test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic Wants Your Feedback on The Foundry

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 117 Arc User

Foundry has not been able to let people that join your quests with you in party, rate the foundry, donate to the foundry and more, ever since they removed quest share ability.

Haven't tried it in NW, but in STO you can team if each member gets the quest manually.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • gnosticbossgnosticboss Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    [Q] What do you feel The Foundry does right? What feels good to you and what do you have fun doing? Why are you glad The Foundry was implemented in Neverwinter?

First and foremost I would like to say that it is because of this feature, I came to the game originally. The game itself is very atmospheric and workshop allows you to create the necessary atmosphere for your own quest!
    In the Studio I don't like quite a lot in the first place is that she did not do, do not add new objects, sounds, etc., do not correct mistakes, do not correct work of AI objects, etc.

Of the missing features, I would highlight the inability to customize the difficulty of the NPC and their characteristics, as the equipment of the players is constantly changing, and the NPC remain at a basic level and practically does not pose a threat to the player. Also little attention is paid to light sources and set them up. Very limited number of objects "Sound" for a single card. Very limited number of effects associated with explosions, collapses, dust and others. Very few animations for non-combat NPC. The lack of good rewards for completing quests workshop. But it's nothing compared to the fact that the workshop is working fine for that month!

In the Studio I love to create atmospheric locations, set up the sounds to create unusual situations, and of course fighting.

[Q] How do you feel The Foundry fell short? What do you absolutely hate doing in The Foundry? What are the elements of The Foundry that make you wish it was never implemented in Neverwinter?

In General, the workshop largely met the expectations.

I really don't like to set animation for NPC their selection is very scarce, and if you need to set several consecutive NPC animations, even with movement, it just becomes a mockery.

Not implemented the ability to configure parameters of combat NPC of their complexity.

[Q] What would you add to The Foundry to attract more authors and incentivize content creation? How would you like to see The Foundry implemented?

We need more objects, the freshest, and as such, are nowhere to be found in the game. The ability to create non-linear stories. As well as more animations for the conversations. The opportunity to ask one NPC several consecutive animations, so you don't have to create multiple copies of the same NPC.

And lastly, a few words from myself:
    Give, please, master! Return it to working condition, and allow authors to continue to create! I was left with an unfinished quest that I created a few years and now the workshop has been a very long time, it is very painful!
  • comolhiekcomolhiek Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Are you guys still working on bringing back assets? No pressure, I just wanted to know if you guys are still working towards it and an estimated release date for the assets update. Thanks. :)
  • phoeniciansonphoenicianson Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    comolhiek said:

Are you guys still working on bringing back assets? No pressure, I just wanted to know if you guys are still working towards it and an estimated release date for the assets update. Thanks. :)

^^^

Yes, it would be nice at this point to hear [read] some type of announcement on where Cryptic stands with reintroducing the assets and rekinding the foundy... or not - but I, among a great deal others, sure hope so.
  • danievdwdanievdw Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    If I want to spend 30-60 min on any content, I want some reward for that time spend, at least equal to other content I could have done in that same amount of time. Else what is the incentive to do it ? Stop being greedy. This is the single largest problem with foundry. I won't even bother trying to make content, when I know no one is ever going to play it.
  • andrew12sandrew12s Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Well ... the foundry is back with its assets but not very thoroughly debugged. The maps are back to the black background. Have to play it first and return to the foundry before you can see the base map to put anything on. In addition, the map transitions are non-functional.
    It may not be perfect - YET - but loving Neverwinter's Foundry just the same.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    eldarth said:

So, same as always.

Heya Eldarth! What have you been up to lately? :)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • simplyshawnsimplyshawn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I'm just glad a big step has been taken toward it coming fully back. I knew I'd love it, and I do.

Really, if the map transitions worked, I personally would be totally happy as-is. The other bugs, at least for me, have been pretty minor.
    "Just my thoughts I suppose."

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User

Doing a little SimSettlements modding on Falloujt 4, and impatiently waiting for Divinity II to come out with it's toolset and DM tools.
    edited July 2017
    eldarth said:

..... and impatiently waiting for Divinity II to come out with it's toolset and DM tools.
    Well I would have NEVER GUESSED! ;):sunglasses:

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • lightbringer1102lightbringer1102 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    What do you feel The Foundry does right? What feels good to you and what do you have fun doing? Why are you glad The Foundry was implemented in Neverwinter?

Just the fact that I can use my imagination and creativity to edit great story and challenging campaigns. Afterall, without the foundry it doesn't feel like dungeon and dragons, we all played around a table with a dungeon master? I hope you never get rid of it. It has good tools but It can be way more user friendly.

How do you feel The Foundry fell short? What do you absolutely hate doing in The Foundry? What are elements of The Foundry that make you wish it was never implemented in Neverwinter?

