test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Eye of the lathander

revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PvE Discussion
So i really would like to have this artifact on my GF, i have been running dreadring on daily basis with mithrall gauntlet i even open the coffer 100 times during 1 run with the help of priceless thayan antiqty. Done full dread ring boons on six characters always with the mithrall gauntlet and i never ever ever got even one **** lathander artifact!

This is getting really old, and i dont understand how the devs thinks in the first place when they made a 3-set bonus from a RNG based BOP item.

I am not lucky with the RNG gods, so would u pls make this BoE? So i can pick it up on AH or do some event or even put it up in the Zen store? I dont care, but this RNG thing that is BOP is silly imo especially when it comes down to a set-bonus.
Post edited by revovlerjesus1 on

Comments

• ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Agreed.

Been running it everyday and still no drop. I even offer to run it on alts for guild members and if my alt sees it drop, decline the reward so they can pick it up. Still nothing. Just a ton of peridots and Aquamarines. Cool. I just got 1k RP for 5 minutes of my time... Big whoop as it takes nearly 5 million to get an orange.

So I would need to run this dungeon 5,000 times at 1k:5min ratio to get ONE orange item for an alt. Thats 416 HOURS or 17 DAYS STRAIGHT of farming this run Literally 17 days WITHOUT STOPPING to get ONE orange item for an ALT.

And its no wonder noone wants to play multiple characters seriously
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I got mine 2 months after module 2 release by pure luck. I didn't even cared about the artifact or knew it was a mini-dungeon BoP drop.

It was not that good except for PvE too. I left it in my inventory for months and only recently it became useful with full set. Which is still not "that" powerful on my GWF considering that big finishing hits eat up all the healing of your resurrection. Bug or WAI idk, but together with healing depression it's pretty meh. Mixed it with legendary Blood Raven to see if i can make it worth it. Need to stack up tons of HP to make it really good.

I see why you want it on your GF but my suggestion is to do not farm RNG stuff. It's a straight road to endless frustration. Just run stuff for fun and if you get lucky be happy, if you're not, just keep in mind you must play for fun and not for stuff.
    I ran mini-dungeons cause i found them fun and the RP were a good extra. Plus the greater marks, worth 4k+ RP on specific artifacts.
    So my suggestion is to do not farm, just do stuff, have fun, get RP in the process and may be eventually you'll drop the eye.

I don't think the devs will make it BoE cause mini dungeons are easy, solo content you can farm ona daily basis. And are short.
    Making the eye BoE on mini-dungeons is not a good move, expecially considering they are part of a set.

May be make a BoP version drop from Tiamat could solve the issue and increase the chances of dropping it. Also making it account wide so you can use alts to increase your chances to drop it from mini-dungeons.
    But it was nice for just 1 time to see something that could not be achieved by wallet warriors, AD exploiters and elitists but through pure luck.
  • revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I hear what u say Pando and tbh i dont do any pve content in this game exept the superboring tiamat from time to time to get me some linus. I ONLY play pvp cus PVE is a joke and supereasy and i could probably solo every dungeon in the game.

Thing is however i can see that this set-bonus is very good for endgame pvp, and to not be able to get it no mather how many tries i do is just bad game design.

I love challange from game, thats why i do pvp, if they were to relase some insane hard dungeons that take both skill and gear i would love that to!
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thing is its bound to character and should at the very least be bound to account. But really it should be BoE. Heck you could even make it buyable with a certain currency from the vendor. Many solutions better then the current situation.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Should be BoE. Dread Ring needs an incentive to come back to the area just like Sharandar and WoD. M3 is missing one as well.
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's rare for a reason. Still, I got 2 in 2 months of running those mini dungeons daily. I find them fun, easy and rewarding to do too. Much more than any other daily dungeon there is.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Two of my characters have one. One of them is still level 1 and sitting in my bank because it's BoP.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i did talk to the community managers multiple times on this isssue and they did advise theyd look into it
  • joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Honestly I think it should stay this way.

It's the first true "Rare" artifact in the game that can't be obtained via AD/P2W.

Plus you can recognize who's lucky and who's not.

(I don't have one)
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Honestly I think it should stay this way.

It's the first true "Rare" artifact in the game that can't be obtained via AD/P2W.

Plus you can recognize who's lucky and who's not.

(I don't have one)

Funny when rarity means pure rngazm. in my definintion of rarity it means "pure hard work" i would not cry when i would be able to obtain it for 100 finished DL lairs (around 40 won pvp matches for 1 BCRS e.g), or any other kind of work not related with broken rng system.

• lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    416 HOURS or 17 DAYS STRAIGHT of farming this run

That's ideally speaking. It's a daily.
    I got two. Cannot remember what I did with the second Lathander, it was before Refinement came up, I guess I sold it to the NPC for a couple of silvers.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.