test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Several Bugs with the Renegade changes as of 12/12

wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
EDIT: Most things mentioned below have been discussed and turned out to not be 100% valid.
At the end of the day, only the Critrate displayed in the Charsheet is flawed when you remove Chilling Presence. Moreover, dummies are not affected by powers like Sudden Storm, Oppressive Force and Icy Terrain once they went below 0 hp which caused massive confusion on my end and eventually made me create this thread.

Hi all,

I just felt like popping on the preview shard since I wanted to try out the apparently fixed Chilling Advantage.

Before I go into any details on what appears to be broken etc, let me introduce you to the test environment:

Used SS/Rene Build
Rotation: CoI(Tab), SS, IT, ST | CP, SS | CC, x | OF, x

Boons:
T=Top;B=Bottom;n=last boon from the top
  • Shar: B,B,T,T,3
  • DR: T,T,B,T,3
  • IWD: B,B,B,3
  • ToD: T,B,B

All tests have been done in the Trade of Blades -> 3 lined up dummies.

Last note: This was jsut a quick test without any intention to optimize anything - just to get a first impression on the whole Chilling Advantage Rene thing.

Most Critical Observation

EDIT: Reason for this: Dummy went below 0 HP. Not sure, if this can apply to any real monsters since they usually are dead then. Certain bosses come to mind, though. Furthermore, Icy Terrain is affected by this as well.

9ipYn92.png
algjgwF.png
7qYPtha.png
1x43ftM.png

While the first and second picture might be of some interest to some of you, the really relevant information is contained within pictures 3 and 4.

If you look at the pictures you might get the impression, that I casted OF and Sudden Storm only a few times. Actually however, I used them whenever off C/D.

So, to sum it up:

Both OF and Sudden Storm don't always hit targets. In about 50% of the time they don't hit anything at all. The 50% is a rough guesstimate from this very test scenario. Further tests are required to a) figure out the percentage and more importantly b) find the reason for those powers not interacting with possible targets.

Further observations:

If you take a look at the overall crit% you're looking at 48%. This is far lower than what one would expect with all the renegade buffs to crit chance. Especially since Chaotic Nexus (+30% crit%) was up roughly half the time (I can provide a screenshot if needed). The fact that Chilling Presence/Advantage was slotted/feated just amplifies the confusion the low overall percentage causes.

Let's do a quick addition on what THEORETICALLY should be the expected chance:
Char Sheet (Crit Stat 2394 + Cha 21): 32,2% (It actually still displays 42.2% with CP unslotted [bug])
+CP (10%)
+CNexus (30%*.5=15%)
=57,2%
Even while attacking for roughly 5 minutes is a relatively short amount of time for precise results and taking into consideration that having OF and SS not hit their targets might also offset the result - this is alarming. We're looking at a discrepancy of about 10%. And which feated Class Feature grants 10% Crit% again?

For comparison, in a test I did just before that with SS/Thaum and CP/SS slotted, same rotation I ended up with 36%. Given the bonus of CNexus which was up roughly 50% of the time these numbers approximately add up (again, short duration of the test).

Again - this was just a brief test since I wanted to get a quick impression of the potential of the "now working..." Renegade Tree. Seems like I'll have to wait for another build.

Thoughts? Did I miss something? Any Errors on my end?

Cheers
Post edited by wixxgs1cht on

Comments

• Options
    xylocainexylocaine Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    wixxgs1cht wrote: »
    [...] Both OF and Sudden Storm don't always hit targets. In about 50% of the time they don't hit anything at all. The 50% is a rough guesstimate from this very test scenario. Further tests are required to a) figure out the percentage and more importantly b) find the reason for those powers not interacting with possible targets. [...]
    Yes, I had the same issues during testing. Sometimes OP/SS are bugged, but in combination with dummies - change instance resolve it on live server. Unfortunately, in test shard that cannot be done, so you have to wait until dummies/skills fix itself. Usually when that bug occurs - one of the dummies doesn't freeze from Chill stacks additionally. I didn't noticed those bugs on regular mobs, so I think it's related to dummies only.
    wixxgs1cht wrote: »
    [...]
    If you take a look at the overall crit% you're looking at 48%. This is far lower than what one would expect with all the renegade buffs to crit chance. Especially since Chaotic Nexus (+30% crit%) was up roughly half the time (I can provide a screenshot if needed). The fact that Chilling Presence/Advantage was slotted/feated just amplifies the confusion the low overall percentage causes.

Let's do a quick addition on what THEORETICALLY should be the expected chance:
    Char Sheet (Crit Stat 2394 + Cha 21): 32,2% (It actually still displays 42.2% with CP unslotted [bug])
    +CP (10%)
    +CNexus (30%*.5=15%)
    =57,2%
    Even while attacking for roughly 5 minutes is a relatively short amount of time for precise results and taking into consideration that having OF and SS not hit their targets might also offset the result - this is alarming. We're looking at a discrepancy of about 10%. And which feated Class Feature grants 10% Crit% again?
    [...]
    Yes, Chilling Presence is bugged now, when you slot it and then unslott/overwrite with another passive - that +10% is still there until relog, change instance or death.

Chaotic Nexus is one of 3 possible effects, so it uptime is 1/3 = +10% Critical Chance, not +15%. On your screens fight duration is 6 minutes, Chaotic Nexus occurs 12 times * 10 sec = 120 sec = 2 min. It's correct.

Low critical on your ACT results is from the short battle time, I did much longer fights and critical chance matches flawless.
  • Options
    yalaiayalaia Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm a little bit surprised about the crit's of Storm Spell. I expected to see a 100% crit as it should only be triggered on crit's and thus be a crit as well. Funny...

As Storm Spell is about ~25% of all hits this is INHO one reason for the discrepancies. Another is the low crit's on CoI with only 39%, so bad luck maybe for this ~ 40% of the hits. IT looks strange only 70 hits on three dummies with Dot ticks...
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, I jumped on the PTR again and did some extended tests which actually returned closer to the expected crit%. Also yeah, my math probably was slightly off, thanks for pointing that out, xylocaine.

So bottom line is - everything seems to work fine contrary to what my OP states. I apologize for that. However I'm glad it's not completely useless since it points out the flaws with the displayed Crit% in the Charsheet as well as the bugged dummies ;)

Cheers.