test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"You cannot perform an invocation if you have items in your overflow bag.".Doh.

suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
An urgent warning to all of you who have stacks of Leadership chests/bags/barrels...

"You cannot perform an invocation if you have items in your overflow bag."

And to Cryptic:

You apparently have to absolutely grate on everybody's every nerve, rub everybody in the wrong direction, flush half of everybody's collected gear down the toilet, and take a pneumatic drill to their funnybone at the same time. In a game full of bugs.

Congratulations.

And you wonder why people leave this game - losing 20% or more of your player count over 2 weeks should be foundation enough to state this - and expect the players to fling money your way to buy larger bags, so they can stash all those funny popcorn-oddities you introduced in three different binding grades? Expect players to bang their heads against the dungeoon-bosses doors until they finally get a way past them - without even getting a chance at a glorious reward, just to get some funny smelly tokens? Run around killing stuff to get their gear refined, only to hear after 4 weeks of inquiry and data gathering that the RP-generation method has been stealth nerfed? And announce proudly what cool stuff you'll release for the Christmas game news round???

Kudos to you for your temerity.

To me this looks rather like the fail-safe way to free your dev-team's workforce for other projects.

I consider myself a fairly average gamer. But I want to spend my in-game time killing monsters at a reasonable throughput, and recieve rewards, in a reasonable amount, or with a reasonable chance. I'm even all for some micromanagement of stuff to get even better and/or more results, could spend the whole evening with only two rounds in Civilization, because I liked to check all my cities one by one...

...I'm not in this game to lose myself in excessive, completely unnecessary and fully synthetic nano-management brought about by all the freakish exotic RP-particles the extended Leadership and Crafting sytem spews out or that I get as quest rewards, and especially not in three different "Bound to..." grades, I'm not playing it to be forced to hassle around for half or an hour to get my character cleaned out before I can perform my daily religious hygiene, and I'm not satisfied with a bigger bag for inane amounts of RL cash when I already have tripled my inventory space from the game's free baseline, just because you decide to totally overcomplicate stuff.

Also, getting one more of 140 tickboxes ticked, or filling some 20 pixels more of the bar which leads when full to this tickbox being ticked, or getting a few tokens 150 of which will buy me one of 4 armor pieces or 50 of which unlock a boon for my char... ...is not triggering that "success"-feeling I wish to get from gaming. Just as a side note... ...this might give obsessive-compulsive controlling managers a kick, but for me it doesn't, nor for probably and apparently many others in this game.

Really, get your act together, do something, do it quick, and tell us what you're doing. You apparently really underestimate the quality of your competitors' products...

And: No, this is not an "I leave" or threat thread. It's just a statement that I'm royally miffed to knock my limbs on idiotic sharp edges and sit on tacks or step into squishy stuff at each and every corner - which is what this game right now feels to me. Many others seemingly have had less patience.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just go to a vendor and sell some stuff, takes a few seconds max. This is really not a reason to freak out, overflow is not meant as a storage device.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    [..]storage device.

Thank you! Finally, after 1.5 years playing this game, your sophisticated suggestion has shown me the way to salvation...

Next time try reading the whole post before replying. Or don't.

Bacuse it's about having 48 or more different items coming out of the LS boxes. I keep 24-30 slots for loot, which is rather on the high end from what my guildmates tell me. And on mules I have at least 6-12 free or easily cleared slots. Why would I store stuff in overflow? It's just goes about a) why three different binding states for non-gear, and b) why does this collode with invoking and maybe c) why are shared bank slots capped at 48 - because if that were more "cleaning out" on certain occasions like 2x RP, but also e.g. "rainy day off". It's a nerve-grating constant char swapping to get that ton of odd RP particles stacked together...
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thumbs Up for this. You described my feelings as well.