun, you can walk away.

...which is making the walking-away a lot cheaper here.

You only have say goodbye to all the time, AD, and maybe ZEN you already invested here.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd say I got similar results opening thaumaturgic bags. I generated enough of those in one month (from M6 launch to double RP) that the contents allowed me to upgrade one enchant from perfect to transcendent, with a little left over. I thought that was respectable. Pitifully few blue stones but a decent rate of green ones.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Very good point. If its fun, the rest is part of that fun regardless.. When we lose focus on the immediate dynamics as being fun (as this mod has delivered thru excess difficulty) then fun is sought through the process of achievements and acquisition. This game so far anyways doesnt support acquisition oriented achievements.
  • piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i confused about ilv calculation.. it's not represent how good your toon is
    when i remove my R11 brutal(330 pow and 330 crit) i lost 70ilv point worth
    but when i use major crit armor reinforce kit(200 crit) i add 100 ilv worth

when i replace my G dragon hoard with R7 dark for movespeed my ilv decrease.. but the fact is my toon performance increase
    i think we can't judge toon from ilv because it's not accurate
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    1. Upgrading from blue Ellemental to purple Elven nets you a grand total 1035 HP and 170 dispersed points. It's a little bit more on the chest. This makes me feel a little stupid for the ammoung of 2/# multi-runs I have been doing on top of full runs for cache.It also is a firm reminder that gear snobs are not very bright. But it also makes me consider (since there is variation in where those points are between sets) that BiS might end up being a mix of the two for some classes.

2. I opened 223 thaumaturgical bags resulting in 163 minors, 59 lessers, and 1 solitary blue stone. So a little under 29% chance of lesser and a bit under 1/2% chance of a regular stone. Another way to figure that would be an average 1050 Rp per bag. Which if you are like me and like oddball enchants is a good rate for RP. It also reminds me that RNG is an angry angry god and we should all fear him.

3. Greater Hoards are 59 iLv and a pure PF is 69iLv. Yes kids if you use 5 greater hoards you are getting the iLv of over 4 pure weapon enchants. Which honestly makes it look like iLv is not much better than GS was. But does give me the opportunity to be smug about people demanding high iLv to run eLoL. And if you had not noticed I rather enjoy feeling smug.

As a casual gamer, it is definitely not worth my time trying to achieve such a small percentage gain in stats for the time/AD expense involved. Good stats!

piejal wrote: »
    i confused about ilv calculation.. it's not represent how good your toon is
    when i remove my R11 brutal(330 pow and 330 crit) i lost 70ilv point worth
    but when i use major crit armor reinforce kit(200 crit) i add 100 ilv worth

when i replace my G dragon hoard with R7 dark for movespeed my ilv decrease.. but the fact is my toon performance increase
    i think we can't judge toon from ilv because it's not accurate

Yes, item level is just about as messed up as gear score used to be. . . sometimes change doesn't result in something better . . . :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think item levels is worse than gear score.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    As a casual gamer, it is definitely not worth my time trying to achieve such a small percentage gain in stats for the time/AD expense involved. Good stats!

Yes, item level is just about as messed up as gear score used to be. . . sometimes change doesn't result in something better . . . :)

agreed, is why I upgraded to T1 (blue alliance whatever) and bought lv 70 shirt/pants with no enchant slots only. the frustration of T2's is not worth the meager stat increase.

now I just log in, reset my leadership, run a few dailies maybe, log off and wait for mod7.... or mod8 or whatever it will take to fix this fustercluck of a game
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yes.

*whistles innocently*
    va8Ru.gif
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yes.

*whistles innocently*

annnd, that it is an immortal sin :)
    edited May 2015

Yes.

*whistles innocently*

...you should've paid more attention and thought to that "bad times" part. Before saying "Yes, I will".

But, with the hangover from stag night,...