test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lag/rubberbanding issues - monitoring - check this out guys

lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
When in PE or any other Solo zone my bandwidth is just fine.

But...last night I noticed that as soon as I hit a Dungeon the game client completely drained my connection's bandwidth.

Practically any other application connected to the internet plunged into a few KB of usage, I kill the dungeon / leave team...bandwidth returns to normal across all applications.

Then did a test.

Started downloading a test file with the game client open.

While in PE or quest areas, the file was downloading at 1.5 K
I Q up and enter a dungeon, download immediately dropped to 100KBps

Can someone else test this and share findings please ?
Post edited by lowendus on

Comments

• Options
    neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That at least would explain the increased rate of Disconnects I encounter in dungeons, skirmishes and mini dungeons.

Have tested it and I see the same thing. Instances seem to eat my bandwidth in seconds.
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Go to Launcher -> Options. There is an option that makes all game resources be downloaded at once, before you start the game. I cant remember its name. Activate it. Restart launcher - you will download all resources you havent yet - that may be even a few gB of data. Check if entering dungeon makes game still eat a lot of bandwidth
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    wentris wrote: »
    Go to Launcher -> Options. There is an option that makes all game resources be downloaded at once, before you start the game. I cant remember its name. Activate it. Restart launcher - you will download all resources you havent yet - that may be even a few gB of data. Check if entering dungeon makes game still eat a lot of bandwidth

It's on demand patching.

I've for long now disabled it and have all game content downloaded onto my PC.

That's not the issue.

Dungeon instances seem to be draining bandwidth like crazy.
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    wentris wrote: »

What's the option called? because i cant find anything related to full patching.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    What's the option called? because i cant find anything related to full patching.

"On Demand Patching"

Remove the tick.

Keen in mind tho that when you log into your account it will download a few GB of content onto your pc, so it will take some time.
  • Options
    craftmaster2craftmaster2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lowendus wrote: »
    When in PE or any other Solo zone my bandwidth is just fine.

But...last night I noticed that as soon as I hit a Dungeon the game client completely drained my connection's bandwidth.

Practically any other application connected to the internet plunged into a few KB of usage, I kill the dungeon / leave team...bandwidth returns to normal across all applications.

Then did a test.

Started downloading a test file with the game client open.

While in PE or quest areas, the file was downloading at 1.5 K
    I Q up and enter a dungeon, download immediately dropped to 100KBps

Can someone else test this and share findings please ?

Have any of you received this message when asking for help on disconnecting issues?
    Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Unfortunately, we have provided all the necessary troubleshooting steps on how to resolve the issue. We have exhausted all possible resources and we still couldn't fix the disconnection issue so we would like to ask you to kindly wait for the next patch and try to check if that would fix the issue.

In the meantime, we would highly suggest to kindly try our other games. We would like to assure you that you'll find them as exciting and enjoyable as Neverwinter; kindly refer on the link below.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

Regards,
    Ichirou
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
    http://support.arcgames.com/
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Have any of you received this message when asking for help on disconnecting issues?
    Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Unfortunately, we have provided all the necessary troubleshooting steps on how to resolve the issue. We have exhausted all possible resources and we still couldn't fix the disconnection issue so we would like to ask you to kindly wait for the next patch and try to check if that would fix the issue.

In the meantime, we would highly suggest to kindly try our other games. We would like to assure you that you'll find them as exciting and enjoyable as Neverwinter; kindly refer on the link below.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

Regards,
    Ichirou
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
    http://support.arcgames.com/
    no comment a second time.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This thread might be closed. I don't think you are allowed to post replies from support tickets here. . . just sayin' . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    This thread might be closed. I don't think you are allowed to post replies from support tickets here. . . just sayin' . . .

Considering the reply was sorry, we can't fix the problem or can't be arsed to try, go play another game that is less borked, I am not surprised these aren't allowed for reprint.
  • Options
    callmetoticallmetoti Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    unplayable coz of lag/rubberbanding + unplayable character coz of power/feats/boons not being able to commit.. the game is starting to not being fun anymore...
    what else can you ask...?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    This is far from sufficient info to troubleshoot anything. For example, if you downloaded the file to the same hard drive as NW is installed on, the decrease in download speed may also be caused by a hard drive too busy to load game data to accept downloads at high speeds. Then there's the route that test file took to get to you. If both the download and NW are running through certain Cogent routers for example, your test is useless before you could read the download speed.

Did you also monitor your network data transfer rate in the task manager? That alone would give much more information than what you posted.

I'm running NW from an SSD and my downloads always go to another hard drive.

My data transfer skyrocketed when I started loading in a dungeon instance and remained flooded till I left..

As I said in my initial post, entering a dungeon seemed to siphon all my bandwidth into the NW client.

I ran the download and re-entered a dungeon to confirm what I saw in real time (netstats and download windows on a 2nd monitor) and saw the Download kbps plummet as soon as I started loading the dungeon instance.

Leaving the instance returned the download speed to normal.

It's kinda obvious...

Unfortunately today's schedule kinda kept me from returning home so I'll have to test things when I'm back on my rig tomorrow :(