test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My thoughts about this game.

hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
Hello forum members, staff, developers and gamers.

This post is just my thoughts about current game situation, pvp/pve/boss raiding/dungeons ect.
Before start I have to confess that I am kinda spoiled player. I played games like Runes of magic, perfect world, cabal online, lineage 2, tera, guild war 2, Elder scrool online, twelve sky 2, Archege(closed beta), Age of wushu(wulin), Vindictus , C9 Continent of the Ninth, Raiderz(since closed beta till Eu closure),
I do not coun't games which I played less than 3 months. :)

So lets start.

First of all. neverwinter is still great game. Allow players to taste action based mmorpg. Different from other action mmorpg which are focused on dungeon only like C9 and vindictus, Neverwinter give us open world.
I know that current generation action mmorpg can't bring so many features like old classic mmorpg games like Rune of magic, Wow, lineage 2. But even yet, developers giving us a lot of fun and things to do.

However on thing is till lacking in this game.
First of all I repeat myself I am spoiled one. Well I played lineage 2, there game focusing on mass pvp, and there where fights almost for anything. In order to fight some bosses it was normal to kick other guild out of that place. PK player, fort/castle siege. I know that neverwinter can't bring anything similar to that pvp/pk system. All due technical limitation.
But one thing is clear. Current neverwinter focusing only on 1 party. As guild you have nothing to do. Sure you can run dungeons, but yet, its only 1 party can enter there. Open world bosses like dragons. Sounds nice, but usually dragons get wiped by random players gangs. Dragons in live server didn't last longer than 30 s. (amusing).
So persnally Guild system is just for gaining accses to GG and extra wherehouse. Also personally I am out of any guild, what the point to inside any of them. I run dungeons/epic's with random players party. Or simply get players from friendlist. \

We have tiamat raid. Thats good, and I think developers could use same mechanics for guild based dungeons or guild boss raiding dungeon.

Here is small suggestion.
near entrance to tiamat temple, put npc, where guild leader register guild to raid edited Tiamat. Then registered guild get accses to this guild Tiamt raid instance. The battle mechanics can be same as current one we have in live/preview servers.
I have some more ideas to bring more funs for guilds and do not exceed games capability.

Pvp system is not bad, but yet I think can be done some changes, to make more intense fights, not just ~8s long.
For example in other games I encoutered that during pvp they had some changes made for pvp only. While for pve characters doing big dps, in pvp instance's overall dmg outputs are decreased by 10%. or def/resist stats increased in order to pvp last longer.

Now pve stuff. Well one thing is clear. In most games which I played, lv up'ing where part of game. In neverwinter you lv up far to fast, and real game become when you hit your lv to 60. Than you start unlocking boons, gear up with epic sets, start real dominion fights and icewindale/GG/epic dungeons.
But personally when I reached 60lv, for me it where like, deleting character. Because since you 60lv its become pure grinding. Farming epic gear sets, and for what? Also you can simply buy most of parts from auction shop.
After 1 or 2 months neverwinter become boring game. I lv up'ed 2 characters.. First where CW, than after warlock expansion I started play as SW. I can't bring myself to start play with new character, its epic boring. Since 1 lv to kv 60 I did most of time solo.

I hope in future developers bring some life to game. In preview server I actually in some sense like new life steal changes, give some chalange for players not just easy gaming. But yet, there is nothing really big thing to do in game.

In future i hope to see epic boss raiding with guilds, classhes between factions, Elemental evil vs dragon fanatics :P /
For example in one game there where 2 group of enemies, lets say orcs vs goblins which fight against each other to control some areas. :) And player where free to choose which side he will assist. Before you choose faction boths sides, goblins and orcs are hostile to you. But you can via npc pick side. Lets say I pick orcs, so even orcs are mobs, they will not attack me(aggresion removed). And from orc leader I get some quests, Kill x amount goblins, collect/steal x amount stuffs, Slay goblin leader, defend orc base(from goblins or players who choose goblins side) or ect(there some nice stuff's I seen : ).. But once I randomlly kill orc, my alliance with orcs broken and they become hostile toward me.. :)

As you can see there are some stuffs can be added to game.

p.s i just write quickly my thoughts, I know that there will be the ones who hate my post, some maybe took some ideas and remodel, and the ones who even before reading will write like "another ****" or ect.. I don't think I would get supprised..... :) And also I am extreeme sorry for my bad english... :/

Best regards: Player
========================================================================
“The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on

Comments

• Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Nice post bro. Agree almost with everything. I would like to add something, if you dont mind.

1. What's the problem to make aka L2 command channel. Leaders of few parties creates a bigger group, and enters Tiamat for example.
    2. What's the problem to make adding ppl to party possible. If someone decide to leave, we are forced to kick ppl who are queing certain dungeon and join us randomly. We should be able just send the invitation. Why not?
    3. Devs reaction. It takes ages or almost infinity to get answer from devs. Ok, some features are not important for players - lenght of dwarf noses etc. But some are cruxial. All of us just talking, talking - no reaction from devs.
    4. Stacks. Almost all troubles in this game are because of stacks. Im just an engineer not programmer, but I think that they dont know how it works, and how to code it. High visier stacks, Sunburst stacks, some GF stacks, TR's bile stacks, and many others - always causes problems.
    5. ZEN. Some changes are made purely for increasing $$, not for players pleasure and balance. Really I would pay some $ for a game, if dev's give support, and changes are made according community needs. In NWO - it's exactly opposite way.

Last not least. PVP. It's total out of control. All projects (Class advocate) and so on, failed. Some of the classes are strong, other useless. To bad, that Cryptic didnt add a description during character creation - dont use this class/race - it's useless. It would help.

Regards
    Waiting some dev's reply. Dunno if I will live so long.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.