It fell short on the user friendliness and better use of the editing mechanics, especially when it comes to encounters and bosses. Simply put, you need to gives us more options on encounters and give us the full range of Boss mechanics and abilities. Also, give us more behavior mechanics like boss triggers and timers for reinforcements etc.. Ability to make an NPC turn hostile simply with dialog triggers or actions with simpler tools. The "and" "or" functions should be easy to understand instead of using workarounds. We should also be able to edit chests and find nice weapons and armor that we can actually use according to our level just like in the main quests.

What would you add to The Foundry to attract more authors and incentivize content creation? How would you like to see The Foundry implemented?

Make foundry quests in category of player levels (20-30),(30-40),(40-50),(50-60),(60-70) and 70. And give us daily rewards according to our levels by completing player content plus the reward that the author of the quest has implemented. You can set limits like getting a reward once a week and being able to play the same content once a day. The reason I think this will revive the foundry is because people by now leveled up with the main story that was shipped with the game dozens of times and know it by heart, and people want to have a different leveling experience all the time. There is enough content out there where you can level just by doing foundry quests and living a different experience.

Part#1 (Belial) NW-DCVQ737WR
  • lightbringer1102lightbringer1102 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Make foundry quests in category of player levels (20-30),(30-40),(40-50),(50-60),(60-70) and 70. And give us daily rewards according to our levels by completing player content plus the reward that the author of the quest has implemented. You can set limits like getting a reward once a week and being able to play the same content once a day. The reason I think this will revive the foundry is because people by now leveled up with the main story that was shipped with the game dozens of times and know it by heart, and people want to have a different leveling experience all the time. There is enough content out there where you can level just by doing foundry quests.
    Part#1 (Belial) NW-DCVQ737WR
  • marcusveritasmarcusveritas Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    What would I like to see in the Foundry?
    I would like to have ability to tag encounters as friendly, neutral or enemy. Currently the only friendly encounters are guards, and a few different adventurers. Adding this, I believe this would increase the creativity thereby increasing the usage and fun. Also could we have invisible objects that could be also set a friendly or enemy status that could be used to create an atmosphere of training etc.
    edited October 2017
    if there were one, and only one, thing I could ask for from the foundry it would be more accurate bounding boxes for lights. Just being able to truly tell what a light will reach in the 3D editor would be wicked, because this:

You can browse my thread for "The Crypt" for more detail, however, if y'all wanna get crazy with The Foundry - add more sizes/brightness's of static lights - I could stop hiding lights 15-20 units UNDER props hahaha.

I bet you'd get more action/quality on The Foundry if it wasn't so much guess-work to get a set-piece to look "ok" lighting-wise.

I'm sick and have nothing better to do, so I can spend hours getting everything right... most people can't though.

Better bounding-boxes for lights! Seriously :)

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

• arkanargearkanarge Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Not sure if this is recent, I can't even find the foundry section in the forums list and have to resort to search to find some topics? Right now, foundry is broken. Publishing fails and I get teleported back to spawn point whenever I try to leave a zone. Mobs won't spawn even though nothing is wrong with the commands and everything is a mess and unplayable.

Now on to some suggestions, I play foundry to see what other people's stories, I don't play for rewards. I read all the text instead of skimming through just to finish a daily. However, most people don't feel the same way, you can easily exploit the foundry and I think the random loot drop is probably the best way to deal with it.

It would be nice if they added more technical things into the foundry like timers. Right now we use mob timers but they could just add a 30 second timer special to make our lives easier. Harder mobs, sometimes we want our stories to have a grand finale but all we have are "hard" mobs that actually die in 3 hits from anyone whos decently geared. Maybe a hp setting with a maximum so they don't go too crazy. No need for attack attributes because we don't want to insta kill players, thats just bad.

They add new props every expansion which is good but we're definitely missing music. There is barely any happy music, its all just ominous cave music or combat music. They have a thing where users create content for their game on their own free will but becauseits managed badly and most people just want rewards, don't experience everyones hard work. Ya, i'll zip through the main questlines and not read squat because they are professional and get paid, its their job to make good content but when it comes to actual players who do it out of passion, i respect their work. Unless its a generic kill quest on a premade map.
    Pls play my quests :C
    - A World of Wonder ( NWS-DAT9OXYQL )
    - Easterden Horror ( NW-DTIKVUOC3 )
    Please don't get rid of The Foundry. Help those of us who care about it make it matter. It's free content, we just need functioning tools and proper marketing.

I mean, is there something you see that we don't?

I'm hoping the publishing server is down for maintenance and that The Foundry is going to be formally re-launched soon, but reading older posts, it's hard to think that's more than a pipe-dream.

However, if you give us the means, we'll use them.

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

• shyleyahshyleyah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Hello, wonderful, amazing developers, who deeply care about dungeons and dragons, also the franchise of Neverwinter bearing it's name. I am a Founder. I'm also somewhat a member of the Role Play community in your game. Which is why I use the foundry. Now I loved to Role Play in table top DnD, a lot of like minded individuals do the same in your game. We use the foundry to make our homes, combat, and encounters with each other as close to realistic as we can. The foundry may seem insignificant to some but to the role play community it is the core element of what we do on a near daily basis.

