test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This is horrendous!

lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
For example.

Someone buys a load of of Blood Rubys off the Zen market for a specific amount of RP.
He applies it to his items for example.
Then you roll a new MOD and tell him he's gonna get a percentage of that money's worth for using the previously refined item as RP into the newly introduced.

For all I know, especially in the cases where money was spent for the RP the rating should be 1 for 1.
Not 40% not 60% not 99% but A FULL 100% BECAUSE THEY PAYED MONEY TO GET THAT SPECIFFIC NUMBER!!!

Same applies for the recently affected Dragon Hoards.

There's people who invested millions of AD and probably money to refine them at the time they refined them for what they were supposed to be doing.

You now pop in and announce (after silently nefring which is also hideous) that their ability to produce has been limited.

what in the world is going on ?!?!?

And now that I'm on the subject I also find it truly hideous that you first make changes silently and then announce them

As it happened with the DD event and keys, dragon hoards and a heap of other things.

What in the world are you guys thinking ?!?!?!?!?!
Post edited by lowendus on

Comments

• urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    People are not being scammed

If you buy a car and upgrade it do you expect to get all of your investment?

We have the option to use the old equipment

I am still using my old belt

Urlord
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    There are a lot of mistakes made over the last few mods, there's no denying that.

That said, the ancient argument about money doesn't fly here and never will in any MMO. You spend money on the game as it is at that point. Changes are always around the corner and gear may become obsolete at any time. That's the risk you take for spending money on an MMO.

Really ?

Ask the people who just got screwed over their upgraded Dragon Hoards.
    Or the people who bought blood rubys to get their gear to legendary in the previous mod/mods only to find out that the value of the money they spent got degraded.

I don't care about the gear being rendered obsolete. not by a rat's hair.
    I'm a heavy grinder anywayz.

Artifact and gear RP tho is a whole other deal. It is something that would actually and should actually withstand any change.

I'm feeling really sorry for the people who actually bought blood rubys or any other RP related item only to have its value degraded just like that.

You buy a set value of RP at this price. Use it
    Then I come and tell you that REUSING that SAME RP will mean you lose 40% of what you had spent on it.

For real ?

Even 1% is unacceptable
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    People don't seem familiar with the concept that most MMOs make BiS equipment obsolete with each expansion. Be glad that it's not like that in here, and many people have been using theirs since almost 5 mods.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm fine with old gear being obsolete for new content but not old gear being obsolete for old content like it is the case here.
    edited May 2015
    urlord283 wrote: »
    People are not being scammed

We have the option to use the old equipment

I am still using my old belt

Urlord

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ?!?!

Do I even have to reply ?

YES I DO!

And just cause I ride a motorcycle I'll give you a personal example and put things into context.

What's happening

is like I taking my motorcycle to my mechanic for an upgrade and next time I take it to him for an oil change, he degrades my upgrade by some percentage and asks me for more money to bring my motorcycle back to a newly baptised "upgraded state"

Personally I would swing a baseball bat right at his knee caps if he ever did that.

You serious ?!?!
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    it's one thing to quest for new gear in every expansion, but it's quite another to make gear that you have to spend money to upgrade obsolete by nerfing itin addition to offering gear that is only slightly (read: better by a difference so small you could skip the upgrade) better than what you originally had before the nerf.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
    edited May 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    People don't seem familiar with the concept that most MMOs make BiS equipment obsolete with each expansion. Be glad that it's not like that in here, and many people have been using theirs since almost 5 mods.

You guys are taking things out of context.

I don't care about gear.
    It comes and goes like popcorn.
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lowendus wrote: »
    whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ?!?!

is like I taking my motorcycle to my mechanic for an upgrade and next time I take it to him for an oil change, he degrades my upgrade by some percentage and asks me for more money to bring my motorcycle back to a newly baptised "upgraded state"

Personally I would swing a baseball bat right at his knee caps if he ever did that.

You serious ?!?!

