test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Greycloaks

kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
The Greycloaks is the original guild of Neverwinter.

Formed in the pre-beta alpha testing phase, the Greycloaks were one of two guilds used to test the game when guild functionality was first added, though The Knights of Neverwinter was technically formed second :). We reformed in closed beta, and after the wipe, we reformed again when Open Beta started and have been going strong ever since. In the years since, we've expanded into many guild groups (Whitecloaks, Blackcloaks, Goldcloaks, Browncloaks, Bluecloaks, Pantycloaks -- er... don't ask...). Collectively, we go by the name "Cloaks."

Sadly, the M6 contraction caused us, like many guilds, to shed a lot of members (over 1000 players in our case). Currently, we are operating two full guilds: Greycloaks and Blackcloaks and are currently around 300 total players give or take 20 or so.

At our core, the Cloaks are a casual guild. We avoid drama as much as we can, and we work to promote an open and inclusive experience for our members, friends and allies. We have no restrictions for admittance other than a minimum level for your main of 60 (alts can be any level), you can have BiS gear or none at all. We will help you as much as we can to improve, though of course don't expect handouts from us. Currently, level 70 players are being placed in Greycloaks and players under 70 are being placed in Blackcloaks (unless you're already a member or are a returning member).

We have no real expectation or requirement for your participation in guild events, or guild runs, in our TeamSpeak or Discord channel or even in chat. If you don't want to be social, that's fine. However, in that case you'd be missing out on the several scheduled weekly 4-dragon BBQs in our SH (really, it's more like the 8 or 12-dragon BBQ), our frequently scheduled (and ad hoc) DDs and Tiamat kills along with the constant ongoing DD/Skim/Daily groups. Even PvP, though we're not PvP-oriented. That says nothing of the friendship and community we've built up over the lifetime of Neverwinter, and all the knowledge, history and understanding of the game that comes with that.

We have 3 cardinal rules:
  1. Play however you want.
  2. Don't be a jerk.
  3. When Rule 1 and Rule 2 conflict, see Rule 2.

How to join?

Glad you asked! Your options are wide open. We do not require any application process - we're not a job after all, you don't need to provide us a gamer CV. We're happy to have you whether you created your character yesterday and this is the first video game you've ever seen since leaving that deserted island or this is the latest in a constant stream of unending online video game playing dating back to Ultima Online. We won't say anything about the state of your personal life. Promise!
  1. The most efficient way is to visit http://greycloaks.enjin.com/recruitment and follow the instructions listed there
  2. Reply to this thread, make sure to include your in-game handle.
  3. Mail or PM me in game @kvetchus_ or likewise PM or mail any other officer.
  4. Smoke signals. Note: There is a high probably that this method will fail. Our lawyers also have asked me to say that we won't be held liable for any injury, damage or destruction that comes as a result of the irresponsible use of fire. I know... lawyers... bah! <_<

Our alliance is called "Tredecim" - a name that represents the fact that we are a circle not a tree. We are a community of communities. We are not chasing bonuses (though bonuses are good), but rather we are banded together to enhance our various communities by coming together as one group. While this thread is dedicated to recruiting for Greycloaks and Blackcloaks, and technically the Tredecim are helmed by Greycloaks - the fact of the matter is joining any one of the guilds listed below WILL enhance your game experience and we would welcome you to our community regardless. There's a couple alliance websites at the moment (https://cloakalliance.wordpress.com/ and http://tredecim.enjin.com/)

The Tradecim are (in alphabetical order):
  • Ancient Spirits
  • Brulparra
  • Blackcloaks
  • Caritas
  • Dragon Arm
  • Fair Dinkum
  • Greycloaks
  • Monsters of War
  • Ruin
  • Shadow Draconis
  • South Pacific Gamers
  • Team Fencebane
  • Wraithguard
Post edited by kvet on

Comments

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited May 2016
  • gaara355gaara355 Member Posts: 1 New User
    hey i wanna join
    I just wanted to give a big shout out to the new and returning members we've added over the past week. Welcome to all of you!

Nikko Dimes@nikkodimes
    pocahantas Chandler@meikiller
    Hagios@aposk
    Margarite The Good@treemont5
    Kane@ABDO4411
    Erineyes@gorbad13
    Nemesis@nemesisxviii
    Skooma@gausnen
    Dakeyras@pvpslay3r1
    Nis@codexana
    Torina Ishkava@deminist56
    Gressug@gressell
    XTRM@uzumaki102281
    BEHEMOTH@sillyputty0
    Velli Greenfox@jokerwild77
    Azura Moonshadow@irispixie
    Sariph@sthout
    Doulatta@jr0187
    Dorrian Hawklight@dungra34
    Big Tex Blaze@alphablaze22
    Hello! Just wanted to give another shout out to the 23 new and returning members we added this week. Welcome to the Cloaks!

