test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Positive suggestions to improve the 60-70 game...

bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Here are a few, hopefully positive, suggestions, on how the devs can improve the feel and flow of the 60-70 game:

1. Add a "story mode" modifier to each of the new zones, which adds an increasing XP multiplier or bonus, for each non-repeating vigilance quest you take & accomplish, such that doing each unique quest in the zone basically gets you to the level cap of that zone. Players could still opt to simply repeat whatever quests they want instead, but will not receive the XP bonus.

2. Remove the limit of 4 vigilance quests, and just allow us to take as many as we want.

3. Make the vigilance quests give XP the matches the previous quest XP progression observed in the previous 1-60 game.

4. Make Sharandar a 60-65 zones, (60-62 for Blighted Grove, 62-64 for Dark Fey Enclave, and 64-65 for Malabog's Realm), Dread Ring a 65-66 zone, and Icewind Dale 66-70, (66-68 for Icewind Pass & 68-70 for Dwarven Valley). This would provide an alternate leveling path for those not wanting to do the Elemental Evil stuff.

5. Re-add all the earlier dungeons, break them into 5 tiers, (60-63, 62-65, 64-67, 66-69, 68-70), populate them with enemies that grow in level from the minimum to the maximum of each range, the deeper you get into each one, and offer daily quests for each, (which gives good XP).

6. Since most people reach 60 before getting into the Mind Flayer section of the Underdark, how about making that section 60-61 content, so people can get a head start on the new content that way.

If you have any other *positive* ideas for improving the 60-70 progression, please contribute below!
<::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All of these are spot on, couldn't have said it better myself!
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would suggest reversing some of the changes done to leadership as well. Lower the time on Destroy Enemy Camp back to 12 hours. There was one changes from 12 to 14 hours, a rare leadership mission, change that back to 12 hours as well. Flat out lowering all the experience needed to advance your professions might not be a bad thing either. And for God sakes, whatever is causing the lag in the new zones, fix it.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ogarious wrote: »
    I would suggest reversing some of the changes done to leadership as well. Lower the time on Destroy Enemy Camp back to 12 hours. There was one changes from 12 to 14 hours, a rare leadership mission, change that back to 12 hours as well. Flat out lowering all the experience needed to advance your professions might not be a bad thing either. And for God sakes, whatever is causing the lag in the new zones, fix it.

Maybe also add character XP to the other profession tasks, to encourage running them as a way to level up, (or at least supplement your character's progression).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    7) Introduce a chance for newer players to gather better-than-green up-to-par gear with the appropriate sockets.
    edited April 2015
    7) Introduce a chance for newer players to gather better-than-green up-to-par gear with the appropriate sockets.

Perhaps they could bring back the Unicorn or Drake seals, have vigilance quests gives some of those, and offer blue gear, (including weapons and armor that have weapon/armor enchantment slots).
  • s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Here are a few, hopefully positive, suggestions, on how the devs can improve the feel and flow of the 60-70 game:

1. Add a "story mode" modifier to each of the new zones, which adds an increasing XP multiplier or bonus, for each non-repeating vigilance quest you take & accomplish, such that doing each unique quest in the zone basically gets you to the level cap of that zone. Players could still opt to simply repeat whatever quests they want instead, but will not receive the XP bonus.

2. Remove the limit of 4 vigilance quests, and just allow us to take as many as we want.

3. Make the vigilance quests give XP the matches the previous quest XP progression observed in the previous 1-60 game.

4. Make Sharandar a 60-65 zones, (60-62 for Blighted Grove, 62-64 for Dark Fey Enclave, and 64-65 for Malabog's Realm), Dread Ring a 65-66 zone, and Icewind Dale 66-70, (66-68 for Icewind Pass & 68-70 for Dwarven Valley). This would provide an alternate leveling path for those not wanting to do the Elemental Evil stuff.

5. Re-add all the earlier dungeons, break them into 5 tiers, (60-63, 62-65, 64-67, 66-69, 68-70), populate them with enemies that grow in level from the minimum to the maximum of each range, the deeper you get into each one, and offer daily quests for each, (which gives good XP).

6. Since most people reach 60 before getting into the Mind Flayer section of the Underdark, how about making that section 60-61 content, so people can get a head start on the new content that way.

If you have any other *positive* ideas for improving the 60-70 progression, please contribute below!

