test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I Am Very Happy With The New DC Changes

mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
edited January 2015 in The Temple
I kinda resisted when the changes were announced before the last Module release, but I am happy to say that I am really enjoying the new DC.

I grinded Well Of Dragons and I now have the Draconic Templar set along with the new Off-hand from there. Those two Overload Slots are sweet.

I can now pretty much clear most Heroic Encounters in Well Of Dragons AND, .... Icewind Dale. Yes, that's right, Icewind Dale is now FUN. Give it a try.

My Gear Score is almost 18K so its not even maxed and wont be for a long time.

My main encounters for solo play are Astral Shield, Divine Glow and Chains.

Add in all the Dragon Hoard Enchants, and I now do all the old daily zones because I get Refinement Stone drops. You can cut through Sharander, Dread Ring etc even easier now.

The artifacts are the greatest part of this game because its basically the end-game for me. I go everywhere to get refinement items.
twitch.tv/kaligold
Post edited by mrvincent1959 on

Comments

• thewolfisloosethewolfisloose Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If I could make a suggestion: don't use Astral Shield for solo play. Use Daunting Light. Fully empowered it will make short work of most solo-content mobs. In divine mode it will kill the smaller trash. You don't need the extra protection if you are aggressive and can dodge.

I would disagree that artifacts are the greatest part of this game. Sure they make you stronger and getting them to purple is not terribly hard for casuals (me). But I'll never get one to orange, let alone 7. Plus my alts. The whole concept of artifacts feels off. What is this process of mashing some equipment into another one to make it stronger, a process i can do on horseback with no instruments or acquired knowledge. It just all feels forced.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yup. Everything OP said, and then some.
    Best part: DC is actually FUN to play now.
  • raist724raist724 Member Posts: 46
    edited December 2014
    Yup. Everything OP said, and then some.
    Best part: DC is actually FUN to play now.

More like DC is extremely EASY to play now and requires no skill in PvP anymore
    Wake | Halfling | DC
    Raist Torilrocker | Dwarf | DCWaterdeep Dungeon & Salvage LLC
    http://www.twitch.tv/raist718/profile
  • teekohpek00teekohpek00 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    raist724 wrote: »

I do not agree with raist724 about the PvP part... My DC is still having ALOT of problems with the TRs with perma stealth.
  • sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Totally not happy with DC changes. I like that I can kill faster. Don't like god mode.. and I do not even bother with divine/empowered.. because it is a major pain in the buttocks. Even without it everything dies lickety split and I cannot die. This sucks. Fix it.
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Please elaborate.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Translation: now requires actual *skill* to compete against DC.
    Pffft.
    edited December 2014
    Translation: now requires actual *skill* to compete against DC.
    Pffft.

Because now you don't actually have do anything to heal your party in PvP is skill?

50k heals to an entire party is totally pro with no work other than some self heals around the campfire while making smores.

In GS top tier 200k to 400k pop heals on a team mate across the map is pro also.

Having a tank DC with gear is no fun and requires no skill. It is just not fun. Why do you think there is so little top tier players on the leaderboard compared to last module.

The only thing I enjoy is being called out for playing FOTM when it is my only class since launch.
    I do not agree with raist724 about the PvP part... My DC is still having ALOT of problems with the TRs with perma stealth.

TR is the only thing that can kill a DC, and they better be the same or higher GS and use the correct rotation. If that DC is at full health and has the right amount of healing stored it will take 2 rotations of CC to burst down the DC. Even then the domination maps are not always large enough to keep the DC from escaping or finding help. GWF can get lucky against a DC also but those GWF spec and gear for multi crit are rare.
    Wake | Halfling | DC
  • isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    dc has really weak but now they are too strong just like trs. I am a fan of 2 people needed to kill a healing specced dc after all they cannot kill someone. I think the devs missed their mark here also because i recall them making some changes saying that "they want dcs to rely on their on skills not the skills/competence of their on teammates." The faithful tree is an abomination because of the insane healing that procs. Virtuoso is amazing because they are really tanky and require skills to play and be devastating in a pvp match. Faithful is easy mode and dps is even easier. Break the spirit dot spam. A lot of mmorpgs have suffered from badly design dot mechanic and this one is up there. As i also think dcs should have a dps option, i do not think their defensive capabilities from astral shield to be as strong as it is. I have been playing on my dps dc and it is more fun than my gf simply because it is extremely easy for me to land attacks, and just get empowered astral shield up and be near godlike.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    1. DCs as currently designed are a better fit into the game time stream as it is. During Mod 3 it was well behind other classes as a general rule (the other class was a GF)
    2. DCs have some options in PVP now, you can go full heal mode using faithful, or full dps mode, or a mixture of either and still throw out some useful debuffs. If you go righteous you can finally work on those double kills we all missed on in the last couple of mods.
    3. Regardless of whether you think they are easier or not, the game has changed, mod 3 DC was just too far behind, I played EVERY class through IWD, and DC was by far the longest, with GF behind that class, every other class was a much easier during that time-frame (my 12k SW could easily outperform the DC there, with no sets, artifact weapons or anything, just junk gear frankly, something wasnt working on the DC based on this alone.)
    4. Wasnt exactly what I was looking for (I wanted a general game redesign on defense stats, not just for the DC, as a rule defense stats ARE not performing anywhere on par with offense stats, so a 4k defense, 2k deflect, 35 AC DC, was pretty weak and still is, due to them not giving actual weight to these stats, they haven't really worked imo since pre tenacity, when I used to be able to sit around in my shield on node and take all sorts of abuse (even though my stats were like 1/3 less then they are today. But even if wasn't what I wanted, this is STILL better then it was.
    5. In respect to use of empowerment, its something Ive grown accustomed to and can natural keep track of now, its pretty easy for goodness sake, 3 glowy balls and use it on your next non divine encounter. Frankly, those who are struggling with this at this point, I just dont know what to say.

