test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M6 T2 gear and dungeons upgrading

kyobi16kyobi16 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
As the title said i would like to see the old T2/T1 dungeons get updated along with its gear drops
maybe make a super epic version of them to get the old T2 sets upgraded to have overload slots?
because the new sets are really not appealing and the old sets had fantastic 4 piece bonuses,
would hate to see them forgtten in the the new m6 since new gear is gonna be available which will make them non relevent in end game play. an upgrade like using some kind of new currency to upgrade current T2 gear into T3 (much like nirvana/Twilight tempale in perfect world online) that would totally boost up dungeon farming in the old T2s and make game life a lil bit less depended on AD which i know must would be happy to have.

would love to see this implanted in the new mod since i miss runing FH..

P.S. Hunter rangers MC set 4 piece bonus dosent work please take a look
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    It's the whole point of progression, old sets become obsolete or simply worse and there is sth to look forward to.
    I'm a big fan of Avatar of War but I wasn't really happy to see all other sets fall flat in PvE for 2 years. New sets were not comparable to active bonus provided by that set so I think it's finally a good moment to make some upgrades and try sth new and hopefully better.

Nonetheless I agree about making old content more difficult or introducing a new tier of dungeons. However devs promised that already - mobs in dungeons will have crazy amounts of damage resistance so you will need a lot more armor penetration.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No matter how good the new gears are, i will still use my T1 high prophet.
  • ansuz4221ansuz4221 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jazzfong wrote: »

Same here. But I'm still hoping for an upgraded version of High Prophet - I like dreaming about this ;)
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i hope they start with t1 dungeon upgrades and leave t2 for next mod
    Paladin Master Race
  • atodoatodo Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    i hope they start with t1 dungeon upgrades and leave t2 for next mod

They mentioned its launching with 3 T1 dungeons and 3 T2 dungeons.
  • deathpwny22deathpwny22 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jazzfong wrote: »

Given that all the new dungeons will block people out based on the new "gear level" system, I doubt you'll be able to enter them wearing old T1 armor.
  • atodoatodo Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Given that all the new dungeons will block people out based on the new "gear level" system, I doubt you'll be able to enter them wearing old T1 armor.

And not only that but they are balancing it so that you`ll need the new t1 to enter t2. So you cant bypass dungeon/tiers anymore.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I am planning on acquiring either the full Draconic set or the full Draconic Templar set for each of my characters that I plan on playing in Mod 6, both for entry requirements for new dungeons, and also because based on the current very harsh stat curves, I don't think the current T1/T2 gear will yield enough survivability for them in the new content.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    I am planning on acquiring either the full Draconic set or the full Draconic Templar set for each of my characters that I plan on playing in Mod 6, both for entry requirements for new dungeons, and also because based on the current very harsh stat curves, I don't think the current T1/T2 gear will yield enough survivability for them in the new content.

If you end up using either it's going to be very sad.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    If you end up using either it's going to be very sad.

This. I want entirely new sets. I want the T1 and T2 level 60 sets to stay the appropriate level 60 iLevel.

If I spend the next 2 year wearing the "upgraded" version of a HV set, I'm going to puke.

In my opinion, NONE of the current gear sets should be relevant when it comes to the new level 70 content. And I think people need to start getting out of the mindset that they're still going to use their old level 60 gear. This is like in WoW when the raised the level cap from 60 to 70 in the BC expansion. People thought they'd be keeping their BiS Uber epic leet raid gear. They didn't. It was quickly replaced, and I sincerely hope Neverwinter does the same.

Let it go, let it go
    Can't hold it back anymore
    Let it go, let it go
    Turn away and slam the door!
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    To be fair, the onus is on NWs game designers. High Prophet, High Vizier, Avatar of War, etc are BiS because every other set has horrible 4 set bonuses despite offering substantially more stat points. If level 70 gear offers BETTER 4-set bonuses people will upgrade. If not, then you'll find current T1/T2 sets remain BiS because set bonuses trump any number of stat points.

Level 70 gear with crappy set bonuses ala Iliyanbruen, Dread Legion, Black Ice, Draconic, and Draconic Templar will make me cry.
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    For the love of the game, please please do not recycle the same Tier gears.

Don't get me wrong, I loved them, they were fantastic and I'd be in heaven with a top of the tier RG set for my HR but those sets were so good that they killed the game. I know that the subsequent tier set bonuses weren't the best but people are so hard set for those certain sets that no matter what, they will never change. It will just create another stagnant cesspool and will be nothing but level 60 repeated.

I'm already not a fan of them recycling the old dungeons. We've only played them to the point we don't want to see them any more. Don't get why everyone is so hard set of doing them ALL over again..
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, I think the problem with this is grinding. Now I agree as new content comes out and as the levels progress we should have to work for new gear, etc. However. With all the issues with grinding Artifact items and equipment still fresh and recent in everyone's mind, they don't want to start thinking about having to get new gear. And I cant say I blame them there. Especially if our artifact equipment needs either more RP to expand beyond the legendary status levels it is now, or even worse, we have new stuff come out.

People are getting burned out, Neverwinter, for all the fun game play, is starting to become a job....
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ogarious wrote: »
    With all the issues with grinding Artifact items and equipment still fresh and recent in everyone's mind, they don't want to start thinking about having to get new gear.

Are you kidding me? That's the entire point of the expansion...new areas to explore, new dungeons to delve and new gear to be had.

I'm absolutely tired of wearing the same armor I've had since about June 2013...that's coming up on almost 2 years of the same gear...that's not cool.

For better or worse, I hope Module 6 completely invalidates the current armor sets. Whether it's because they're better, or the other sets simply don't give you enough stats to do level 70 content effectively.

Remember, there's going to be a much bigger emphasis put on Armor Penetration in Module 6. You very like won't be able to wear your old level 60 T2/T1 set and get anywhere near the reported 40-60% ArmPen needed for level 70 content (as stated in the Live Stream last Friday).
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1