test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Companion Helper Pack

azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Are these permanent? Or will they vanish when the companion bundles go away?
I've been looking to buy the Less Bonding Runestone that's in it for a while now, so I'm trying to figure out if I need to prioritize getting one of these, or go for one of the mount promos instead.
Artificer.jpg
Post edited by azahron on

Comments

• frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If you just want the lesser bondings, they're 70k ad on the AH. The helper pack doesn't looks that great since you need 90 to get a companion to epic, yet the pack only comes with 45. Even uncommon to rare costs 60.

Anyway I presume it's temporary.
    Edit: reading the news post, it actually seems like it's a permanent addition.
  • azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    If you just want the lesser bondings, they're 70k ad on the AH. The helper pack doesn't looks that great since you need 90 to get a companion to epic, yet the pack only comes with 45. Even uncommon to rare costs 60.

Anyway I presume it's temporary.
    Edit: reading the news post, it actually seems like it's a permanent addition.

Ah, last time I checked I didn't find any on the AH. Granted, that was months ago, maybe they were too shiny and new at the time.
    Thanks! I'll grab one from the AH instead then! :D
    Artificer.jpg
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Is it just lesser bonding runestones and companion XP tomes, or does it have the upgrade tokens to increase their rank as well?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited December 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Is it just lesser bonding runestones and companion XP tomes, or does it have the upgrade tokens to increase their rank as well?

I kind of already answered that :x
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    I kind of already answered that :x

Sorry, just skimmed the thread. Yeah - 45 upgrade tokens seems a bit low, like you pointed out. Thanks!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Sorry, just skimmed the thread. Yeah - 45 upgrade tokens seems a bit low, like you pointed out. Thanks!
    However if you already have 45 from opening lockboxes, it ends up being the price of the upgrade and you get a bonding stone so not a bad deal in that case.
    edited December 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    However if you already have 45 from opening lockboxes, it ends up being the price of the upgrade and you get a bonding stone so not a bad deal in that case.

That's kind of like saying, "I found a tenner on the floor, therefore the coal ward price is pretty decent". Aren't tokens from lockboxes meant to be pretty bad too? Either way, it doesn't change the fact that the pack isn't quite well thought out. Most of the cost appears to be in the xp codexs. I wonder what level that would bring it up.
  • garyn10garyn10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If any dev is reviewing, will the upgrade token tokens be available outside of the helper pack? I have a few companions but I do not have anywhere near enough to warrant an increase in the inactive slots. I would like to just buy the upgrade coins. Thoughts?
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    garyn10 wrote: »
    If any dev is reviewing, will the upgrade token tokens be available outside of the helper pack? I have a few companions but I do not have anywhere near enough to warrant an increase in the inactive slots. I would like to just buy the upgrade coins. Thoughts?

I don't think they will ever sell tokens separately AND for less than what's needed to upgrade them via AD. So, if it ever happens, expect 60 tokens = 1000 Zen (or so), you can as well convert zen to AD and upgrade your companions with AD.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    charononus wrote: »

The drop rate to get 30 Tokens of the companion boxes is pretty low, like 100 to 1 or similar. Tokens are more expensive as ADs.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!