test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Poor Shaders FPS - Example (Slime, Slime Mount, Lantern DPS Artifact)

tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I really hope someone can shed some light on this.

I noticed an extreme FPS drop whenever I encounter a Slime mount, a slime monster, or the worst impactful problem is the DPS Lantern Artifact light effect when I use it. Instant drop in framerate to 10 from 100+.

I think it is an issue with the shaders NWN uses as I can get around this by setting the shader quality to LOW but that is not how I want to setup NW, its ugly like that. My system is way over recommended spec, overkill for NW.

There is an issue.

I normally have 100+ FPS (144Hz Monitor) and then hit my Lantern wham down to like 10FPS! A slime mount is just as bad. When I did the story quest where you encounter the slime it was unplayable like 1FPS. Almost died on that one and just got lucky mashing buttons.

Something is "wrong" either on the driver side or in the way the game is generating the effects. :(

My system:
(3) GTX980 with nVidia 344.80 drivers
Windows 8.1
NW is loaded on an M.2 SSD
OS is also on the M.2
16GB DDR4
i7 5930K

EDIT:
I noticed this problem a year ago too on my old system but only in the slime encounter, I didn't make a stink about it because slimes are rarely encountered. But now with the Lantern, it's a different story. Using that in a dungeon is like asking to die.
Post edited by tantrumusmaximus on

Comments

• walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    this is well known. even with everything set to MIN across the board I still get FPS lags.
    not as bad, but still bad.
    system isn't a beast but no slouch either, intel dual 3.0ghz, GTX275, 6gb ram etc etc