test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[QoL] Refine Without Identifying

tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Please allow artifact equipment refinement to take unidentified items.

All the refinement process case about is if it's an equip-able item, and if it's lv 60, both of which can be determined without actually identifying the item itself. I am not so much concerned about the price of identifying scroll, but the process of having to right click and click on every single item is beyond tedious.

Please consider.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    That is a great idea! +100! :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    I feel that when you refine an unidentified item, it would require you to have enough ID Scrolls of the proper level on you and then automatically use them when pressing refine. I don't feel that we should be able to refine unidentified items without first needing to refine them in some method. That just doesn't make sense from a wizardly stand-point. I'd be weary of any meddler that tries to deconstruct a magical item with unknown properties. But yes, as I am slowly gaining more artifact equipment, this is quickly becoming an increasingly tedious task on top of an already tedious mechanic.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    In my opinion this is unlikely to happen. Identifying gear is a big part of dnd, and the process may even be mandated by wotc.
    edited December 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    I feel that when you refine an unidentified item, it would require you to have enough ID Scrolls of the proper level on you and then automatically use them when pressing refine. I don't feel that we should be able to refine unidentified items, that just doesn't make sense from a wizardly stand-point. I'd be weary of any meddler that tries to deconstruct a magical item with unknown properties...
    Let em try, 20% chance of a curse of -6 to a random stat for 120 hours of played time.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Let em try, 20% chance of a curse of -6 to a random stat for 120 hours of played time.
    You know, I wish we had more curse/repercussion mechanics like this that actually make people think and choose risk vs reward, like it is in table-top D&D. I would be all for this, either choose to ID your item first or take the chance of a magical catastrophe. Still, it would be nice if the Refine window let us automatically ID items upon pressing refine, as long as we had enough ID scrolls.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Something needs to be done because it's a pita. Then again I'm sorted with stacks of lesser res stones so it's not my problem luckily.
  • tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I feel that when you refine an unidentified item, it would require you to have enough ID Scrolls of the proper level on you and then automatically use them when pressing refine. I don't feel that we should be able to refine unidentified items without first needing to refine them in some method. That just doesn't make sense from a wizardly stand-point. I'd be weary of any meddler that tries to deconstruct a magical item with unknown properties. But yes, as I am slowly gaining more artifact equipment, this is quickly becoming an increasingly tedious task on top of an already tedious mechanic.

That sounds reasonable to me. As long as the manual mouse click can be bypassed.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014

Sounds great to me.

On top of that I said this about refinement before...

I really want that drop down to become relevant...really...

I DO NOT WANT TO REFINE PURPLE AND BLUE ENCHANTS OR ITEMS.
    Well I may...but I am more likely to be refining white and green items...

For the love of all that is just reverse the order of the drop down so I don't have to keep scrolling down over and over again. I don't understand why so many people even use the drop down in its current state. Clicking and dragging is faster and less repetitive.
    edited December 2014
    Sounds great to me.

On top of that I said this about refinement before...

I really want that drop down to become relevant...really...

I DO NOT WANT TO REFINE PURPLE AND BLUE ENCHANTS OR ITEMS.
    Well I may...but I am more likely to be refining white and green items...

For the love of all that is just reverse the order of the drop down so I don't have to keep scrolling down over and over again. I don't understand why so many people even use the drop down in its current state. Clicking and dragging is faster and less repetitive.

Best use of the drop down atm imo is to double check you didn't miss anything if your bags are an unorganized disaster like mine usually are.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Best use of the drop down atm imo is to double check you didn't miss anything if your bags are an unorganized disaster like mine usually are.

During the first double refinement weekend people were having an issue with "refinement causing crashes." I couldn't figure out why I wasn't crashing while forum users and guild members were until a guild member mentioned they use the drop down instead of clicking and dragging.

My Response: "WWWHHHHHHHYYYYYYYY!?!?!?"

For some reason people use it.
    edited December 2014
    During the first double refinement weekend people were having an issue with "refinement causing crashes." I couldn't figure out why I wasn't crashing while forum users and guild members were until a guild member mentioned they use the drop down instead of clicking and dragging.

My Response: "WWWHHHHHHHYYYYYYYY!?!?!?"

For some reason people use it.
    I remember that, I had the same reaction.
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I feel that when you refine an unidentified item, it would require you to have enough ID Scrolls of the proper level on you and then automatically use them when pressing refine. I don't feel that we should be able to refine unidentified items without first needing to refine them in some method. ... But yes, as I am slowly gaining more artifact equipment, this is quickly becoming an increasingly tedious task on top of an already tedious mechanic.

This I like as an idea. Somewhat reduces the annoyance of using the clunky design without changing the overall mechanics.