test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WoD - Dragons go wandering

ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
It has happened several times now where for no apparent reason the dragon will go wandering away from the circle. The group follows and damages it but at some point it resets its hit points and starts to wander back to the circle, but is unable to be hit until it gets back to the circle, whereupon it starts to wander again.

This has happened at least 3 times that I have witness. One was the green another the blue and just a few minutes ago the red did it. No apparent reason, I thought maybe someone was intentionally dragging them away after trying to fight it solo, but that is not the case, it does it on it's own.

The end result is that you end up missing out on one of the dragons when doing the event. This needs to be fixed ASAP
Post edited by ashkedawn on

Comments

• vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I like it when they move around. More realistic than a dragon appearing and then just sitting in a circle waiting for someone to attack it. I kinda wish they moved around by default and went looking for adventurers to eat.
  • ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I agree, I thought it was someone trying to move the dragon or try to escape by running away, but I don't believe this is the case. This last time with the red, after it came back to the circle and we could hit it again, there was enough damage being done that a single person wouldn't have been able to drag it away. I think they are bugged.

But even if they are not bugged in that way and it is indeed some idiot pulling them away. Their hit points should not reset, we should still be able to damage it and kill it. So if it wandering is not a bug, it's hp resetting certainly is.
    edited December 2014
    When there are 2 dozen other people tossing spells at it and whacking away on it with weapons, I am sure someone would have taken the threat away.

Again this is assuming that it is indeed someone purposely dragging it away or trying to escape it, which as I said I do not believe to be the case. A person running with 2 dozen others trying to kill it, threat would have transferred over from the runner.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    The only exception I've encountered are black dragon cultist, who stay hulk even after the reset. That probably is a bug.

I have actually observed them in the Well shrinking back down after somebody else runs away so maybe a fixed bug now.

With regard to wandering dragons, it could happen with the other heroics as well. It was explained, logically if not guaranteed accurately, as the dragon getting stuck aggroed to somebody who got sent to the campfire. Their attempted pathing does seem to back this up.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited December 2014
    Ah, now that I had not considered...them moving to the campfire. And thinking of the general movements of the three I have seen doing this, that actually could be exactly what they are doing...pathing to the campfire.

So is that a bug then? I mean they shouldn't be pathing to the campfire right?

And further, why wouldn't anyone else be able to take aggro away from the dead guy at the campfire? Another bug or rather part of the same bug?
  • awoowoo#4143 awoowoo Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ashkedawn wrote: »
    Again this is assuming that it is indeed someone purposely dragging it away or trying to escape it, which as I said I do not believe to be the case.
    I've witnessed a few occasions where someone ran up to the dragon, hit it once and then ran away. In those instances if the zerg isn't there to deal with it, the dragon runs off and continues to chase that person even after they are long gone before resetting. Whether or not all these people realize that they're causing it, it's not being done from an ordinary case of someone fighting it and trying to get away.

I have yet to see a dragon run away without player intervention.