test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Soulforged & Injuries

azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PvE Discussion
Heya folks,

I'm thinking of getting my DC a Soulforged Enchantment for his armor (because the healer of the party self-rezzing sounds like a pretty good deal to me) but I was wondering, do you still get an injury when you fall and get rezzed by the enchantment?

Also, are there any other enchantments you think are better than Soulforged for a Cleric? :D
Artificer.jpg
Post edited by azahron on

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    azahron wrote: »
    Heya folks,

I'm thinking of getting my DC a Soulforged Enchantment for his armor (because the healer of the party self-rezzing sounds like a pretty good deal to me) but I was wondering, do you still get an injury when you fall and get rezzed by the enchantment?

Also, are there any other enchantments you think are better than Soulforged for a Cleric? :D

If you have the rez penalty where someone has rezed you and you can't be raised again, and you proc a soulforge, you will get an injury. That is it as far as I have experienced lately. So if you plan on dying 3 times in fairly quick order you can still get one.
  • azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    If you have the rez penalty where someone has rezed you and you can't be raised again, and you proc a soulforge, you will get an injury. That is it as far as I have experienced lately. So if you plan on dying 3 times in fairly quick order you can still get one.

Thanks! That sounds reasonable enough.
    When does the effect actually kick in? When you're dead? Or dying? I assume the first since you mentioned getting rezzed by someone first? :D
    Artificer.jpg
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The soulforged enchant will immediately raise you, but can only do so once every 90 seconds. Also, if you die with revive sickness you WILL receive an injury regardless of whether your soulforged procs, as the death procs first, then your soulforged will raise you if its effect is active (you'll see an icon that looks a bit like a soulforged enchant in your buff bar if this is active).

It works something like this:

1) You die. If it's not for something like falling into an instadeath area (e.g. off the cliffs in Tiamat), then you fall down and are immediately resurrected with a set amount of HP according to the grade of your SF.

2) If you die again, it's like a normal death--you die, wait to be revived, as normal.

3) If at any time you die with revive sickness on, even if 90 seconds elapse and you can use SF again, you will still receive an injury as though you were defeated and returned to spawn., but you will be revived on the spot (ex. It will show "You have been defeated!" but the SF will still proc, but you will be assessed an injury).

In other words, it's not designed to make you Zombie Superman.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The soulforged enchant will immediately raise you, but can only do so once every 90 seconds. Also, if you die with revive sickness you WILL receive an injury regardless of whether your soulforged procs, as the death procs first, then your soulforged will raise you if its effect is active (you'll see an icon that looks a bit like a soulforged enchant in your buff bar if this is active).

It works something like this:

1) You die. If it's not for something like falling into an instadeath area (e.g. off the cliffs in Tiamat), then you fall down and are immediately resurrected with a set amount of HP according to the grade of your SF.

2) If you die again, it's like a normal death--you die, wait to be revived, as normal.

3) If at any time you die with revive sickness on, even if 90 seconds elapse and you can use SF again, you will still receive an injury as though you were defeated and returned to spawn., but you will be revived on the spot (ex. It will show "You have been defeated!" but the SF will still proc, but you will be assessed an injury).

In other words, it's not designed to make you Zombie Superman.

Thanks, Lews! So it's mostly to save others from having to put you upright again? (And to save yourself when you're soloing stuff of course)
    I'd better keep some injury kits close at hand if I get one of these. xD
    Artificer.jpg