test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FPS Everywhere is MUCH LOWER

tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello,

I just wanted to comment (I know it's a known issue with MOD6 with lower FPS) that FPS is lower for me EVERYWHERE not just the new areas.

The sticky says "new areas"... my experience shows a major degradation in all "player" areas.

It's not my system either as I have $6000 too much system for this game... it sucks to have a killer rig to play a game and then it's knocked down to $150 video card performance....

I hope you can get that fixed.

Thanks.
Post edited by tantrumusmaximus on

Comments

• ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yeah same, i have 7000$ too much suystem for this game too, i can play much higher graphic games with no problems but i admit nw has one of the worst fps rates ive seen in an mmo so far..

.. but the great dev team and combat system make me overlook that flaw, u should have thta attitude too my friend, dont let it get to u.

regards
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Guess the game's engine doesn't like up to date drivers or something. Still using a 2 year old driver for my card and have experienced no issues so far aside from the pre-rendering that mod 3 brought.
  • tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm playing triple mon res bezel corrected (6080x1080) and before I could rock 100+ FPS almost everywhere with my 3 980s but now the screens just stutter like crazy. Backed off the settings a ton, nothing seems to help.

Dont want to QQ too much as I'm sure it will get addressed.
  • geministrikegeministrike Member Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    ofnieslaf wrote: »
    yeah same, i have 7000$ too much suystem for this game too, i can play much higher graphic games with no problems but i admit nw has one of the worst fps rates ive seen in an mmo so far..

.. but the great dev team and combat system make me overlook that flaw, u should have thta attitude too my friend, dont let it get to u.

regards

Great Dev team? LMAO. ofni you are like an undercover forum moderator. All of your posts are defending how devs made this game and how it is improving. I'm looking at your comments and I see no negativity from you towards this game.
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015

regards

let me guess your getting paid to come here and spread positivity about mod6? it isnt working almost everyone hates it. and were not gonna stop hateing it jsut because false info backwards said so. XD
  • ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Great Dev team? LMAO. ofni you are like an undercover forum moderator. All of your posts are defending how devs made this game and how it is improving. I'm looking at your comments and I see no negativity from you towards this game.

yeah?

well put urself in our dear dev's skins for once... do u think they are motivated tof ix busg and improve the game if all they see is negatively in the forums? no... it will discourage them and make them depressed. this is y u need to have faith, iu need to give them positive vibes and have confidence in them. u guys dont see it but this game is really improving.. just awit.

regards
  • novynwnnovynwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited April 2015
    same here 10-13 fps in enclave for example running on 960... it was around 40 before. things get better in small areas / caves and it has nothing to do with new content. coding / optimisation i think...
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yeah?

well put urself in our dear dev's skins for once... do u think they are motivated tof ix busg and improve the game if all they see is negatively in the forums? no... it will discourage them and make them depressed. this is y u need to have faith, iu need to give them positive vibes and have confidence in them. u guys dont see it but this game is really improving.. just awit.

regards
    if you give a kid or dog or anything treats for doing bad things there going to continue to do bad things. punishment is the only way. in this case putting them down and not paying them any money.
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    While in other zones my fps is almost the same as before, in PE, when I'm close to that new big tree, I get very low fps. So, while that tree is not in my field of view, I get the same fps as in M5.

Now imagine this game with Unreal Engine which is free now :p
  • ololoevmanololoevman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Seems like a joke indeed. This is their own engine and they have released the console version but what is this? Their engine supports two CPU cores only? Seriously? It's year 2015 how I know. Two cores were sufficient in 2006. Where's multithreading? How it will works on consoles if they have a low CPU freq and based on multi-threading? Any opened location - here we go with 20FPS. My phenom x6 can't handle it. I have like 120fps somewhere indors but it's 15fps in Protector's Enclave because of ~30% CPU usage (two cores which are smeared over all cores). He is already runs at 4GHz with GTX770 (which btw is used less than on 50% too at 1080p). Should I overclock him up to 10GHz so it will be enough to handle this game because amount of cores here means nothing? Or will they fix this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>?

EDIT: Oh, nvm, I see - 20fps on XOne, thanks to youtube, seems like all coders which maded this engine were fired a long time ago.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I switched from a Radeon 4850 to GTX 750Ti and get worse performance... seriously?
This discussion has been closed.