Cherrylime@pavium
    Lorean Starlight@adurna7
    Skamos Demoneye@zeus3iob
    aravein@jhpnw
    Toxotes@aposk
    Lucan Huntinghawk@shivaminor
    Norros@muntinw
    Draven Darktide@robminnick
    Pienzor@pienor
    Allethar@alethar
    Brynne@decaye30
    Thromkal@beebsthurso
    Mina@flehstiffer
    Lynx@pyrobushwookie
    Kelemek@r10999
    Kaelyx@sherifftruman
    Lorelai@alethar
    Darksbane@painbringer2303
    Pods@segibb
    Medivilan@medivilanza
    Balasar Medrash@willwilco
    daylyn@holsac
    Alastor@dionisis15
    edited July 2015
    That time of the week again! Welcome to all the new Cloaks that we've added this week (and a few returning folks too):

Sollandra@poikj2
    Chezlad@ethanmiter
    twinsniper@twinsniper1
    Cam Diphda@jamstercam
    Heraldric@santralafax
    Rai'sojin@daisojin
    Kaedi Moonshadow@gorbad13
    Kahiri@gorbad13
    Lord Karsus@gabriel1941
    Izzy@atomaic
    Andrea@miqogh
    Theren Urthadar@Gamingmaster423
    Keelz@toolmanhoss
    Hamleigh@hamrock2
    Nicoliki@nicoliki113
    Mummty@mummty12
    DevilWizzard@acko88
    Xænril Vyth'Kepesk@jesteramongfools
    Brieta@shiralac
    Eat Me@Inquisitor.U
    gretz@killer222020
    Twinkle Toes@misharona
  • sp1derqueensp1derqueen Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Hi! I have registered to your site and if I'm not mistaken the Greycloaks are currently full. So how can I join?
  • dumdragondumdragon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    looking to join your guild as well.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Delete
    Post edited by bitt3rnightmar3 on
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• puravidacrpuravidacr Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Do you have a pre-60 Sub guild?

A little confused ..... I see all levels then only 60 and above :)
    edited January 2017
    Delete
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --

edited January 2017
    Delete
    --

edited January 2017
    Delete
    --

edited January 2017
    Delete
    --

• flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    A bit update about our new fun guild/Cloak event: COCA (Cloaks Officer Coordinated Activity) which means more organized dungeon runs and edemo runs during weekdays and weekend! Join us! We still have quite some spaces in both guilds.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
    Haven't updated this thread in a long time!

Greycloaks are at Guild Level 12 with 2 more structure upgrades to go until we can level up. We're currently recruiting level 70 characters, though if you'd like to join the cloaks and aren't level 70, we're also recruiting for Blackcloaks at level 60.

You can learn more or find out how to join at: http://greycloaks.enjin.com/
    We're >< this close to GH 13. YAY! Thanks all the Cloaks out there for your contributions!

Greycloaks and Blackcloaks are recruiting! We have no item level requirements, you don't have to use Teamspeak (it's encourage, but not required) and for heaven's sake you don't have to tithe. We don't even require that you contribute to the coffer. We'll leave you alone and let you play solo if that's what you want while you mooch off our Stronghold (hey, I'm a realist here), but obviously we'd prefer if you join the community, play with us and have fun! Still. Rule #1: Play how you want. It's core to the Cloaks.

Feel free to PM or mail me in game (@kvetchus_) if you have any questions.
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    just stopped by to say thanks for inviting me to this guild I have had so much fun since joining last July. It was so hard to find a group that would take a new level 70 and 1.8 il for a dungeon run for gear. The cloaks made me part of the family and had great patience with my newbee mistakes. We are killing 4 dragons at a time in DF and have great Players at every class position so build help and theory crafting has been fun. With All the guild events and fun, I have had a blast and now I hope to help others same as I was helped see you in game
    Ara
    HR 3.8 il
    Post edited by jhpnw on
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    Wow we really have added some great new Members but we have a few spots left for the right players!! If you feel that you would like to have fun, level your tune and get the best in gear give us a shout. as always look forward to seeing you in game
    Ara
  • mrrockittmrrockitt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi, would love to join! Who should I speak to please?
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    mrrockitt said:

Hi, would love to join! Who should I speak to please?

Hi, it is nice that you are interested in join grey/black cloaks. You can for sure ask our guild founder (@kvetchus_) and also the officers in the update thread. The easiest way is to join our Cloakroom channel ( type /Channel_Join Cloakroom in your chat window.) and ask which officer is on and ask for joining.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • mrrockittmrrockitt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thanks flylingleon! :)
    Welcome to our newest members from the past week!

