test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Easiest fix for repeatedly getting kicked from PUG Epic Dungeons

fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
After playing for a while, and getting my teeth wet in Epic Dungeons, I can see there is a real problem here. I get the sense that the response to these issues from devs/publisher is to form your own groups pre-queue. While certainly not a bad suggestion that kind of kills the entire reason for having a PUG queue available.

A. Group is looking for X and you are not X
B. Group thinks your GS is too low because they saw some guy get spanked with a higher gear score and a poor feat build.
C. OMG, you looted a green item! Get outta here.
D. Loot.
E. Troll.
F. I've been here since the start of the dungeon, just got four new players, got kicked at the boss.

Easiest fix

A. Star Wars the Old Republic has a great system. It requires group finder queues to have 1 Tank, 1 Healer, 2 DPS (4 person groups). Each class can typically do 2 of the 3 roles, so you are allowed to select which role you are built for from the options available. Implementing this system would cut out 95% of kicks and frustration. The only drawback is it would make Queuing take longer to pop, but ultimately I think it would save a lot of time. Also, it would be nice to see how it would work out with only one player per class, I.E. you can only have 1 TR, 1 GWF, 1 HR for DPS, not 3 TRs. I think this part would help players in particular who get kicked because they aren't TR's.

B. This is just stupidity. Having said that, I have totally been in a game with a Cleric who didn't heal anyone on the Mad Dragon final boss, so it is necessary to have the option to kick people who aren't doing their job. Best way I can see to fix this sort of stupidity is: Limit to one vote to kick per 15 minute interval. True, it wont solve the problem, but it will help with the most egregious offenders. Only other option I see is to remove the function entirely. Additionally, there is a huge problem with people who play this game not knowing how the different classes play into group encounters and why you actually need them. A lot of smaller mobs can be cleared without a healer/tank, even on level 65 dungeons. I feel like this makes it too easy to get into the mindset that you don't need other classes/builds, which is (or at least should be) completely inaccurate.

C. Move loot threshold to Rare (blue) items. That way, those of us who NEED TO LOOT TO SELL ALL THE <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> TO KEEP BUYING POTIONS TO HEAL WITH (I.E. all of us tanks) can loot away, and everyone else isn't inconvenienced or whatever the current excuse is for this malarky. On that note, roll box also needs to not pop up until ALL party members are out of combat. Two birds, one stone.

D. Specifically, kicking people when a Purple drops for a better chance to win. If in combat/loot rolling, voting should be disabled. No brainer, easy fix.

E. Trolls. Sadly, they exist. Best way to get rid of a troll kicker? Limit each person to initiating a Vote to Kick to either once every 45 minutes or once per dungeon.

F. There is arguably nothing worse than this. You put in the time, you put in the work, and some players joined in and kicked you to for any of the above reasons, or to get their buddy in. Seniority based kick ability is the only way I see this being solved. Unfortunately I am fairly sure there are some groups that get one person into an instance, kick other players until all their buddies are in, and kill the boss for the final loot without having to run the dungeon. This is a huge problem.

Additionally, if you get kicked from a group you should not be able to join that group again. Common sense...

A lot of these are relatively simple. I know if implemented (even just a couple) it would make the game far more enjoyable for myself and many others. Really sucks not being able to do end game content because you get immediately kicked a dozen times.
Post edited by fluffy6977 on

Comments

• jaxcevaaljaxcevaal Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2015
    Or the EASIEST fix that will eventually shut everyone up...

G. JOIN AS A 3 MAN GROUP and deal with it like the rest of the intelligent people so you have the vote majority?

Enough of the spam threads please post in another one with the same exact name. There's over 9,000 of them.
  • fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Read your thread. Was not impressed with your tactics. You are a big part of the problem. Go troll elsewhere.
  • grabmooregrabmoore Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jdnutz wrote: »
    the current system, i,m guessing works for PC, as they are more mature players

Nope, PC had the exact same issues when there actually was loot in the game.
    In early PC mods people got kicked for various reasons very often. This only has changed, because there is nothing in the PC game, that is worth AD or can be sold at all.
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
    My opinions are my own. Please do not judge my friends nor guild for my statements.
  • oflowzoflowz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    fluffy6977 wrote: »

C. Move loot threshold to Rare (blue) items. That way, those of us who NEED TO LOOT TO SELL ALL THE <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> TO KEEP BUYING POTIONS TO HEAL WITH (I.E. all of us tanks) can loot away, and everyone else isn't inconvenienced or whatever the current excuse is for this malarky. On that note, roll box also needs to not pop up until ALL party members are out of combat. Two birds, one stone.

E. Trolls. Sadly, they exist. Best way to get rid of a troll kicker? Limit each person to initiating a Vote to Kick to either once every 45 minutes or once per dungeon.

I agree with these two points specifically. I'm not going to be rude like these other guys in the thread here just by the way they are commenting they seem like the type of people that are abusing vote kick.

But as a healer, its incredibly annoying to have the loot roll window keep popping up in the middle of combat.

I also agree that you should only be able to initiate a vote once every 15 minutes minimum. I've been in groups where two players of the same class try to vote kick each other the *entire* dungeon. Its incredibly annoying.
  • dammyluckdammyluck Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    God I hate that stupid loot window tanking a group of mobs its annoying enough to see your stance and keep a watch around you without having my vision blocked by a big dam loot roll window in the middle of my screen. On kicking just some tips that might help.
    3 or more of the same guild-bail nobody talking=probably in a party-bail having the same class as someone else-bail saves you an hour or so of grinding just to get kicked. solutions to getting vote kicked on boss, well trolls will find a way maybe if vote to kick on last boss was impossible I mean if you stuck with the party till the end then you get vote kicked you know that's wrong because you felt no need to boot them through the whole dungeon so they must have been doing there job.