test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Suggestion] Introduce Legendary Dungeons as a Ddifficulty Layer above Epic

suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
Hi all,

with the impending doom Mod 6 will spell out for almost all our current gear, and the upcoming glorious choice between three different sets of armor and the variety implied in this, I'd love to suggest the following for the planned dungeons revamp:

Include a Mod 6 level above epic - let's just call it legendary in this thread. Let the Denizens be Lvl 70-73, as they would have simply been upscaled from their smaller Lvl 60 brethren. And let the loot also be the same - but again upgraded to Lvl 70, with proportionally higher stats and that ton of HP we seem to need now.

That way, with -

- minimal programming effort,
- probably no need for playtesting,
- very little integration problems,
- and hence hopefully fairly little time delay,

the current, pre-Mod 6 gear spectrum bandwidth would be reinstated.

I'd also advocate giving the newer, upgraded versions the same set bonus as the classical, epic versions have.

Comments

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Include a Mod 6 level above epic - let's just call it trancendent in this thread. Let the Denizens be Lvl 70-73, as they would have simply been upscaled from their smaller Lvl 60 brethren. And let the loot also be the same - but again upgraded to Lvl 70, with proportionally higher stats and that ton of HP we seem to need now.

Short of calling them something new, this is exactly what's happening with all the dungeons at level 70. I think Lair of Lostmauth, Valindra's Tower and Malabog's Castle are the first to get this treatment, as well as the Shores of Tuern and Kessell's Retreat Skirmish.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ...sounds like good news. Probably my fault I didn't read it...

Anybody got a link?
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Hi all,

with the impending doom Mod 6 will spell out for almost all our current gear, and the upcoming glorious choice between three different sets of armor and the variety imllied in this, I'd love to suggest the following for the planned dungeons revamp:

Include a Mod 6 level above epic - let's just call it legendary in this thread. Let the Denizens be Lvl 70-73, as they would have simply been upscaled from their smaller Lvl 60 brethren. And let the loot also be the same - but again upgraded to Lvl 70, with proportionally higher stats and that ton of HP we seem to need now.

That way, with -

- minimal programming effort,
    - probably no need for playtesting,
    - very little integration problems,
    - and hence hopefully fairly little time delay,

the current, pre-Mod 6 gear spectrum bandwidth would be reinstated.

I'd also advocate giving the newer, upgraded versions the same set bonus as the classical, epic versions have.

i would much rather they have done this than all the new lvl cap then stat hack anmd new artifact gear