test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF Mod6 Def or Def-Hybrid Build

gleichgewichtnwgleichgewichtnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Guard Barracks
Ok, lets ask here in the class forum. Do you have any build for defensive GF?

As far as I know since release Def GF was and is dead. In Mod 6 you can play a good Off GF, with some tacticiaon skills.

But am I right, that the pure devensive Tank is useless?
Post edited by gleichgewichtnw on

Comments

• gfalconiogfalconio Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I no think is useless but if you hope do facetank roll actually you cant do it on T2.
    PVP GF Sword Master Dominion Champion :3
  • benistvanbenistvan Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    For T1 tactician Sm is enough.
    Recent T2 is very hard though. I don't know if you can do it w/o the Protector defense buffs.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think the OP means, if some one can tell him the difference and if the Off tank ( DPS) is a good option to make all dungeons ( T1 + T2).
    I dont play a GF, but im very interested.

• ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In my humble opinion any build other than conq is useless now. Unfortunatelly.
    I was playing protector for a long time, and when mod 6 came up I wanted to do the same. Thought, that regen will help me survive. Nop.

In pve no matter how much defence or deflect you have - mobs will one hit you. Good DC + CW's are needed, and GF became more or less buff bot for KV/Itf. In pvp this build won't survive long, cause no regen in pvp. Every single class will bring you down soon or later, you cant do anything - just watching how your "insane" hp pool going down.
    Most of defensive features of tank play negation enchant.
    For tactician, DC bug still exist, so AP gain capstone is not needed anymore.

Kill or be killed. Time for conq.

Just an opinion.
    Leti
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• gleichgewichtnwgleichgewichtnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What ryoshinette says.

I mean, that the Protector or Protector/Hybrid is useless. He can't tank. Try king malabog as pure Def-Protector. The attack, when he hits you three times. And this is just T1, in T2 even the little archers will kill you.

That is my expirience as player since alpha. But I still hope, that this is just my wothless ****-experience and someone has a good def build for me, that can survive in pve.