test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reworked Unicorn/Drake seal vendor

iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
Blue lvl 70 gear (bought with seals of the elements) , meh -
vQ3voS5.jpg

Epic gear that can be upgraded in the rank 5 BI crafting tasks , bought with seals of the protector ( no idea where they are from)-
HKWhFsE.jpg

Misc section sells shards and bags of rough AD
jPZWgjJ.jpg

Oh and this is in the Wonderous bazaar -
sBE3Au9.jpg
YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    100 seals for a shard worths 1k AD? Good luck with that.

What are in the Cache of the Element and Cache of the Protector?
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    SWAG? Seal of the Elements and Seal of the Protector....
  • digoliftdigolift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    so i really have to have black ice shaping in order to have the best set in mod6 ? i dont even started iwd and wanst specting to do it never
  • rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Are Element and Protector seals replacing the Unicorn and Drake ones, or are they new ones to obtain?
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    digolift wrote: »
    so i really have to have black ice shaping in order to have the best set in mod6 ? i dont even started iwd and wanst specting to do it never

So far, I don't think so. These new seal things are just higher level version of the Drake and Unicorn <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with no set bonus. I doubt they are the best of their kinds. Even if you craft the higher rank BI gear, they still don't have any tenacity and set bonus, and inferior to the level 70 PvP set too.
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Who hit their head and thought putting SHARDS in the seal shop for 100 seals was a good idea? I mean wha? What are they smoking?
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    I wonder if they plan on dropping the shards crom the loot tables...

That makes even less sense. So they extending the ranks of enchants, but making the lowest ingredients to make the basic functioning versions limited and expensive to get?

If anything. Shards in the loot tables serve mostly for free Refining Points for me.
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'd like to know why we need to pick up an item that will take up an inventory slot to check to see if we done/collected something in-game for that day. Seesh.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This is an awesome direction they take, which started in mod 5. You get the BiS set with seals you earn by playing and its BoP. No RNG, no abuse of the AH, no silly greed runs. Just play the game.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    vadimt83 wrote: »
    This is an awesome direction they take, which started in mod 5. You get the BiS set with seals you earn by playing and its BoP. No RNG, no abuse of the AH, no silly greed runs. Just play the game.

they just want you to have little to no ways to make astral diamonds... be real

ofc is not bad to be sure to eventually be able to buy the gear from a vendor but makes the content fast to get old
    edited March 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    they just want you to have little to no ways to make astral diamonds... be real

ofc is not bad to be sure to eventually be able to buy the gear from a vendor but makes the content fast to get old

Which is good. Because I play a game, not the stock market. The less AD circulating in the game, the better.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Which is good. Because I play a game, not the stock market. The less AD circulating in the game, the better.

and then you need ad to buy marks, ad to buy companions, ad to buy zen through zax as f2p player [if you are one of them] ..
    its not the amount of ad to circulate in game the problem, is the amount of ad that everyday is put in game through professions and savaging.
    edited March 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    and then you need ad to buy marks, ad to buy companions, ad to buy zen through zax as f2p player [if you are one of them] ..
    its not the amount of ad to circulate in game the problem, is the amount of ad that everyday is put in game through professions and savaging.
    Thats the thing, you don't NEED any of that, you WANT. With the current direction the game is going, everything you actually need will drop for you eventually. Companion upgrades, high end enchants, some rare artifacts and all those kind of things are AD sinks, so they wont. But everything the average player NEEDS, will drop.
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    wow the prices are way high
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    I'd like to know why we need to pick up an item that will take up an inventory slot to check to see if we done/collected something in-game for that day. Seesh.

It's probably just intended so you don't forget where you are and it is only optional , otherwise you could run a dungeon too early spend a half hour doing it just to get to the end and not get the cache of whatever , with the DM guide you can quickly check if the 18 hours has passed since your last run , I agree they could have probably just added some UI function instead though.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    It's probably just intended so you don't forget where you are and it is only optional , otherwise you could run a dungeon too early spend a half hour doing it just to get to the end and not get the cache of whatever , with the DM guide you can quickly check if the 18 hours has passed since your last run , I agree they could have probably just added some UI function instead though.

Right, having the game keep track of it is awesome feature. No complaints there. Just the part why it isn't built into the UI and being a physical object we have to pick up is a bit questionable.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    These seal prices are really high compared to current Unicorn/Drake seal gear. Wererat Thief for 600 new seals, compared to 200 Drake seals now.

Are we going to get a lot more seals for each boss fight, or is the grind to new epic gear going to be very slow for PVE-only characters?
  • drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    These seal prices are really high compared to current Unicorn/Drake seal gear. Wererat Thief for 600 new seals, compared to 200 Drake seals now.

Are we going to get a lot more seals for each boss fight, or is the grind to new epic gear going to be very slow for PVE-only characters?

Mod 5 was where the wererat thief got dropped to 200 seals from 600, when they downed the number of seals you can hold. I would love to see an increased drop rate on the seals since its the only way to get any of the newer gear. I do understand they mean for it to be a challenge to get gear, but as usual we have a balance issue when its first released.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    drtysnchz wrote: »
    Mod 5 was where the wererat thief got dropped to 200 seals from 600, when they downed the number of seals you can hold. I would love to see an increased drop rate on the seals since its the only way to get any of the newer gear. I do understand they mean for it to be a challenge to get gear, but as usual we have a balance issue when its first released.

No, it was 200 before then. I got mine before Mod 3.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thats the thing, you don't NEED any of that, you WANT. With the current direction the game is going, everything you actually need will drop for you eventually. Companion upgrades, high end enchants, some rare artifacts and all those kind of things are AD sinks, so they wont. But everything the average player NEEDS, will drop.

...as everything we have is just three weeks short of it's "best before" expiry date, it'd better be exatly this way. The level cap upgrade takes everbody's everything down several notches, so everybody will desparately rush to get up to scratch again. Once this base has been more or less reestablished, and everybody has 70 epics, we'll see random drop stuff again, I suppose...
    edited March 2015
    with the exception of the pvp people they get averything given to them this mod
  • drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    No, it was 200 before then. I got mine before Mod 3.

I remember paying a lot more than 200 for mine when i bought it on my Lock from that vendor.
    edited March 2015
    mattock13 wrote: »
    Yeah, I couldn't help but notice that they created new seals for the pve gear but they still use glory for the pvp sets. Doesn't make sense to me.

Speaking of seals, I'm still mad that they deleted some of my seals last mod.

oh yea but they didnt cap the pvp seals or there glory last mod but the pve people did get there seals taken and caped