test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Professions tasks finishing waiting annoyance fixed?

iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PvE Discussion
Have professions finishing times been fixed ? I just did my leadership on all my alts over 4 accounts and every one of them had all completed instantly same as they used to , if this is a fix they left off the patch notes then good job cryptic xD
YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There's no reason for the delay.

Mods were saying this is an "intentional" delay (I don't believe that) - if it's true that a dev stated this then that dev was lying because such a delay does not hamper bots and scripts in the least. I'm happy it appears fixed just the same.

Though I am now in the hobbit of visiting Gateway first and rolling my d20 - so I now have a truckload of Companion Training Tomes - making bigbux in the AH right now. :)

They also removed the countdown timer when changing character - I just wish they'd fix it so it at least remains selected on the character you just exited from, rather than the previous character you had logged in before.

~Shrug~
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Mods were saying this is an "intentional" delay (I don't believe that) - if it's true that a dev stated this then that dev was lying because such a delay does not hamper bots and scripts in the least. I'm happy it appears fixed just the same.

I've never said such and even passed along complaints about this and rose a fuss myself about it. If another mod did mention such, it would have been as a personal assumption, not statement of fact.

In any case, yes it has been fixed.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Melodywhr said that, rest in pieces
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Its one of the few things Im glad for in mod 6.. it was so annoying. Now if they can figure a better way to invoke so it wouldnt be so annoying... =P

one foot forward, 3 yards back!
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It seems to be fixed. It is one of the things I would like to commend and say thanks for :)
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    I've never said such and even passed along complaints about this and rose a fuss myself about it. If another mod did mention such, it would have been as a personal assumption, not statement of fact.

In any case, yes it has been fixed.

It was another, not you, Zeb, and they said it was 'from the Dev's' - and described as "exploitation control" - according to that one's description. I never believed and that is a moot point now. :)

It's the same Mod that stated that "unbinding companion is not and never has been a planned-for feature" - (while the broken option still exited) which was the comment heard 'round the world that set me off on my shrill tooth-pulling with Cryptic back in Beta/initial launch days. Happy to say that Cryptic came through in a good-faith fix by drastically lowering prices of Companions since. LOL

I vote Zeb for President because he's been the most consistent and fair of all our Forum Lords from the very beginning to now!