test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patrolling Contacts No Longer Stop

imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Foundry
Another change... and a big one for me.

If you have a contact on a patrol, and you interact with it, it keeps right on walking now and interrupts the conversation. You effectively can't talk to them.

They used to stop, and then progress on after the conversation.

This really screws with a couple of my quests. *sigh*

-- @Gruffydd
Post edited by imaginaerum1 on

Comments

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Put it in an actual bug report and I'll add yet another link to the ever-growing list.
  • idiotamongusidiotamongus Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    As far as I've seen, this is only with single point patrolling. Looped patrols I don't think have any effect.
    Neverwinter
    STO
    Smite
    SWTOR
  • andrew12sandrew12s Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have found out that when using a looping patrol in an interior module, no matter how slight you adjust the patrol points you get an "Invalid Patrol" error message. The patrols march around ok but you get that yellow ? that prevents you from publishing it. I did turn in a bug report. Outdoors it works just fine.
    It may not be perfect - YET - but loving Neverwinter's Foundry just the same.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2014
    andrew12s wrote: »
    I have found out that when using a looping patrol in an interior module, no matter how slight you adjust the patrol points you get an "Invalid Patrol" error message. The patrols march around ok but you get that yellow ? that prevents you from publishing it. I did turn in a bug report. Outdoors it works just fine.

I didn't see anything in the Bug Reports forum topic -- post one there. It's hard to tell if the in-game bug reporting works at all since you can never search for an existing entry and never find submitted tickets. If you put one in the Bug Report forum, I can link to it and it can remain visible to the public at least.
  • idiotamongusidiotamongus Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    ...It's hard to tell if the in-game bug reporting works at all since you can never search for an existing entry and never find submitted tickets...

It depends on urgency. I had to submit a bug report due to my computer suffering from a GUI misplacement glitch about a month ago (The one where text is slightly off the GUI button and the stamina bar is less than it's usual size) which I've heard is common. It was fixed within a few days.

Depending on priority, they will only fix it on the next maintenance or patch or even the next main mod. There are some few cases where they are ignored but only because they probably know about it already.
    Neverwinter
    STO
    Smite
    SWTOR
    edited December 2014
    It depends on urgency. I had to submit a bug report due to my computer suffering from a GUI misplacement glitch about a month ago (The one where text is slightly off the GUI button and the stamina bar is less than it's usual size) which I've heard is common. It was fixed within a few days.

Yep.
    Common = Many of "The General Populace" (aka "non-foundry users")
    Urgency = "hindering Zen button pushes/sales"