test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tome of Air Quest :)

vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
[Feedback]

I really, really like the Tome of Air Quest at Spinward Rise. At first the map shows you where the Tome is, but it's up high in the floating island thingy, so I was confused. The sparkly trail shows you to the top of a wooden tower where you jump from these sparkly things.

Aside from the sparkly trail, it doesn't hold your hand in order to do the quest, and after a few aborted attempts at jumping to the next island, I soon got the hang of it.

Flying through the map is awesome!

Can you please, please make it possible to jump all around the Spinward Rise map like this? :)
Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Uhh... it has a mandatory jumping puzzle?

ohcrap
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Uhh... it has a mandatory jumping puzzle?
    It's only mandatory if you want to reach the first two scrying stones. You can do other vigilance quests to progress.

The jumping is fun. I only ever had trouble with one of jumps in the second jumping quest. No trouble in the first or third quests.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I might be ok as long as I don't ever tackle it when I'm tired. When I get tired I miss jumps I can do just fine the rest of the time.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    rycowindstormrycowindstorm Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I know you guys have already explained this in words but I thought a quick video guide would be helpful.

Tome of Air Quest Guide

*Sorry I just realized I said enter key and I should have said your jump key which is normally the space bar on PC (apologies for any confusion).

Ryco

http://www.twitch.tv/rycowindstorm
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It is actually a quest that requires a bit of thinking and a lot of trials/errors to finish it, which is rare in MMOs.

Hopefully, they will add more of this type of quests in the future. More mechanics less killing!
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    sudpsudp Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    Really enjoy this kind of quest however the visual clues (quest progression gateway or anything on top floor) weren't visible when I was there so I actually didn't even consider this tower could be part of the quest. Instead I went to the tower nearer the quest marker on the map and was trying to jump onto what looked like a catapult lever protruding from the Cult Roost :P Eventually some advice popped up in the zone chat about the quest and was lead to the correct tower by a fellow player so unfortunately I wasn't able to figure it out myself. I could hear a sound effect but no visual clues. :(
  • Options
    jaydenomega812jaydenomega812 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    vordayn wrote: »
    [Feedback]

I really, really like the Tome of Air Quest at Spinward Rise. At first the map shows you where the Tome is, but it's up high in the floating island thingy, so I was confused. The sparkly trail shows you to the top of a wooden tower where you jump from these sparkly things.

Aside from the sparkly trail, it doesn't hold your hand in order to do the quest, and after a few aborted attempts at jumping to the next island, I soon got the hang of it.

Flying through the map is awesome!

Can you please, please make it possible to jump all around the Spinward Rise map like this? :)

I really liked this quest too. It is some easy exp which is kinda...hmmm....but, I agree floating thru the map high in the sky is just awesome fun. My cleric really enjoyed this quest since I built her for healing instead of attacking. Doing one vigilance task on her would take the whole hour until I could grab the tome quest again. -.- Still though the easy exp doesn't make up for the rest of the stuff imho, but that's other threads I've started.

Making encounters high up like that though would be silly cause all it would take to kill them would be to throw them down with something like bull charge, or frontline surge, sunburst, or repel. I can't name the other 'throw em aways' for the other classes but I'm sure they are they.
  • Options
    hughpuppies#4539 hughpuppies Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    How do you make your character jump through the air? I just keep landing on the ground. Which buttons on the keyboard do you hit?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User

How do you make your character jump through the air? I just keep landing on the ground. Which buttons on the keyboard do you hit?

It was long time ago. If I remember correctly, it is holding the space bar.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***