THIS DC isnt all that removed from end of mod 1/start of mod 2 DC, before the power explosion happened. I could easily at that stage be #1 across the board during most skirmishes, and 1-2 across the board in DD's , while being competitive in PVP. Some of you who might have started post tenacity, will have no knowledge of how strong this class was, Im glad its back, as I had it on the back-burner for some time. (I changed to a AC during its release and had some fun with it, but shelved the entire class for pvp during mod 3 and 4, not that you couldnt win (especially 3, 4 was tough on all classes with those darn glyphs and CW changes at the time)

Even if you DONT love some of the changes, stating its not better, isnt correct, clearly it is.
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm quite hesitant to agree that DC has "improved". BUT, only just superficially (divinity spam). And on that context, I'll agree that DC is "better" than before. Perhaps the Gift of faith needs a tiny bit of tone down BUT that cannot happen without FIRST reducing DPS by 1/4 across ALL classes (TR needs more reduction) and Healing depression and Righteousness class mechanic removed.

If nothing else, playing a DC makes you think you can be quite the accomplished pianist.
  • fuglymookfuglymook Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Every class (maybe with the exception of GF) blows through trash mobs now why should DC be any different? TRs can just hit smoke bomb, go invisible, watch things die in mass. Whining about PVP in Neverwinter is too funny!!! Seriously PVP in this game is just awful and it would be best to just remove it totally as according to the DEVS only 5% of the Dragon server actually PVP. DnD is about dungeon crawling.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    fuglymook wrote: »
    Every class (maybe with the exception of GF) blows through trash mobs now why should DC be any different? TRs can just hit smoke bomb, go invisible, watch things die in mass. Whining about PVP in Neverwinter is too funny!!! Seriously PVP in this game is just awful and it would be best to just remove it totally as according to the DEVS only 5% of the Dragon server actually PVP. DnD is about dungeon crawling.

I could not have said it better myself regarding PVP. I personally think people who like pvp should go play League Of Legends.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
    edited December 2014
    PvP requires way more skill than PvE in NW and in any MMO in general. PvP in this game is not awful, and was not awful for DC prior to this patch. For DC it required a tremendous amount of skill to be successful and now it requires very little skill. And the best PvPers are always the best PvEers in every MMO.
    Wake | Halfling | DC
  • unstablevikingunstableviking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I kinda resisted when the changes were announced before the last Module release, but I am happy to say that I am really enjoying the new DC.

I grinded Well Of Dragons and I now have the Draconic Templar set along with the new Off-hand from there. Those two Overload Slots are sweet.

I can now pretty much clear most Heroic Encounters in Well Of Dragons AND, .... Icewind Dale. Yes, that's right, Icewind Dale is now FUN. Give it a try.

My Gear Score is almost 18K so its not even maxed and wont be for a long time.

My main encounters for solo play are Astral Shield, Divine Glow and Chains.

Add in all the Dragon Hoard Enchants, and I now do all the old daily zones because I get Refinement Stone drops. You can cut through Sharander, Dread Ring etc even easier now.

The artifacts are the greatest part of this game because its basically the end-game for me. I go everywhere to get refinement items.

What are you, an AC or DO, and what tree did you choose?
  • fuglymookfuglymook Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    PvP requires way more skill than PvE in NW and in any MMO in general. PvP in this game is not awful, and was not awful for DC prior to this patch. For DC it required a tremendous amount of skill to be successful and now it requires very little skill. And the best PvPers are always the best PvEers in every MMO.

LAWL, PVPers are generally the worst at PVE in every MMO as it is a different way to play. PVP in this game is atrociously bad as compared to other games. Not much skill needed when PVPers flock to the new OP class of the month in droves. The best thing about Neverwinter is its combat system. Changes made to placate whiny PVPers ruin PVE and if the PVE side of this game gets much worse this game is toast. PVP will not carry this game forward.