test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: End of RNG in Mod 6

jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
As title suggests, i would like to see an alternate way to obtain some items aside from getting lucky a few times in a row to get an item. Personally i have a very bad RNG rating and i hope there are some improvements on these items 2 to 3 modules ago. Some examples are:

1. Eye of Lathandar (Extremely rare)
- Give an option to buy it at store with 1000 thayan scrolls.
And/Or
- BoA at rank 1 (green) without any refining points in it. Once refined, turns BoP.

2. Black Ice Gauntlets + Weapon (Rare)
- Player receive a token when achieving great success. Each piece costs 50 tokens.

3. Artifacts with low drops (Rare)
- Emblem, Shard, etc
- Trading using 1000 Seals

Thats all from me. Any more idea??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I really like the idea. This is way overdue. But frankly - I don't see this happen seeing how often this was requested already.
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Very good idea. I despise RNG. The Lathander arti is impossible to get. I've been doing my DR lairs every day for 6 months and got peridots.
  • przem87przem87 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Got 7 Lathander in total. So it's possible, yes it's hard and RNG based but it's possible
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    przem87 wrote: »
    Got 7 Lathander in total. So it's possible, yes it's hard and RNG based but it's possible

Someone can win a lottery at first try, but more people buy for years and never win once.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015

Who cares if its possible? Why even bring up this strawman argument? Its a bad system. It is also possible to win the lottery.
  • llawtllawt Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2015

There are always these weird people giving irrelevant information where they see an oppurtunity.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is a double edged sword in how to adjust drop rates.

ICEWIND CAMPAIGN :

It started out in the first two weeks of Icewind Campaign that the drop rate was ridiculously high on all items. You'd get a purple item about every other Epic Heroic Encounter. Elk Tribe items were spewing forth, and Hammerstone too. People complained about the high drop rate as it wasn't "class specific", "a bunch of junk I cannot salvage for AD", and "makes the items nothing special to get".

Now, conversely it's harder to get said items which addresses the above complaints, but creates it's own in how much effort it can be to get the Epic Heroic loot items. Making it "purchaseable" somehow puts it in the category of "why bother with the encounters if I can just buy it?".

A possible solution is making it so any Epic Heroic in Icewind Pass can drop the items specific to that area (Elk, gloves, etc), and then the same for Dwarven Valley (Hammerstone Gear, etc) so whilst the chances are increased for a drop it's not made so easy it's meaningless to travel the areas.

If you suggest items should be loot in the end chest of Kessel's retreat then that loot table for that skirmish chest should have a random chance of any epic item from the Icewind Campaign so again it's not assured you get what you want, but there's an increased chance.

DREAD RING, SHARANDAR, AND ICEWIND :

Well, include any campaign here. You can get Illyabruen Gear once you run enough Malabog's Castle for Dark Fey Seals. You can accumulate tons of Thayan Scrolls.

Being able to convert lesser Campaign Currency into something greater to be able to purchase items that can come from that campaign specifically would make more use of everything, whilst not making it too easy to get any Epic Item.

Examples of Conversions could be -

25 Feywild Spark = 1 Dark Fey Seal
    1000 Thayan Scrolls = 1 Epic Rank Mark (excludes Potency)
    500 Kessel's Sigil = Bag of Refined Black Ice that contains 500 Pieces of Refined Black Ice
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • deadshadows86deadshadows86 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    then imagine if it was not BoP and you could have sell them for 1M each (and i think with artifact set it would probably be higher ..) i think i'll buy one ...

For IWD :
    Make a special token on each HE with a certain amount of gain per succes/difficulties (like 1 for easy one not great succes and 2 for grest succes, 2 for middle one and 4 for great succes, 3 minimum on big HE and 10 for great succes, 2 for kessel ... Something like that) and a new merchant who sell the low drops rate items for 10K of this tokens (well a big price), then you should still try to get them the normal way but if you still haven't get them after a long time, you'll be able to buy them (BoP)
    Well the thing is they made a promo with buying a pack and you gain an black ice item (i've got my gauntlet like this)

For Sharandar :
    Well pretty much the same thing but for each sharandar related content, new token and high price marchant (Well i never really tryed to drop sharandar content so don't know exactly what can be wanted here ...)

