test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New assets

reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Foundry
when will we get the new module 6 assets?
there are several new stuff around the new maps. Also, new sky backgrounds and other stuff that would really give us more variety when building our quests.
If the devs don't plan on doing anything for the foundry, the least they could do is to keep it updated.
Also we STILL don't have the HR/OP/SW armor for costume creation!
2e2qwj6.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kithliskithlis Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah I was just wondering this the other day as I was fighting some of the new elemental enemies (Cloud Giants and other cool things).
  • gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I want this...

P7R9bPt.jpg
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    If the devs don't plan on doing anything for the foundry, the least they could do is to keep it updated.!
    Keeping it updated would be doing something for the Foundry. ;)
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I meant something different for the foundry, like bettering rewards, or giving us bosses, or timers, or non linear quests, or bigger maps, etc...
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I meant something different for the foundry, like bettering rewards, or giving us bosses, or timers, or non linear quests, or bigger maps, etc...

Foundry needs a whole mod dedicated to it.

- Give players an incentive to play foundry missions. (worthy, usable, rewards for playing unplayed ones)

- New assets from all the recent mods (including stuff that was left out)
    - New catalog for detail assets (things are a mess. hire an OCD coder to rename and sort everything. searchable by tags?)

- Floors. Roads. Big basic tiles for building things. Give us lego blocks and we will build things.

- More sound FX (this stuff is public domain, should be easy to acquire)

and yknow. Eldarth's master list ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
    edited May 2015
    a whole mod dedicated to the foundry?
    I really doubt it would ever happen, but we can always dream <3
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A foundry campaign with boons? That will be interesting.

Isn't a pvp campaign? why not a foundry campaign for our characters.
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, I can't understand why "existing" assets that are already in the game can't be just basically dumped into the foundry. It's got to be a pretty simple database update.

Just dumping a bunch of new (existing) assets would keep foundry authors at least content for several months.
    It's not like they have to worry about spelling or dimensional measurements or selector placement -- existing assets prove that.
    edited May 2015
    A foundry campaign with boons? That will be interesting.

Isn't a pvp campaign? why not a foundry campaign for our characters.

They could easily take the journal achievements (Get 25,000 Stars on all your Foundrys) and turn them into Campaign goals. The rewards could be fleshed out and displayed as an incentive to get people writing. ;D

Also I like the idea of an overpowered 3-artifact set that only drops from (15minute minimum)Foundry chests. It will get EVERYONE playing the foundry. ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    Thanks for all the fish.
    edited May 2015
    we could get boons and/or items that only work in the foundry itself, just like the pvp campaign. So for completionists there is interest, and it doesn't risk to unbalance the rest of the game.
    That being said we would also need a reason to keep playing the foundry once we've finished said campaign.
    But that's for another topic, for now I just want them to actually add the new assets that we got with module 6 to the foundry, that's all.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited May 2015
    REALLYREALLYREALLY REALLY hoping that mod7 - Strongholds is the foundry update we've been waiting for. =D
    Thanks for all the fish.
    edited May 2015
    I'd love to feel as optimistic as you, dave XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    As far as the Star Trek Online devs told us the Foundry was developed for NWO. Yet they update the foundry regularly with new items and encounters as they release new expansions to the game. It's time NWO got the same treatment. I'd be happy if the sounds and items, costumes and encounters/npcs already available in the game was usable in the foundry. I would be exited if they included the C-store items. They could limit the access to those items to the stuff that the author have bout themselves in the game. So if I bought the wedding clothes I would be able to use it in my foundry quests as well. We also need to option to have barefoot npcs and regular clothes that aren't armor for peasants and city folk.

As for rewards, it should be in some way be tied in to how long and complex a quest is. One that is kill 1000 orcs in 15 minutes should not reward as much as someone actually making a quest with dialogue and story that lasts over 30 or even 60 minutes. Completing a campaign should should give a bonus of the same kind. The more and more real content they have the better the rewards should be.
    Post edited by mattachine on