Greycloaks
    13 May 2016 19:08 Alassra has joined the guild
    13 May 2016 19:07 ByeFelicia has joined the guild
    13 May 2016 12:09 Serrais Y Hastur has joined the guild
    12 May 2016 20:13 Brave Sir Robin has joined the guild
    9 May 2016 09:45 Katrina has joined the guild
    8 May 2016 20:43 Adara Stalkingwolf has joined the guild
    8 May 2016 16:03 Dusk has joined the guild
    8 May 2016 16:00 Lady Frost has joined the guild
    8 May 2016 15:58 ж Şhаdош Şтэр ж has joined the guild

Blackcloaks
    14 May 2016 23:29 Aemoh has joined the guild
    14 May 2016 20:28 buffermail has joined the guild
    14 May 2016 18:15 farlord has joined the guild
    14 May 2016 18:10 sam winchester has joined the guild
    14 May 2016 18:10 Drimm has joined the guild
    14 May 2016 18:10 Daniel San has joined the guild
    14 May 2016 18:10 twistdballz has joined the guild
    14 May 2016 18:09 Chase Groundwater has joined the guild
    14 May 2016 15:21 Kukel E. Kuu has joined the guild
    14 May 2016 06:22 Mazgun Swordcock has joined the guild
    14 May 2016 02:54 Lady Storm has joined the guild
    14 May 2016 00:50 Leto has joined the guild
    13 May 2016 18:14 Makaria Fiendline has joined the guild
    13 May 2016 18:05 Brian has joined the guild
    13 May 2016 13:19 Mavrick has joined the guild
    13 May 2016 00:41 Ashreign has joined the guild
    12 May 2016 22:17 Mal has joined the guild
    12 May 2016 20:09 Loghaire Faithstone has joined the guild
    12 May 2016 00:28 Astron Etherius has joined the guild
    10 May 2016 08:20 SteveDave has joined the guild
    10 May 2016 02:01 Ayola Auel Rapace has joined the guild
    9 May 2016 23:23 Loghaire Faithstone has joined the guild
    9 May 2016 08:37 Paete has joined the guild
    8 May 2016 19:16 Buffy has joined the guild
    8 May 2016 16:08 Shimmer has joined the guild
    8 May 2016 16:02 Pretty Ms. Scarlet has joined the guild
    8 May 2016 08:30 Binjaffa has joined the guild
    8 May 2016 07:09 Drimm has joined the guild
    edited May 2016
    Shout out to our soon-to-be allies! Team Fencebane and Ancient Spirits. Can't wait to BBQ some dragons with all of you!
    Post edited by kvet on
  • melindaozmelindaoz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Kvet, Fair Dinkum would like to chat with you about a potential alliance but the time zone differences mean I haven't had a chance to catch you online. Would you be willing to chat with me about it? We're casual, friendly, a little silly at times, mainly Australian and New Zealand PVE'ers, but have some international members and a few people who love the pvp and aren't best served by our focus but love us anyway. Dani
    edited May 2016
    @melindaoz - absolutely!! Can't PM on these forums because - actually I have no idea why Arc chose to disable that feature other than that Vanilla boards suck... but that aside. There's a few options - in game mail (you have my handle: @kvetchus_) or if your guild has a guild site with messaging capabilities, I could join your site, or you could join greycloaks.enjin.com and we could use the messaging feature there (my username on the guild site is Sekhmet) or if you have some other idea in mind, let me know! I look forward to speaking with you.

EDIT: Other alternatives. I very rarely use Social media, and these are accounts I specific created for NW, but you can reach me on them if you'd prefer (may want to let me know to check them though...)
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/kvetnw
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kvet.chus
    Post edited by kvet on
  • gypsy#2378 gypsy Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hi, very interesting guild philosophy...sounds like just what I have been looking for. Currently lvl 68 GWF, contact is Briell@gypsy#2378

TY4YT
  • melindaozmelindaoz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    EDIT: Other alternatives. I very rarely use Social media, and these are accounts I specific created for NW, but you can reach me on them if you'd prefer (may want to let me know to check them though...)
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/kvetnw
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kvet.chus
    We had a site, but the guild member who created it had a baby and disappeared. Then the guy who paid for our TeamSpeak stopped playing NWO, but still pays. It's the nature of the game, I guess. Now we have a blog and Facebook page. We roll with the changes :) I've sent you a Facebook friend request and message. Thanks for being open to chatting with me.
  • ivandaleivandale Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Hi Kvet,

I would like to join your guild, it is a good fit with my playing style and ethos, CW MOF Level 70.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Ivandale@ivandale