For DR :
    Each gauntlet (blue quality minimum) used in mini dungeon give a token and for 500 token (or more) you can buy the artifact, a normal player should still play a LONG time before having it so it won't be that more problematic ...

There is multiples solutions ... but most wont give them money so i don't think they will make them ...
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I personally strongly agree on no RND for rewards.
    I hated IWD drops. Same was for artifact gear later. It was a grind. Stupid grind where each try is just a "hope" to get item.

RND can stay but changed. Yet it has to become progressive - more you try, more chance you have. +& to fisrt try. Yes it is more work to do.
    Otherwise it is crazy stupid and crappy mechanic where no matter how much efforts you put, RND god will not notice. I have 0 desire to play grind fest. Already skipped mod 5 cause I was too tiered to see useless efforts.
  • hammeredhellhammeredhell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I largely agree with the sentiment of this thread, whats sad is as for the BI glove/mainhand.... the solution ALREADY EXISTS!

For about 3 days they ran a promo where when buying a black ice profession pack from the zen store you got a BOP box that contained one piece of your choice of (also BOP) equipment (all 6 pieces of corrupt and all 6 pieces of purified were represented in this).

WHYYYYYYY was this just a promo? Bring this back as a PERMANENT solution, even if you raised the price of this by 500 zen or so to reflect the change, 80% of the population would gladly pay rather than farming a month and a half or whatever it took in Icewind Pass just to get a pair of gloves....AND its MORE ZEN sales, AND it require NO WORK on the devs part......IT ALREADY EXISTS.

This doesn't address the rest of the poor RNG drops for other items but this one seems like a no-brainer solution to at least a small portion of the problem.
  • vcekvcek Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    They only thing i agree with is that BoA items should have a price in some sort of currency. Or maybe instead of removing RNG, change the way it is calculated. Something is definitely wrong with it, I have marked certain characters on my account with higher success rate in getting a drop from certain places.

Example: GWF 4 black ice gloves. DC 4 dragon gem drops in 3 DD events(same day). TR 5 drops of artifact belts on same day. I mean it seems ridiculous, but could be character creation date, time played or character creation id that goes into RNG calculations that messes up stuff.
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I like the RNG aspect of this game, it gives me a chance to get some of the more rare items since there is no way in hell i am ever gonna run some stupid skirmish 300+ times... However I guess having a gtd token drop each time, while maintaining the rng could Work aswell:)
  • grumblesmorfgrumblesmorf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I largely agree with the sentiment of this thread, whats sad is as for the BI glove/mainhand.... the solution ALREADY EXISTS!

For about 3 days they ran a promo where when buying a black ice profession pack from the zen store you got a BOP box that contained one piece of your choice of (also BOP) equipment (all 6 pieces of corrupt and all 6 pieces of purified were represented in this).

WHYYYYYYY was this just a promo? Bring this back as a PERMANENT solution, even if you raised the price of this by 500 zen or so to reflect the change, 80% of the population would gladly pay rather than farming a month and a half or whatever it took in Icewind Pass just to get a pair of gloves....AND its MORE ZEN sales, AND it require NO WORK on the devs part......IT ALREADY EXISTS.

This doesn't address the rest of the poor RNG drops for other items but this one seems like a no-brainer solution to at least a small portion of the problem.

I know you can buy zen with AD, but the idea of putting BiS gear in the cash shop is just horrifying to me as a general idea.

I love the ideas in the OP post though. These solutions are already in place for some other things, just apply it across the board. You can get your draconic gear as a drop or you can buy it with tokens for example. That's a great model that should be applied to pretty much everything I would say.
  • ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2015

You are mixing up difficulty with luck. It's not hard, it's trivial to do, just that many many folks have been doing the lair for 6+ months and have yet to see it drop. So for me it's impossible. It's not like you can keep doing the lair over and over. It's one chance per day. If you don't get it that way, there is NO other way to get it.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Selling gear is wrong. No argument can be made for this.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Gear in ZEN store = bad idea on several levels.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com