test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Uses for Copper/Silver/Gold in Mod 6?

myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I have limited play time so don't play on the preview server. With that being said, has anyone who has spent some time on the preview server noticed if there are new/useful things that you can spend gold on?
SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I haven't noticed anything new but I reckon we're all going to be buying significantly more potions and injury kits than we do now so maybe gold will actually start mattering.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Hmm. Ok. I just thought that maybe the increase in gold spammers might be related to an increased need for gold in Mod 6. . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    For those now that play like "It's only a trap", then run right thru'm all....will be spending all of their gold on Injury Kits. At level 70 you have to buy new kits and potions that are more expensive. :eek:
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm just waiting for a housing expansion. Then I figure the most useful thing I can do with my gold is to make a giant money pool and swim in it. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    valwryn wrote: »
    For those now that play like "It's only a trap", then run right thru'm all....will be spending all of their gold on Injury Kits. At level 70 you have to buy new kits and potions that are more expensive. :eek:

That will be interesting - looks like there are more traps in Mod 6, eh?

sockmunkey wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for a housing expansion. Then I figure the most useful thing I can do with my gold is to make a giant money pool and swim in it. :D

Me, too! I want my own house/castle!

• Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Hmm. Ok. I just thought that maybe the increase in gold spammers might be related to an increased need for gold in Mod 6. . .

Nah, that's because they don't have to supervise their farmbots anymore, as their market there just seems to collapse...

sockmunkey wrote: »

Will you be Scrooge McSock or Scrooge McMunkey then???
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Scrooge McMunkey has a much better ring to it :P
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »

Umm, you know that even though everyone refers to them as "gold sellers", that's not what they sell. In Neverwinter's case, they usually advertise AD, perfect enchantments, coal wards and other expensive items.
  • Options
    bumfluffbobbumfluffbob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Umm, you know that even though everyone refers to them as "gold sellers", that's not what they sell. In Neverwinter's case, they usually advertise AD, perfect enchantments, coal wards and other expensive items.

To the contrary in fact, they appear to be willing to sell anything for gold. Dragon eggs and professions assets being favorites. You can be sure they want that gold for something....
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you want to produce those Unified Elements, then having some gold will be handy to buy things like quicksilver. A single Unified Element will need 20 quicksilver (costing 1 gold), and I am guessing that other high end profession items will need a lot of other resources as well.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The Lathander's set (Cloak, Belt & Artifact) makes you injury free, saving the cost of all those injury kits [even the free ones in the level 70 chest].
    valwryn wrote: »
  • Options
    theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yes there will be a ton of gold spent by melee classes on injury kits because right now all there is in the epic dungeons is PAIN!!!