test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Oathbound Paladin --- Half-Elf

elmin77elmin77 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
"Dilettante" Half-Elf racial trait doesn't work on Oathbound Paladin

It doesn't grant +1 to a non-class Ability Score.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• elmin77elmin77 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    I thought that trait was broken previously for all classes...

now it works for everything but the OP
  • ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    elmin77 wrote: »
    "Dilettante" Half-Elf racial trait doesn't work on Oathbound Paladin

It doesn't grant +1 to a non-class Ability Score.
    This has been reported at the beginning of february, two months before module 6 went live:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?838841-Official-Feedback-Thread-Oathbound-Paladin&p=10037341#post10037341

Bugs used to exist mainly because they were not discovered since software can be very complex. But in Neverwinter there is now unfortunately a whole zoo of bugs that have been discovered and reported, but just don't get addressed. I assume this is because it is economically disadvantageous, and I only see fixing bugs becoming attractive for Cryptic if we the players express ourselves towards Cryptic/PWE by changing our payment behaviour. Let's not just immediately buy the next shiny item, but instead check first wether it is working as the tooltip or description says.
  • mingchu#3657 mingchu Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited October 2015
    If this bug's just intentionally left there to push ppl to use Dragonborn, I'd say I'm way too disappointed about the company's operating strategy. You can only expect that much for a special race like that, and to make the existing races even more unbalanced can only please certain amount people enjoy playing Dragonborn, yet would disappoint everyone else playing other races even those who bought moon-elf. This "secret deal" being left there will not significantly increase Dragonborn Pack sale but would bring even more further problems.

Honestly I am just into Half-elf race amount all D&D games and had been playing a non-investing Ranger character before. I thought I would like to start a new Paladin account with extra bank slots and wards but guess I'd just halt and stop playing for a while until they fix this problem or at the very least make an offical explaination