test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance Long Over, But Foundry Still Down

imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Yesterday's maintenance was for "just a server restart and introducing new sales items", yet somehow there were massive issues with the Foundry, requiring it to be taken down, and it's still down.

We have had no communication from anyone since before 10am YESTERDAY on what is going on, and what communication we did get didn't indicate why Foundry was down, just that it was.

I asked if we could please get a new update. Not only did we not get any updates, but that thread was closed, because the maintenance was passed.

Well, for those of us for whom Foundry is our reason for playing, the maintenance is very much NOT passed. This morning, Foundry is still down, and we still have heard nothing as to why, or when it will be back.

Now, I'm not asking or coding miracles. If there's a major problem that somehow got revealed by the maintenance, I want it fixed, and that can take time. No, what I want is a little open communication. For example, telling us why the Foundry is down with a greater detail level than "it broke". Assuring us that it's still being worked on. Giving us some indication of when it might be back.

So please, someone with the official capacity to do so, please give us some updates on what is going on with Foundry.

Thanks,
-- @Gruffydd
Post edited by imaginaerum1 on

Comments

• Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Agreed. Even though I'm not a big foundry player, there needs to be some kind of official statement about the problems.
  • Options
    tantivetyrelltantivetyrell Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Indeed, we don't mind legitimate problems - and that they're getting fixed, but getting kept in the dark is just unfair to our authors.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Why should communication about this particular foundry downtime be any different than communication about every previous foundry downtime?
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Exactly, I completely agree with you eldarth. The foundry being down is just as critical as the game being down for many of us. We all understand that there can be problems with it, and it can take some time to fix them, but I think we have the right to know what's being done about it (if something's even being done about it, first).
    The foundry is just as important as the rest of the game, don't treat it differently. we expect the same attitude and communication as every other player.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Exactly, I completely agree with you eldarth.

I think you misunderstood me.

We have never gotten any patch notes, release notes, asset addition notes, downtime notes, etc. since beta.
    I think since beta we've gotten a couple of bullet points. That's definitely NOT communication.

So, why should this downtime be any different.

Maybe they finally pulled the plug.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sorry, I thought the first post was made by you, I read it wrong. XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    =/ I'm just as unhappy.

Every time there's maintenance, something in the foundry keeps it down.. So it was usually all thursday was no foundry.

It seems that the infection has spread, and now the foundry is down all thursday aND friday.

The thread where we're awaiting updates has been closed.

All of this happening seemingly RIGHT AFTER cryptic has a big foundry push with the 2 livestreams w devs ?? ..

Abandoned Authors Anonymous.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Foundry appears to be back up.
    Thanks for fixing it, whoever was involved.