test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rubberbanding-Latency

yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
Well,today,rubberbanding on live has gotten out of hand for me. Couldn't even move at times and kept getting the "Server not Responding" notice. Over the last few weeks there are days with almost no latency and others,that i can't even play because i keep bouncing around like a rubber ball.I've done everything that there is doing,i have reset my router,emptied the DNS cache,optimized my connection, and even run a number of tracerts,which i have posted elsewhere.I'm most certain that the problem is with cryptics servers,since i have no problems,for a little while, after the devs do a server restart.
It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
Post edited by yperkeimenos on

Comments

• lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Posting ONE traceroute and calling that sufficient for each and every time you experience latency and rubberbanding is not enough, as network conditions can change. A traceroute is little more than a snapshot of your route performance at the time the test is performed.

Don't misunderstand--it's not saying that a traceroute isn't a useful test in network diagnostics. It's just not meant to be a "one and done" type of test.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • wo88leswo88les Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rubber-banding is normally caused CLIENT side imo, I'm guessing you leave µtorrent uploading at 100% while playing games, not a good idea, either that or there are too many people using your home network and watching YouTube / Netflix or other streaming sites causing your connection to throttle and your game to rubber-band, I've been playing the game for about 2 months now and never had any rubber-banding or ping issues, and I connect from United Kingdom, I think you should look closer to home before you blame neverwinter
  • yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Nope,i'm the only one using my network and don't download anything while playing.My tracerts show an increased ping time of around 170 to 180ms, or even 190-200ms at times,at neverwinter patch servers and at some cogentco atlas addresses.Also i've run and posted more than one tracert in the forums(including in the rubberbanding-latenct sticky), and sometimes the latency,in my system, is combined with the occassional "Server not Responding" response. I am not the only one experiencing these things ingame and I am having this increased latency,after mod 5 was introduced.So eventhough i'm not blaming anyone or pointing fingers,i have my reservations as to whether on not this problem is from my side alone.Also i have to point out that i'm not having rubberbanding all the time,but when i do,it's really bad. Anyway,the worse that could happen,if mod 6 doesn't fix it,is to reduce the time i play the game,so no big loss there for either me or the game.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.