At the moment there are serious issues with Publishing. It is common where months to half a year or more where the foundry is down. Then there is lack of care, or effort to fix the issues we face. I understand it's easier to worry about the people who PvP and PvE in this game, what about the sub communities of people? I would hate to think we matter so less that we are neglected. Which brings me to my second point.
    I saw a post from a lady who submitted a ticket to a dev about the publishing bug, and was told to go talk about it on the forums with the community. It feels like no one listens to us, even though now things have changed ever slightly it took serious digging just to find this thread. I would like to see the devs make the Sub communities feel more welcome in Neverwinter, by producing more places where you can hear the feed back about the foundry which is typically more broken then running, I implore you.. please.
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    Just a question and hope to get a respond on this..

I used to work around in Foundry, creating mods based on the old Everquest content which means no lazy quest trails and such.
    It's quite a while now that I was able to proceed with my work because the Foundry is probably neglected by Cryptic for quite some time now.

But how is it possible that (while Foundry is down) there is a new Mod in catalog which is updated on Jan 22, 2018.
    Can someone explain that to me please ?
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    When a quest is republished, the republish date overrides the original publish date. So it will look like all the old content was published within the last week or so. It is pretty confusing.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    I have been playing sense last August. My feedback would be simple: It is down too much. I have attempted to try and play so many times and found it down that it makes the Foundry almost a non-benifit to the game for me. I would love to support it,but based on availability, I can't.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    sorry, wrong topic, i moved to feedback page instead of here, didnt realized it was for foundry.
  • banzaikittenbanzaikitten Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    feedback eh?
    testing stuff is a pain, 8 out of 10 times objectives wont apair ,publishing on live server takes long time.
    closing,reload 4 out of 10 can work in editor play mode, default stuff what normaly works ,suddenly dont work.
    door are still horror.
    alternative options dont always work.
    example.
    1: checking door, responce door is closed
    2: talking to npc, vanish, killing the foo
    3: head back to door, try alternative option, ,in my case, i place a basket that explodes on interact
    door should vanish, OR vanish when placing the basket, while links where proper set.
    4: when fixing, sudenly the publish button is grayed out, saying cant publish ,while all is ok....
  • arkanargearkanarge Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    its greyed out because your currently publishing already. give it 2-4 hours and itll light up again. Unlike the save button, the publish button can't be constantly updated after every little edit.

Also GIVE US THE OPTIONS TO EDIT BEARDS. DARNIT! Dwarf beards don't match the hair color because they only come in a couple of default colors AND THEN YOU DON'T EVEN GIVE US THE COLORS FOR THE HAIR TO MATCH THE BEARD. Instead of dark brown there is only enough for a light, so you got a light brown hair that looks kinda good with the black in it, making it look glossy and groomed. Then this dark brown 1 color static glob of beard. THATS DRIVING ME NUTS. Its been like this for years hasn't it? why haven't you guys gotten to it yet? did ya forget?
    Pls play my quests :C
    - A World of Wonder ( NWS-DAT9OXYQL )
    - Easterden Horror ( NW-DTIKVUOC3 )
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    @zebular

Hello

but Foundry still closed for Drider server.
    Creation is ok, but publication is failed.

no Archer maneken pose :(
    no mimic in combat ;( my mimics doesn't fight.
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• maddllamamaddllama Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    Foundry is awesome. Been making modules since beta... played for a year after release and then left the game. Came back yesterday and found all my modules unpublished. Two are being tagged for profanity where none exists. They had no profanity when I originally published them... but now they do. I get it... new words probably get flagged everyday. Heck, there were ten swedish curse words intermingled in the text I just typed.

Why is this still such a hard problem to get around?

That said, the quests are NW-DARUHD-PTL, Act III: Enter the MAdness, and NW-DOSHEAOLZ, Act IV: The Heart of Madness

Not sure if in-foudry bug reporting works as a ticket system, but that was pretty weak and there was not anyone on that could really help me out.
    5444373MbVxa.png
    @kmhknight

My campaign: The Madness Plague.
    My quest: Blacklake Gold

My guild: "The Older" Age 30+, Casual
    edited April 2018
    maddllama said:

Foundry is awesome. Been making modules since beta... played for a year after release and then left the game. Came back yesterday and found all my modules unpublished.

Hey Maddllama! I remember playing through your content, great module builder!

There a warm seat awaiting you in Tyrs Paladium if you are ever interested ;)

edited April 2018

• maddllamamaddllama Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    Sounds good Aandre... will give you a tell in-game. Wife and I are basically starting over, so Tyr's sounds good (especially since I lost my own guild lol).
    5444373MbVxa.png
    @kmhknight

My campaign: The Madness Plague.
    My quest: Blacklake Gold

My guild: "The Older" Age 30+, Casual
This discussion has been closed.