test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF tac vs OP for PVE party support? KV vs DP?

benistvanbenistvan Member Posts: 159 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Guard Barracks
I had a GF tactician swordmaster for PVE maximizing party support/buffs and giving survivability/dr to party.
Its still good for some easier instances.
My own survivabiliy is really good with steel defense.
(You can keep aggro probably better too.)

However you can't miss the OPness of Divine Protector daily over Knight's Valor.
With some AP gain Justice build or with DC in party you can shoot it very frequently.
And palas are probably giving better buffs too.

Shall I leave my favourite GF and start doing dailies with my Pala for better PVE party support?
Or wait for GF buffs in mod7? mod8...?
Any opinion?
Post edited by benistvan on

Comments

• pa1nk1ller1989pa1nk1ller1989 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Paladins will probably get nerfed after a while, it is commonplace in this game for new classes to be overpowered for 2-3 months then become nerfed in some way. Though if you enjoy the gameplay of the paladin more than the GF you should go for it, it's a game so for the most part imo it's just personal preference above all else if both are effective
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    benistvan wrote: »
    I had a GF tactician swordmaster for PVE maximizing party support/buffs and giving survivability/dr to party.
    Its still good for some easier instances.
    My own survivabiliy is really good with steel defense.
    (You can keep aggro probably better too.)

However you can't miss the OPness of Divine Protector daily over Knight's Valor.
    With some AP gain Justice build or with DC in party you can shoot it very frequently.
    And palas are probably giving better buffs too.

Shall I leave my favourite GF and start doing dailies with my Pala for better PVE party support?
    Or wait for GF buffs in mod7? mod8...?
    Any opinion?

both are good.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well part of that is that you are comparing a daily to an encounter. So far in my experience the healing OP can be good. The tanking OP not so much...
  • benistvanbenistvan Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    query523 wrote: »
    Well part of that is that you are comparing a daily to an encounter. So far in my experience the healing OP can be good. The tanking OP not so much...

Divine Protector is obviosly made for a Knight Valor concurrent.

idk. I have DC and its better and more wanted than ever.
    Healer-OPs are rare and aren't pushing DCs out from the business.
    But tank-OPs might... :S
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oh yeah DCs are in demand. A solid healer is neccissary in this mod. I suppose a lot of my experience is that KV has never been a major part of my rotation. I am more concentrated on holding aggro and grouping mobs. If everything is attacking me I don't need KV. The protector OPs I've worked with were lackluster at piling the mobs together where we could AOE them to death. The healy palls were generally good at keeping thpose taking damage inside their heals.
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    GF has better personal DR. Sanctuary = 60% reduced damage, shield = 80%, so you get hit twice as hard as OP, than as GF (20% of initial dmg vs 40%), unless there are some mechanics I dont know - I know about the DR cap, but I think shields are like 2nd damage reduction. Plus it has better aggro managment (I prefer GF tab than OP when it comes to aggro, especially when there are GWFs in party) and you can attack behind your shield which is really great provided how clunky it is to rise it - OP can just stand still. OP has better party buffs with auras + Divine Protector. Temp hp is great but it can confuse your DC - often when your temp HP drops the real HP disappears as well - and you have no damage immunity skills like GF.

Summary:
    GF
    - Better personal survivability vs burst of damage
    - Better aggro managment
    OP
    - Better party buffs
    - Better personal survivability vs constant low-medium DPS

Thats just my personal opinion. Im afraid, though that if they nerf Divine Protector GF will tank noticably better in T2s
  • benistvanbenistvan Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well you forget that GFs shield is superior but only works from frontal assault. OP can be surrounded by monsters. GF need more positioning.

So my summary would be:
    GF
    -Better aggro(we rarely need that)
    -Better personal survivabilty(more DR from shield, steel defense)

-decent party survivability giving(KV 50% dr, united 5%)
    -decent party buffs: into the fray (25-35%),movement, mark(8% for others), 5% enchanced mark oh class feature, AP martial arts, rousing speech(5%)

OP:
    -decent aggro
    -good personal survivabilty

-better party survivability: DP(100%)
    -better buffs: aura of courage (8-10% dmg), aura of wisdom CD, bane (30%), feats: cd, movement, aura gifts: 25% power