What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MOD6: BiS Total Upgrade Supplies & Cost

2»

Comments

• qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    If you want to get one new toon to BiS in mod6 only with 24k daily ADs via refining you will need 20 years.

Better start now. . .

It only takes about 60 hours of grinding to finish the RP for a orange arty, but by your measure that would take 38 daily AD refinings to buy the peridots. In reality 60 hours isn't even all that much by mmo standards for a BIS. The problem with this game is not the time in the time sink it is the nature of the activity of the time sink. It is literally a solo extremely repetitive 60 hour grind to finish an arty in the fastest way possible. Uberness almost irrelevant. Social organization almost irrelevant. Difficulty of encounter also irrelevant. Strategy is irrelevant. Just show up in a zone run in circles and mash buttons waiting for RP drops and nothing will be more efficient than that.

My point is these complaints about AD cost, that only a handful of people actually pay, only distract from the real issue which is the design of the game.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    qutsemnie wrote: »
    It only takes about 60 hours of grinding to finish the RP for a orange arty, but by your measure that would take 38 daily AD refinings to buy the peridots. In reality 60 hours isn't even all that much by mmo standards for a BIS. The problem with this game is not the time in the time sink it is the nature of the activity of the time sink. It is literally a solo extremely repetitive 60 hour grind to finish an arty in the fastest way possible. Uberness almost irrelevant. Social organization almost irrelevant. Difficulty of encounter also irrelevant. Strategy is irrelevant. Just show up in a zone run in circles and mash buttons waiting for RP drops and nothing will be more efficient than that.

My point is these complaints about AD cost, that only a handful of people actually pay, only distract from the real issue which is the design of the game.

Maybe thats why I dont even try, Ive done 400 tiamat runs, but I cant spend 5 mins running around kill things solo, I find it super boring. I find RP super boring overall.

I simply
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Over 70% that 75,000,000 AD figure in original post for upgrading to the new BiS for Mod6 is really just 3 things:
    305 GMoPs, enchant/thaum type RPs (78 million points+), and preservation wards (1,100+).

The huge chunk of cost in GMoP and the pres ward price is hardcoded. Even though we can get a few pres wards from coffers, pres wards will be needed and burned like never before - noone is going to risk 5 GMoP for a 1 in 20 chance. And it is just a massive amount of refinement of the enchant/runestone/thaum type a player would need for new BiS. Massive, like over 4800 stacks of rank4 enchants without bonuses. At least enchant RP can prices should drift downward eventually with pve rank 5 drops and leadership RP.

Surprising is that the cost of RP of refining stones types actually is not so bad (in comparison!) since only need enough to get to level 60 again with 4 artifact equipments.

Ex0Zfif.png

Chart things with boxes around them are hardcoded price or can't be won as free drops. The 3 big things are just daunting.. am not expecting to get bis by mod7 but look at it this way - can get all the new gear, upgraded artifact equipment, upgraded weapon enchant, upgraded augment pet, new gemmed rings, better armor kits and gems, some mythic artifacts, and profession upgrades all for less than 30% that cost..
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zeusom wrote: »
    Chart things with boxes around them are hardcoded price or can't be won as free drops. The 3 big things are just daunting.. am not expecting to get bis by mod7 but look at it this way - can get all the new gear, upgraded artifact equipment, upgraded weapon enchant, upgraded augment pet, new gemmed rings, better armor kits and gems, some mythic artifacts, and profession upgrades all for less than 30% that cost..

Why would you expect to be BiS by Module 7?

Understand that this game's open beta (no more wipes) launched on April 25th, 2013. It was almost two years before enchantments, pets and artifacts saw additional levels added to them. And it seems like Cryptic is aiming to have new content out every 3-4 months.

So what I think is wrong here is not the cost, but the expectation of the players. I don't think Crypitc planned for anyone but the most hardest of hardcore (or biggest spenders) to have close to BiS by Module 7.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Look F2P doesnt have to be a pay to win, just look at Dota 2. It's different genre but it doesnt mean that such thing wouldnt work in MMO, since people care about good looking cosmetics in almost every game. Heck, even CS:GO have lot's of cosmetics.
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    right now i see no light at the end of the tunnel looks like we will never be able to finsh anything in mod 6 we really need more ways to get rp with all the new lv caps on enchants and artifacts i want to not have to continualy refing stuff and be able to log on relax and enjoy my self i do not care for the whole refining thing
  • chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Why would you expect to be BiS by Module 7?

So what I think is wrong here is not the cost, but the expectation of the players. I don't think Crypitc planned for anyone but the most hardest of hardcore (or biggest spenders) to have close to BiS by Module 7.

Well, there isn't much point in setting a goal that isn't realistic. I mean there are goals and stretch goals, but even stretch goals need to be realistic.

Considering they deprecated much of the artifact gear after 1 mod, the standard has been set. Artifact gear is only good for 1 or 2 modules and then they will replace it. So it should be realistic to max it out before the next release makes it all garbage.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    this would worry me a lot if I even intended to have BiS equipment, I'm glad I don't care :D
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    well seems like one would have to pick what to upgrade most and aim for that. Hopefully mod "7" won't indroduce a huge variety of new stuff making older stuff unusable because at this rate you got this overwhemling compulsion to try to get max level but depression about it because why does it matter it'll be "useless" or not as good as the new stuff coming in 3 months repeat. Which ends up people don't pay anymore and likely don't play either.

However 75m doesn't scream as i must have this now kinda ad figure, sure some people already have that sitting and waiting but for any casual, that's not happening in 3 months lol.
  • raistlinmajere00raistlinmajere00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    looks like it's time to say good bye to my gwf. welcome tr or op maybe...
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zeusom wrote: »
    TOTAL ESTIMATE UPGRADE BiS Mod5 -> BiS Mod6: 75,000,000 AD
    TOTAL ESTIMATE from scratch to BiS Mod6: 190,000,000 AD[/COLOR]
    (120,000,000 AD from scratch to BiS Mod5, see linked post)

ARTIFACT EQUIPMENT UPGRADES
    Refinement of 4x Artifact Equipments...........11,290,000 RP, 48 pres ward, 12 blue mark, 12 purple mark
    [Assume put L60 orange into new L70 to get 1,822,800 (40%) RP back. Strongly recommend to do during 2x RP]

11,289,000 RP in refinestones/gear............................5,600,000 AD

Was looking at refining gear and caught a major error where divided by 2 instead of x2: RP cost of refining artifact equipment to orange again from old orange should be 22.5million AD not 5.6million AD based on 100k stack of peridot (its more right now though).

Brings total for Mod6 closer to 95,000,000 AD from Mod5 best in slot and over 200million AD from scratch.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How much do you have in your calculation to get all level 70 artifact gear to max level?

Assuming you feed fully refined level 60 artifact gear to the level 70 ones, you will still need almost 3 million RP per. For the 4 of them, it will be 12 million RP or 24 million AD already.

Are you sure your calculation is correct?