test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

70!! ... what just happened?

areeeareee Member Posts: 73 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PvE Discussion
I'm a Tankadin with Recovery as my main. 53.1% in town at 69. 46.(something) when on 70 maps.
I hit 70. 26.1%

Every other % the same. What did they break and who's neck do I need to strangle to make them fix this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• areeeareee Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's stupid.

Edit: Just did my first 1600 Dungeon.

I have 78k Hp,50% Damage reduction through armor and aura.

First thing that happens. 80k one shots me, not even a boss.

I'm done.
  • alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited April 2015
    no **** ! ok il say my damage reduces buffs/stat : 53% damage reduce from defense ( 12800) 10% dmg resist from paragon ( oathbound tank) 10% dmg resist from aura and i get hit from random trash betwen 40k and 100k NON CRIT, when i get crit i take like 120-140k dmg and lostmauth eye laser hits me for 200k dmg when im in sanctuary aka another 60% dmg reduce ? so after dealing with all this **** i realized defense is glitched and many buffs and debuffs that reduce dmg of boss are not working
  • alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited April 2015
    so my qustion is : why should i add crazy defense if it doesnt help me at all ? ok i get it some ppl say add hp nub, again a similar question : why should add hp if mobs and bosses hit almost 300k dmg ? Epic cragmire is nearly impossible if you dont have crazy reflexed and prob over 3 item level re-adjust the **** item level requirments to 3000 + and make new easier dungeons
    P.S my tank has 122k hp is way to low u need 300k hp to be a tank or more
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've given up my guardian fighter at level 66 when I noticed my dr went down at an alarming rate. Takes the fun out of leveling, especially with a class that is supposed to take a lot of punishment...
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    so my qustion is : why should i add crazy defense if it doesnt help me at all ? ok i get it some ppl say add hp nub, again a similar question : why should add hp if mobs and bosses hit almost 300k dmg ? Epic cragmire is nearly impossible if you dont have crazy reflexed and prob over 3 item level re-adjust the **** item level requirments to 3000 + and make new easier dungeons
    P.S my tank has 122k hp is way to low u need 300k hp to be a tank or more

Mate, the above 3k item level people are humans also, they do it with tons of exploits too, so essentially everybody running around in T2 gear, except those who made it with BI, are a bunch of exploiters.

I got kicked only today about 30 times from dungeons, until i had to give up and logged off. My class can't do the exploited stuff and even if i could, i wouldn't, not my style.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    areee wrote: »
    It's stupid.

I'm done.

I pretty much quit playing campaigns after dreadring just because the grind was sooo boring. Now basically its completely impossible, getting owned by trash mob prowries.

Now basically my character list is a collection of my REAL D&D characters, that I can appreciate just for that, and crafting. Much more fun that the bullet in the head the game has become.

If they make the game playable again, I might reconsider.
  • cornflakes2014cornflakes2014 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm a Tankadin with Recovery as my main. 53.1% in town at 69. 46.(something) when on 70 maps.
    I hit 70. 26.1%

Every other % the same. What did they break and who's neck do I need to strangle to make them fix this?

When I read this, I have to wonder if the current lv70 difficulty is a result of a bug rather than intended.

I understand they want to make the same stats become weaker at higher level, but that doesn't explain why his same stats would give 46% when leveled up to 70 and becomes 26% when he finally hits lvl 70 for real. I think 46% is what it should be at lvl 70, but a bug caused it to become 26% instead.

Unfortunately, I'm already lvl 70 and never paid attention to my stats as I leveled up and can't confirm the OP's results. But if he's right, then it does sound like a bug is causing the problems people are complaining about.
    edited April 2015
    Yeah but in his case, he said it went from 53% at lv 69 to 46% when up-leveled to lv70. So you would expect him to be 46% when he actually reaches lv70, not 26%. Something doesn't seem right here.
    edited April 2015
    jimmyhar wrote: »
    So after you level up you are *less* powerful against the exact same mobs that you were killing just before you levelled up.

I understand this part. But I think people are missing what the OP was trying to say.

He's saying that :
    - at lv 69 he had 53%.
    - at lv 69 but up-leveled to lv70 he had 46%

So he did become less powerful when up-leveled to lvl 70. Namely the same stat is only 46% at lv 70, down from 53% at lv 69.

So when he actually reaches lv70, you would expect him to be at 46%. But he's reporting 26% instead. This is the thing he's pointing out.
  • nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm a Tankadin

lol Tankadin.
    What's the word for the healer version?
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nazghul22 wrote: »
    lol Tankadin.

Healadin. /10char
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Pretty much all classes are the same now, just different ablilites.

#1 offense stat.. arp to around 40% (be careful of overstacking for pve, 40% is enough for everything besides tiamat, which cant be done anyways) Keep a few more DARKS around , unslot power when needed, then reslot for everything else)
    #1 defense stat.. Hit points as close to 100k for dps 150 for tankies.

all other stats suck redcap brownies now, deflect is more important then defense, as apparently its all ignored , so better not to take a hit anyways.

lifesteal.. if you have feats boons that provide a few percentage points.. thats way more important then trying to stack this to the detriment of arp.

Dont rely on it anymore.. all classes have heal restores, all classes can stack a healer if needed (battlefield medic, alchemist, angel, preiestess of sune ect ect ect.. grab one of these for those few instances you need one) ALL work to restore hp after battles as well, you wont need to suck pots much.

At 70.. i dont find, AT all.. regular pve solo stuff all that hard in all honesty, even with stat curves in place.
  • jonnybggjonnybgg Member Posts: 51
    edited April 2015
    nazghul22 wrote: »
    lol Tankadin.
    Healadin. /10char

zy1Latn.jpg
  • mcmetal1mcmetal1 Member Posts: 63
    edited April 2015
    This is a perfect example of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>$ backwards where level 60 is stronger than level 70.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015
  • molanymolany Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I do not want to cross anyone here, but just my 2 cents...

I believe you can read this better like this:

if (assume) 5300 defense = 53% when compared with the ideal 100% @ level 69
    then (same assumed) 5300 defense = 46% when compared with the ideal 100% @ level 70

The way this computes is that it compares your current numbers with a curve that simply states that for 100% you should have x @ this level and x+something at next level and so on. And is your job to add stats trough gear, boons etc.

Also remember the defense absorb is capped at 20% and no matter what you use it will still get pierced by certain skills.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jonnybgg wrote: »
    zy1Latn.jpg

LOL agreed. I have been playing around on my cleric....errrr OP and its heals are far superior to those of DC. Vow of enmity, bond of virtue and smite/bane make for an awesome healer combo in dungeons.
  • onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That's because you are not updated to the new gear you get at lvl 70. It's like keeping your lvl 1 gear and wonder why you stats suck at lvl 60.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Why is your hp so low? I am a 1.9k ilvl TR and I have 76k hp, 72% dr...
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's stupid.

I'm done.

golem ....avoid red zones
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • syrickwolfsyrickwolf Member Posts: 102
    edited April 2015
    golem ....avoid red zones
    what about the little spiders in tos that hit for 119k each hit?
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    because they are plain stupid
    they just kill the game with mod 6