test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A bit of advice

tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
edited February 2015 in The Temple
First some basic facts about my toon. Im currently doing DPS cleric and I really like it and i have no plan on doing PVP with this toon. I have already the High Prophet set (that is the one i end up using all the time) but i also have the Templar set that after I farm it i end up keep using the HP set. As i dont like PVP i was practically avoiding Icewind dale but i decide to get boons so i was just doing Needles distraction quest. Today was my fifth day and i was happy for getting my 2nd boon, I check the map and see Prospectors going on, I arrive late, I even took my time to pick some raw black ice cause there was a mine in middle of the battlefield, I dont even get a great succes and the all migthy RNG god decided to give me the gloves. So now Im aware about how lucky I was about getting them, but it truelly worth for me farm for a set now that i already have 2 sets and that we have a new mod approching soon? between corrupted set and HP which does more damage?

Im playing just PVE with this toon, going DPS and I already discarded the Purified set but I just want to know basically if it truelly worth getting all the black ice for corrupted set considering I already got 2 sets and that templar was kinda disapoting to me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• herundrionherundrion Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Not really. You can get it just for fun, but High Prophet 4p bonus is still better than anything you get from the Corrupted set.
    The only usefulness it might bring is if you're trying to solo a 5-man Dungeon. As it will give you some more defensive stats and sustain.

But for all other purposes all you need is a High Prophet set and some ArP+Lifesteal from jewelry/artifacts.

I farmed the Corrupted set back in the day just for fun (and to get into Kessel's), but I have not used it for anything in the past 2-3 months.
    Co-Founder of -Valor-
    vih2r9.png
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Only if you want to run Kessels.
  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I pretty much only use HP when I land in a Tiamat instance that only has 3 or so DCs. You don't -need- HP unless you're trying to do something like 3-man the Dracolich. HP is also great for skilled/mid GS groups, but those are very rare nowadays (thanks to artifact items/cheap T2s).
    I use Corrupted because as far as my own personal experience goes, when a group sucks, more debuffs is not going to solve the problem. When people suck these days it's a skill issue, not a gear issue. I find that higher personal survivability and better stats/faster AP generation (for stuff like HG/DA) works when you're playing wet nurse for people who make it a point to spin the dragon, stand as far away from you as possible or stand in red circles.
    Meanwhile, high end parties kill everything so fast already you won't even notice HP's effect.
    Solo-wise, HP helps you kill tough mobs faster. BI helps you survive stacking multiple mob groups before you kill them all.

It's still a few months (at least 1+) before mod 6 lands. If you don't have anything better to do, then go for it. At the very least, it's one of the best-looking sets with the right dyes.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    TY all very much. It kinda agree with what I was thinking about, but is good to know from someone with experience. Maybe it could be good to have it next mod on the progress to lvl70 as it has better survability and it seem thats going to be an issue for many classes on next mod.