test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Character Class will your first Level 70 be???

suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PvE Discussion
Hi, all

...just a simple nice-to-know thing I'd like to ask:

What character class do you plan to level up to 70 first?

Please vote for the class which you currently plan to take out first on that uphill road. If you care to tell us why, please do so below.

Poll is single vote, so, two-way or three-way fencesitters: decide or toss a coin, please.

"Can't decide / will have to see" is intended for those who either are new to this game, absolutely clueless, or undecided between way more classes.

My plan:

Devoted Cleric - healing seems to become highly relevant, as might debuffing, she's anyway my longterm main, and packs enough punch... ...and if a) and b) turn out as correct, she'll have an easy time getting into parties :^[)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My Control wizard , I would have preferred to level two or three like I have done before but I have decided to just put all effort into one main now and just use all alts for leadership and praying.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • theastromachinetheastromachine Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My DC, since he is my main. I'm interested in seeing how the changes to healing will shake out.
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    cw is my main but if it goes as bad as i think it will might do my gf
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Always a TR, and a TR it shall be!
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    To not suffer much, I'll probably level my 18k TR. If lvl 70 content turns out to be a disaster, I'll lvl pally.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Probably my SW, because I'll still be grinding sharandar and IWD boons and the dailies give a lot of XP.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My DC, as it is my main.
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    benskix2 wrote: »
    Probably my SW, because I'll still be grinding sharandar and IWD boons and the dailies give a lot of XP.

acualy they all got cut in 1/2 2k exp each quest isnt going to helpalso mobs are 10x as tuff
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Doesn't matter, they're all my main anyway.
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    It's been like... 1 week that I came back to see how this game is going and I have no clue about what to level when this module comes.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    CW, my pride and joy :)
  • g0dfr3yg0dfr3y Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Voted dont know, but based on the poll, maybe I should level my GF first.
  • canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Voted my GF as he is my 'main'. Wanted it to be the Pally but just not digging it on preview.... I might have to try a healing Pally.
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My main is HR, so I'll try to level her first. She's only one of my toons with two purple pieces of artifact equipment, so she needs to get the new arti gear before the next double RP event and I level slowly.

Then I'll level my TR. My two other toons will probably just sit there and level by prayer and leadership and maybe DR lairs if they're still worth doing.
  • joan234joan234 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    None if they don't address how bad it is. My GF and I were in Icewind pass on test server. Her 22k gs gwf me 17.5k gs DC . Every fight is like an end dungeon boss fight. Yah duo we're good (usually ). Solo or try to solo anything including dailies it's not going to happen. I'm all for hard dungeons that require a really solid group. Open world though needs to be dialed back by a serious factor
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Control Wizard. It is the one class you can count on being viable through al mods and phases of the game so it makes the most sense to commit to this class.

Looks like most people feel the same way lol.
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    learch123 wrote: »
    acualy they all got cut in 1/2 2k exp each quest isnt going to helpalso mobs are 10x as tuff

WTF!? When and why did they reduce XP? Do they want us to spend an hour completing one set of quests? This Mod sounds like it is going to be Sharandar 4th and 5th boon grinds on steroids.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So, a short resumé after sixty votes:

#1 is the CW with 14 votes - this I had almost expected.
    #2 with ten votes is - IMHO quite astonishingly - the Hunter Ranger. Wouldn't have thought that...
    #3 with 8 votes goes to the TR, which I had guesstimated to become #2
    #4 (7 votes), again not what I would have forecast, the Scourge Warlock.
    #5 goes to the DC with 6 votes - which I had thought to land on the third place.
    and the shared 6th place goes to the Fighters with 5 fans each.

And there is currently noone who plans to drop everything els and pull his shiney brand-new Paladin straight through from the shipwreck beach to level 70...

Vote on!
  • wildwolf8wildwolf8 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    I'm hoping the leveling is a new set of quests that start at lvl 61 or something and progress us up to 70, such as the original leveling worked.

is this how it is designed to be, with the new areas, spinward rise and such, being the leveling areas, and then the boon areas like iwd remaining as the end game content?

based on what people from preview have said, it seems this is the case, but I haven't heard many people talking about the process for actually leveling.

personally, I would be happy with the situation if it was an extended part of the original campaign with new story quests that take us up to 70. that makes me angry to one extent, in that would mean no NEW end game content and just rehashed things i've already completed as my end game. but i would also be happy that i don't have to go and do those places all over again anyway just to get to 70...

so anyway, does anyone know what the process will actually be?

edit: and i'm using my sw, since I have the most fun with him, and he's my best geared player. i'm not leveling alts other than praying.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have invested in my warlock heavily, I am stuck with this and apparently I will lvl this **** to lvl 70.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    Same here CW is always a safe bet.

Afterwards my TR but only by doing pvp.
    Hahhaa haters gonna hate!

Well, it is counter-productive for people to stick with under performing classes out of stubbornness/in hopes they get fixed. My TR is also my second, my hr my third, then my gf then my sw. CW is is the only one of these I am still leveling, the others are at level cap (for now!).
    edited March 2015
    Bump for the weekend.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
    edited March 2015
    Yaaaaay!!!

Finally some Oathbound Paladin fans!
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Since my rogue has been my main FOREVER... obviously there will be a lvl 70 half silver dragon. Already got nearly all possible boons on her. I'll get all the PvP boons in due time as those are the only ones I need catch up on at the moment.

Thirty Two isn't going to have PvP boons, nor go very fast in campaigns anyhow. (Cleric for note.) She's the TR's servant.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • svekoljsvekolj Member Posts: 65
    edited March 2015

eh, same
    never had trouble in solo pve with him and I doubt that's going to change and now I will run really fast so yeah gwf
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It will either be my CW or my GF... whichever gets there first. But I voted GF.
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Go! I choose you PokeGWF!
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • thewolfisloosethewolfisloose Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bumping DC into second place :cool:

I'm actually looking forward to chillin out in the tougher zones just to heal people at random. It's gonna be weird seeing HP bars not at 100%. And more interesting I hope, cause right now Righteous DC is the only one that makes sense to me in PVE.