test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Artifacts going to level 120

rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
edited January 2015 in PvE Discussion
So the patchnotes have been released and one of the most glaring points in it is this piece of news that artifacts are going to level 120. There will also be rank 12 enchantments and legendary companions that you most likely pay (not farm) for.

What are your opinions regarding these preliminary news for module 6?
Post edited by rashylewizz on

Comments

• Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Wow, so this is their big solution to the RP mess? Multiply the required RP to BIS by several orders? They're just gonna keep making it worse until the zen rubies are the best deal... I love how they assume this will also convince people to buy them.

Still digging their own grave diligently I see...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I got mixed feelings on this. For right now, until I know more. Ill simply be grateful that they at least went this way. And didn't toss existing artifacts aside for shiny new super artifacts for level 70s.
  • Options
    starboijuhelstarboijuhel Member Posts: 45
    edited January 2015
    bad...just bad..
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    They say there will be better refining stones to compensate, but as to how we get them, it could make or break everything. I very much miss the old days where there weren't artifacts and the only thing to worry about was enchantments. Either way, once you got what you needed, you could enjoy the game with what you had. You didn't always need to worry about saving every AD, marching, always having more AD, constant progression. It is absolutely exhausting and not fun in any manner. I was hoping mod 6 would offer a solution to this, but it seems we will still be stuck without hope. Perhaps elsewhere PvP will rise again.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    please no, its already too hard to level them, though i mobs start dropping rank5's it might be ok
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    No, no no and again no. I have no option to make my enchants from 9 lv to 10 lv becouse there is no option to make some ad while stack of peridots cost 140k ad and for example- till mod 5 Awatar of war cost 1kk now cost 30k.
    The economy is already ruined dont make it worse becouse you will lose many of your customers.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I just had 9 Guinness i don't have an opinion.

• Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    no more super expensive grinds, hell I got a new belt / neck and offhand and i can only ge them at purple. How do you expect players to keep up - i play everyday like this is an 8 hour job. Give it a break or make it xp based refinement not staright up you pay you it so you can still have time to use it andenjoy mindset which iscurrently in now.

Also if they never give us artifact gear (maybe like neckand rings) this would be acceptable. To many places currently to "sink" refinement. TO high imo

then again it is only 20 levels...
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Holy mother of mercy...

#refinewinter online

I don't like it. 20 levels mean...milions RP.
    They need to then make refining faster if the cap is raised.
    Else...

Please kill me.

Also: "BiS" players gonna hit 70+ lvl 120 artifacts and rank 12 enchants 2 days after release.
    In the meanwhile, normal players still stuck with epics.
    The gap gets larger and larger.
  • Options
    avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    **** that.

That's my honest response lol.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Can we add the rank 12 enchantments to the list along with the level 120 artifacts...Also, while we at it, average item level is much worse then gs, as assume this was implemented into the game as is: High prophet is one of the best sets for DC, however, they would not be able to use high prophet as they would be forced to use the new, worse gear, like draconic knight, because they don't meet the, "average item level" required. This could force people to build their character sub optimally, simply because cryptic though this was a good idea.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    We still dont even have the new word on whats the new update for artifact equipment gear. Will that level to 120 as well?

Itll get a boost to lvl 90 we know that. I wouldnt put it past them to make 120 the new level there as well.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    We still dont even have the new word on whats the new update for artifact equipment gear. Will that level to 120 as well?

Itll get a boost to lvl 90 we know that. I wouldnt put it past them to make 120 the new level there as well.

Presumably, the change only affects artifacts (e.g. Lantern of Revelation and such), not gear, as gear only has a cap of 60.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm not going to vote until I download the preview patch and see what is needed, and what kind of gains it gets.

It's a f2p game model, being BiS cost money, so that's expected. New module means finding new ways for people to spend a lot of money in this game. I just hope it's not too ridiculous, as it will make a person starting from scratch needing to spend thousands of dollars to be up there.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'd have to see it in context to really develop an opinion.

We currently don't know what changes, if any, will be made to refinement drops.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    robotpolisrobotpolis Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If it's really pay-gated, then lots of people will leave. I just dont understand cryptic, this game got some much potential yet they are killing it for greed.
  • Options
    tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Here is my opinion: they more they ask for my money, the more i will not give them my money.

The art of contrary thinking.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Other: My opinion is that if refinement mechanics change to make it more player friendly, then I have no issues with this.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    We've decided to close this thread as it's original poll options are biased and provide no avenue for constructive feedback, only continued ranting and trolling. Instead, please consider posting constructively and respectfully in the following thread.

Discussion: How can the RP system be improved going into Mod 6?

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.