test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: Guild Voice Chat

silvertailsilvertail Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I think it would be cool to have a Guild voice chat along with party voice chat for when you do events and things rather then having to type. Would also be helpful if other player's could donate AD to up the guild bank. To prevent player's from taking AD just have it so when it's locked in and when it reaches a certain amount have the bank upped.

What does everyone else think about this?:cool:
stealth is survival skills (and not tanking skills, that is really different)
stealth is damage
stealth is mobility
stealth is everything
everything is stealth
Stealth make TR OP, but lack of stealth make TR useless.
Post edited by silvertail on

Comments

• kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Unnecessary.

Decent guilds have a voice service already that people can jump onto when needed. Having always-on ingame guild voice as standard would be horrible, too. Do you really want to hear ill-informed bibble from the kid with the family pack of Cheetos who chews with his mouth open and is too stupid to use push-to-talk? It'd just be another thing to turn off, to maintain quality of life.
  • omgnicktakenomgnicktaken Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    agree with kattefjaes. Voice chat systems may seem simple, but there are many potential issues with them. There are many solutions out there designed for this specific task, with teams of developers dedicated to maintaining, updating and fixing them. Spending cryptic dev time on something so redundant would only hurt the game.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    agree with kattefjaes. Voice chat systems may seem simple, but there are many potential issues with them. There are many solutions out there designed for this specific task, with teams of developers dedicated to maintaining, updating and fixing them. Spending cryptic dev time on something so redundant would only hurt the game.

You know that the game has voice already, yes? He's just suggesting a guild-wide version of it.

(Personally, I hate the noise, and use sub-channels even on mumble. Too many people talking over each other at once is not enjoyable)

��
  • omgnicktakenomgnicktaken Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    You know that the game has voice already, yes? He's just suggesting a guild-wide version of it.

(Personally, I hate the noise, and use sub-channels even on mumble. Too many people talking over each other at once is not enjoyable)

Yup, i know. But, extending it for a guild chat, managing the sessions in and out of instances and combined with party chat etc, it all may seem trivial, but i see a lot of potential bugs that would have to be fixed.. again, if we could have it as a freebie by all means. In reality there is a good chunk of developer time in this, and i would much rather have it spent on fixing other bugs and adding other features.
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The built-in 5 way voice comms is confusing enough. Imagine it scaled up to guild-wide, or even just Tiamat-wide.
    I think there is probably a good reason why so many guilds ignore the built-in system and use teamspeak or similar.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't want integrated Guild voice. I prefer our discrete guild TS server. At least this way when NW goes down we can either hop on another game and/or dis devs.
    edited January 2015
    I don't want integrated Guild voice. I prefer our discrete guild TS server. At least this way when NW goes down we can either hop on another game and/or dis devs.

That's also a really good point. It's great to be able to check with your group when the regular serverplosions happen, so that you know that it's not you :)