Agreed. Yes. This. Don"t <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on our shoes and tell us it's raining. We can see quite clearly what's going on here.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    you don't HAVE to put either money or time to get to legendary, legendary is not needed for anything, it's just a fancy color.
    If you decide to put a lot of either koney or time it's your call. The game just allows you to do it.
    I agree it's pretty cheap by cryptic/PWE, but I would only agree with you if having legendary equipment/articats was needed for anything. And it's not.
    I would advice against tying to get legendary on any artifact from now on, to anybody, it's just not worth it.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Couldn't agree more. Pathetic that people spend real money or invest lots of time and get ripped off.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2015
    you don't HAVE to put either money or time to get to legendary, legendary is not needed for anything, it's just a fancy color.
    If you decide to put a lot of either koney or time it's your call. The game just allows you to do it.
    I agree it's pretty cheap by cryptic/PWE, but I would only agree with you if having legendary equipment/articats was needed for anything. And it's not.
    I would advice against tying to get legendary on any artifact from now on, to anybody, it's just not worth it.

I know. not worth going past purple. not aiming for that.

Good enchants are the way to go and you're set no matter what changes are introduced in the future.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015

Well I have been playing since mod 2 and haven't got a legendary.

Sorry but they aren't fancy colors and yes for pvp they are needed. In pvp a guy with legendary or mythic artifacts has a clear advantage over someone who doesn't.

Have you ever fought someone with 3 mythics ? because them fancy colors hurt like hell when you get 2 hit lol.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited May 2015

That argument does not cut it.

If you PvP you need BiS...Pvp has been quoted by devs as the end game of this game.

It now takes even more time/money to refine. It is absolutely insane.
    edited May 2015
    Yes for real. It's no different from any other piece of outdated gear. For starters, be glad you get to keep your gear for refining. It could -and I've seen- a hell of a lot worse. Second, crying about that 40% is completely out of context. Your new gear will still be more powerful than the item you used to refine. With absolutely no effort on your part. Where's your loss?

Lol what ?!

a) Read my motorcycle example and see what I describe as being my loss.

b) I'm a grinder. never took anything past purple and I'm glad I didn't sweat over doing so.

Don't get me wrong.

The idea that you people undervalue time, effort and money just like that is just beyond me.
    It's like you don't value (or forget the value of) anything as soon as you see "oh! new and a bit more shinny!"

But again. I don't give a flying F' about the GEAR....I'm mostly talking about the RP BEING UNDERVALUED!
    GET OVER THE GEAR!

Peace
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    urlord283 wrote: »

No, but then again, PIXELS don't wear out or depreciate.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
    edited May 2015
    Well, your motorcycle analogy doesn't work. But to make it work, look at it like this:
    If you purchase upgrade X today and find out tomorrow that a better upgrade becomes available, do complain to the dealer and want a refund?

OF COURSE!!! JESUS CHRIST! I'D BE ALL OVER THE GUY!!!

Because lets be honest...the DEALER KNEW a new and better upgrade was just around the corner.
    And we all know they know cause it's their JOB to know...ok ?

Your example is a perfect example of a SCAM! Which is what I said.

You mean to tell me that if you were in that place...you'd say....Oh' well I've just wasted a few K $ on this upgrade while I could get something better just a day after.....the dealer who sold me the upgrade just didn't tell me...no biggie ?

Are you serious ?!?!!

What kind of thought process is that ?!?!

Thanx for the example. It was picture perfect of what I'm generally trying to convey.
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you see this as being 'scammed out of your money' you probably shouldn't spend money on a game that is in active development. Things change, prices change. What you buy today may never be the same again. Be cautious with how you spend.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    I was just going to rename and move this to its proper home. Alas, we do not allow power posting and that is what is going on here. There is no need to retort everyone's statements and opinions. You cannot expect everyone to agree with you and must concede that there will always be players with other viewpoints and opinions.

Besides, there are already other threads that delve into this concern. There's no need for additional ones, especially ones where players get their posts rebutted by the original poster if they don't agree.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
This discussion has been closed.