test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

16 Quests and repeat!!! and repeat!!! and repeat!!!

chadblodgettchadblodgett Member Posts: 49 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but this new expansion "content" is just downright mindbogglingly BORING!

Seriously, Do 16 quests (of which you can only take 4 at a time) and then do them all over again....over and over and over again....for 4 solid adventure zones, and 10 adventure levels. It gets old after the first or second time you have to repeat them and you have to do this through 4 zones!!!!!

Come on Cryptic I know you guys can do better than that. Look at STO, you guys did great with the content expansion there with Delta Rising, lots of different quests to do, and not so much rinse and repeat. Where was that when i comes to this game?????
Post edited by chadblodgett on

Comments

• Options
    tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just wait till u reach lvl70 just to find out they didnt plan any kind of end-game content, so those 16 quest on each zone is all u have to do on PVE. In case u didnt notice they didnt even added a campaign, so once u reach lvl70 all u can do is wait till Mod7.
  • Options
    methecsgodmethecsgod Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It takes 1 day to level to 70. Enjoy your 16 quests, because once you're done it's back to refining.
  • Options
    thewolfisloosethewolfisloose Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tomiotar wrote: »
    Just wait till u reach lvl70 just to find out they didnt plan any kind of end-game content.

^ This-ish. I mean they kicked up some dungeons to 11 but I don't have enough time to invest in that. Old campaigns are completed...so I'm at 70 and just helping random people clear Spinward for mainhands.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ^ This-ish. I mean they kicked up some dungeons to 11 but I don't have enough time to invest in that. Old campaigns are completed...so I'm at 70 and just helping random people clear Spinward for mainhands.

In M5 I logged in to pray and play some PvP matches to complete dailies because I had gear, pet, completed campaigns etc. In M6 I leveled my char up to 70, instantly bought everything I need and now I only log in to pray and play some PvP matches to complete dailies because I have gear, pet, mount, completed campaigns etc. It took me less then a week to "enjoy" new content. Absolute record of **** module.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tomiotar wrote: »
    Just wait till u reach lvl70 just to find out they didnt plan any kind of end-game content, so those 16 quest on each zone is all u have to do on PVE. In case u didnt notice they didnt even added a campaign, so once u reach lvl70 all u can do is wait till Mod7.

Oh, my plan for that is to take my alts through those 16 * X quests... :^D
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but this new expansion "content" is just downright mindbogglingly BORING!

Seriously, Do 16 quests (of which you can only take 4 at a time) and then do them all over again....over and over and over again....for 4 solid adventure zones, and 10 adventure levels. It gets old after the first or second time you have to repeat them and you have to do this through 4 zones!!!!!

Come on Cryptic I know you guys can do better than that. Look at STO, you guys did great with the content expansion there with Delta Rising, lots of different quests to do, and not so much rinse and repeat. Where was that when i comes to this game?????

There are multiple quests in each zone. Over 10 I think. I don't think I did more than twice for any quest. You don't have to pick the first quest in the list. I checked them one by one and not do that one I did already (unless I want to do that).

May be I am moving slower than "normal". My GWF is already level 67 and he has just finished the first area of the 3rd zone (the pit).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    .. In M6 I leveled my char up to 70, instantly bought everything I need and now I only log in to pray and play some PvP matches to complete dailies because I have gear, pet, mount, completed campaigns etc. It took me less then a week to "enjoy" new content. Absolute record of **** module.

So you bought everything rather than run dungeons and slowly gear up, and now you're complaining that there's nothing to do? Hmmm. You probably slotted azures in your utility slots so you could hit 70 faster, and run out of things to do even faster, eh?

Well, it sounds like you might be primarily a pvp player, in which case you pre-farmed your pvp currency. Again, a choice of your making.
  • Options
    rock9000rock9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've reach 70 yesterday and i feel that i'll never be able to kill more than a couple of mobs in the same time, even in heroic fights i must watch for my self.

I'm a DC Anointed Champ, from level 63-70 zone I DO Vigilance Quests (anything else here? NOPE) 5 here 11 there 4 here,
    and this also cos i hit 60 a week ago
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So you bought everything rather than run dungeons and slowly gear up, and now you're complaining that there's nothing to do? Hmmm. You probably slotted azures in your utility slots so you could hit 70 faster, and run out of things to do even faster, eh?

Well, it sounds like you might be primarily a pvp player, in which case you pre-farmed your pvp currency. Again, a choice of your making.

So you suggest me to keep millions of AD not spent just to gimp myself? This advice is on par with "get naked if you want a challenge". I slotted everything to lvl faster because it was THE WORST EXPERIENCE IN ANY MMO I'VE EVER PLAYED. And now, at lvl 70, I just bought everything because there is no way to farm pants and shirt, 2 slot jewelry and RP items as long as dragon hoards stop working after a few minutes.

This game gives zero rewards for your efforts. If you wanna be rewarded - spend money. I have everything I need, anything better then I have now costs hundreds of millions which I cannot afford or don't even want to strive my goal for as it takes years to achieve. So I sit with all I have and do PvP, because all the content remained the same since M5.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm gonna be lvl 70 today on my main. It took me a long tine, I know, but I hate the "new content". But the thing is I haven't even done the DS. 48 boring quest was too much for me, so I just did anything else there was - Dread Ring, Sharandar and Tyranny of the Dragons. Now I can't do Dread Ring and Sharandar because of the "wonderful" drop in stats, so I'll probably finish DS and do a bit of Tyranny of the Dragons quests to reach level cap again.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I never made it past the first set of quests .After having to do those first 3 quests with the Idiot NPC ,which took me 3 days to finish because I couldn't stand him.He was a prime example of why I prefer to play alone.I went back to PE and figure I'll level just doing leadership and invocation .I'm not in any big hurry anyways . Anyways off to play a different game and spend my cash on.
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    16 Quests and repeat!!! and repeat!!! and repeat!!!

...you forgot to rinse between repeats.

Also the zones themselves are only rinse, repaint, repeat (Apart from Spiward Rise, and that at least is some sweet eye candy). Even the monsters are rinse, repaint, repeat. Oh, the lairs and side mission dungeans are rinse, repaint, repeat, too.

Now what's good for Cryptic should be good enough for you, too, no?

On the bright side: No. Even without XP boosts, three zones are normally sufficient. When you ding the 67 you can go to Spinward rise, the reds there are Lvl 68, so no "2-Lvl-delta"-cliff. And for the rewards you only have to finish the last quest there (ArtiWeapon) and reach lvl 70 (ArtiOffHand). You can even get the first levels in other Lvl 5x areas like Rothé Valley, Hotenow, or Whispercaves - if you didn't do those on that char before that even does the trick as well faster as with higher entertainment value, and without constant thunder rumble grating on your nerves...

I havent tried Fiery Pit yet, but RecRock was even more tedious and much worse than drowned Shore. Meh. "Kill 20 of X" - where 5 X are on the map at any given time.

Have fun grinding the RP to unlock the ArtiGear's second enchantment slot again, but this is probably better done in one of the campaign zones - seems more high quality enchanting stuff to find there.