test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tiamat Blue dragon lighting-invisible death-: what graphics setting shall i turn on?

kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Does anybody knows what (probably) graphics setting shall be turned on to actually SEE the blue lightning aoe warning red mark?

My guildies with high end PCs and full graphics setting are stating that they are seeing it so there must be something to to be turned on!
They are warning me on TS actually...

Its a very annoying attack. Losing all potions and typically 3-5 ppl always dying after lighting attack and campfire is filling with crowd after.

While I am on the floor and dead I can see the lightning.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This issue is supposedly being fixed in the next patch.

I don't have any issues seeing the blue circle, however I had to tone down a lot of things myself. The only thing that comes to mind is the "visual fx quality". I have it set to high. I've noticed that on my hell hound mount, if I set it anything lower than high (medium or less), it doesn't display the crater effect, only the blaze of fire. Not sure what else to tell you.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Not really sure myself, obviously is a bug that should be fixed. Another thing that I dislike is that it appears to chain or something outside of the aoe with little visual indication that it does so. There are some faint sparks outside but it should be more obvious or fixed if it's not intended to work that way.
  • Options
    bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've only seen the visual fx quality setting affect anything other than performace is when i set it to low. I have it set to medium and i can see the blue dragon's aoe.

And yes, the attack is a chain lightning, so it can hit you even if you're not standing in the red circle, but you're standing close to someone getting hit. It's bounces 2-3 times, haven't really counted it, but you can get hit even if you're standing pretty far away from the red zone.
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thanks. visual FX did the trick in my case.
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Not really sure myself, obviously is a bug that should be fixed. Another thing that I dislike is that it appears to chain or something outside of the aoe with little visual indication that it does so. There are some faint sparks outside but it should be more obvious or fixed if it's not intended to work that way.

I've died a few dozen times to this....
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Another thing that I dislike is that it appears to chain or something outside of the aoe with little visual indication that it does so.

I quickly figured that one out.. there really is no indication prior that it's chain lightning. When I see the blue lightning circle, I get away as far as I can (without leaving my cleric zone) and that includes not standing next to players.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg