test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion, Refining UI Change

tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I would like to make a recommendation to change the refining window UI.

The biggest shortcoming of the current UI, in my opinion, is its limitation to only refine 5 items at a time. If you have 20 stacks of enchantments that you want to refine into an artifact, that translates to 400 drag-and-drop motions and mouse clicks. Time consuming, not fun, and damaging to your wrist. I propose, instead, to change the refining window to a list view.

1. When you right click and choose refine, the refining Window opens up and you enter "refining mode".
2. The main window would contain a list view.
3. You simple go through your bag and click on items you want to refine, and they are marked with a check mark.
4. Selected items appear in the list view for final confirmation. You then click "refine".
5. Allow stacks of items to be refined at the same time.
6. Allow unidentified items to be selected for refinement. However at the moment when you click "refine", corresponding number of identifying scrolls will be consumed.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Would make refining much less horrible
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Anything that allowed enchants/stones to be added for refining without the need to drag would be greatfully received. Double click if the refining window is open would be my preferred option.
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This would be a most welcome change. I absolutely agree with the OP.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'd prefer a step further and not deal with the unsorted bags...

Two Columns:
    • Left = Refining Queue
    • Right = Sorted by RP (including matching x2 bonus) high to low bag items
    Clicking on item in either column moves item to opposite column.
    Could perhaps even have a filter at top of each column: Enchantments, Stones, Items
    Then once you click Refine - entire Refining Queue is consumed.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The difficulty in refining should be:

- Working to acquire the items
    - Working to acquire the artifact
    - Working for the AD to buy the refining items from someone else.

The difficulty in refining should not be:

- The physical task of dragging and dropping the items into a UI.

My personal feeling is that they have made this physically difficult to justify the price of the blood rubies. Essetnially, don't like the process of dragging/dropping thousands of times? Fine, buy blood rubies - you'll pay more for them overall, but you dont have to click as much.
  • geministrikegeministrike Member Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm laughing cuz do you think you are the first one to post something like this? Devs won't even look at your post. They don't want to bother doing anything. Here check this link out:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?823501-An-Idea-About-Refinining
  • tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm laughing cuz do you think you are the first one to post something like this? Devs won't even look at your post. They don't want to bother doing anything. Here check this link out:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?823501-An-Idea-About-Refinining

So you are laughing at me for making a QoL recommendation? WTF is wrong with you?

The post you linked to is a similar recommendation that works in a different way. I would say my post has its merit and place. I also think my recommendation makes more sense than the one you posted, but that is my personal opinion.

If this is all so funny to you, I think you should laughing and look at the mirror for a bit. Maybe you'll laugh some more.
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Refining is meant to be a painful/punitive process. You're supposed to hate it. It's designed to be cumbersome and won't be changed. If it were improved upon, there would be less incentive to say "forget this" and possibly make a purchase from the Zen store.
  • geministrikegeministrike Member Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    tonyswu wrote: »
    So you are laughing at me for making a QoL recommendation? WTF is wrong with you?

The post you linked to is a similar recommendation that works in a different way. I would say my post has its merit and place. I also think my recommendation makes more sense than the one you posted, but that is my personal opinion.

If this is all so funny to you, I think you should laughing and look at the mirror for a bit. Maybe you'll laugh some more.

I'm not laughing at your post don't be freakin defensive. I'm laughing because even I'm not to first one to suggest new ways to make refining process easier. It is funny because no matter how many people complain about it the devs don't do <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about it.