I really like the idea of moving forward from the debacle that the game is in now. There really isnt much use to whining and complaining about how bad it is. The one thing I feel that really needs to be done at this point tho, is for the Cryptic team to acknowledge there are lots of things to work on - and that they are committing to bringing NWO back up to the level it was at pre-mod5 (that level being fun, entertaining and "manageable" for players) (manageable means being able to actually do a level 70 dungeon at level 70 without being an uber zen/time spender)

However, I really feel that the Dev's didnt finish their vision for where they wanted Neverwinter to go next. Either Elemental Evil was forced on them and they never bought in or the work was simply not quite finished to where they wanted it in the time allowed. I say that mostly for lack of linearity, lack of creativity in overall design and in the minor details. Quests like "Riptide Molly" where you kill a sea hag simply because it has a name. Who IS Riptide Molly? Why is she special to be marked for death? The depth of story for her is nowhere near as complete as Linkletter or Wilfred. The fight with the leaders of each Elemental faction are incredibly anti-climactic. The actual dungeons for the "nodes" are hardly representative of each element. To make a long rant short, there's a LOT of room for improvement and I think we should give the Dev's a chance to more fully develop their vision for the future of NWO.

To be quite honest, I think the best thing the players can do is sit on their hands and resist the urge to set their expectations higher than the dev's could possibly manage. I keep hearing "4/23" and every time I do, I cringe, because it's always a different issue, and there's no possible way the dev's can tackle everything in one patch.
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • lastwolf25lastwolf25 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Another thing that should be added is more balance in the damage the mobs deal, since must of us who JUST HIT LV 70 cause just started to play the game and have mostly green/blue gear, can barelly scratch a dent in mobs around sharandar, IWD, WoD and sometimes not even in spinward rise or do anything but grind and pray to do something at all, to get end game gear, and so far after readying over 100 posts here in forums are just saying get the ToD eternal set, get the pvp epic sets, how can anyone get those sets if most people doing WoD missions are elitist snobs that look down everyone not having at least 3 epic gear items equipped ( at least those I had found so far, still hoping that's not the major player base around here, for people like that I'd already left more than 50 MMO's) it's almost like DDo where you are forced to pay to advance beyond lvl 8 and over there it takes 3 times as much time as it takes here to reach lvl 60
    edited April 2015
    lastwolf25 wrote: »
    Another thing that should be added is more balance in the damage the mobs deal, since must of us who JUST HIT LV 70 cause just started to play the game and have mostly green/blue gear, can barelly scratch a dent in mobs around sharandar, IWD, WoD and sometimes not even in spinward rise or do anything but grind and pray to do something at all, to get end game gear, and so far after readying over 100 posts here in forums are just saying get the ToD eternal set, get the pvp epic sets, how can anyone get those sets if most people doing WoD missions are elitist snobs that look down everyone not having at least 3 epic gear items equipped ( at least those I had found so far, still hoping that's not the major player base around here, for people like that I'd already left more than 50 MMO's) it's almost like DDo where you are forced to pay to advance beyond lvl 8 and over there it takes 3 times as much time as it takes here to reach lvl 60

There is a huge difference in stat points and damage between level 60 and 61+ gear. The campaigns, as they stand now, should *not* be attempted by anyone who is not very close to level 70. If you jump into one of these with your Mod 5 character, even if they have a set and all epic gear, you will be unpleasantly surprised. The reason for my suggestions was to improve the 60-70 leveling process, (which IMO, is extremely tedious right now).
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There is a huge difference in stat points and damage between level 60 and 61+ gear. The campaigns, as they stand now, should *not* be attempted by anyone who is not very close to level 70. If you jump into one of these with your Mod 5 character, even if they have a set and all epic gear, you will be unpleasantly surprised. The reason for my suggestions was to improve the 60-70 leveling process, (which IMO, is extremely tedious right now).

I'm only currently leveling my main(level 63) through questing, currently in Hotenow getting 4k xp a quest, but had reach level 60 in Vellosk 2.8-3k xp a quest. So a brand new player, doing leadership, foundry, pvp, invoking and quest should be around lvl 65-66 by the time they are done with the main storyline and move on to Sharandar.

What bugs me is when we asked pre mod 6 why was Sharandar and DR Quest giving xp, we were told for future level cap increase, but now, we should not attempt them anymore unless we already reach the new level cap. It does feel like there is no long term plan for the game and they make it up as they go along.
  • lastwolf25lastwolf25 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Already lvl 70 when I decided to re-enter sharandar, replaced my BLUE lvl 60 gear for green/blue 61+ gear and changed it as I was getting better gear, total iLvl with new MH and OH art weapons and full lvl 70 blue gear all ofthem with rank 5 enchants is 1510, so I can't even visit the T1 lvl 70 dungeons to try and see if I can start getting some better gear

P.S. All the blue gear I got was from grinding over and over again the 3-man team dungeons I can visit so far
  • cryshalcryshal Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Maybe this is the best thread to state my disappointment with the new Neverwinter. I solo, prefer solo, for personal reasons. You have to pay to win now. Level 60 sure isn't what it used to be. I have mostly purple gear and have sunk dollars into NW, but I die die die. So I shall be leaving NW behind again, still trying to find a game I can enjoy.

Maybe it's just that rangers suck now, like it most games.