test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do you like Tiamat's current queue system?

rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
edited December 2014 in PvE Discussion
I would like to know if the Neverwinter community approves of the current system wherein you randomly go into instances, parties are meaningless, people are unable to group up or sync-queue to play with their friends.
Post edited by rashylewizz on

Comments

• Options
    dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    what kind of stupid question is that.
  • Options
    ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Why put a poll? That's like asking "Do you like food that tastes good or tastes bad?" Tiamat event isnt about skill. Right now its just RNG on the group you get. Doesnt matter how good you are if you get afkers and people kiting a few adds around while the heads are up. They found a way to even make events about RNG. And to think I thought they were going in the right direction with allowing people to farm to get gear (Linu farm with turn ins) instead of just pure RNG. Now they just take a step back by making events RNG on groups. If not fixed they will lose members fast. If I cant do group content with people I know there is no reason playing.
  • Options
    nobodyz91nobodyz91 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    NO! i want alliance group of 25ppl. like all good games.
  • Options
    sireuainsireuain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    False dichotomy -- I understand and like the idea of a boss fight that takes a limited number of semi-random players. The problem is, this is not the fight for that. Tiamat requires a great deal more coordination and instruction than can be expected in a forced PUG, particularly since the players have no means to communicate effectively across their instance (zone chat is invariably filled with confusing spam). Combine this with frequent lag issues, and it's more an exercise in frustration.

I would prefer that the devs simply remove the subsequent "protect the cleric" phases after the first, and let us simply hammer Tiamat, at least until we can either organize our own raids or at least get instance, not zone, chat.
  • Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I actually like the way it is now. It make people meet each other and work together towards a common goal. This is a skill deeply lacking in the gaming community these days. Everyone is too selfish and rude and egotistical, and they could use some practice in forming a community rather than just cliques.
  • Options
    marhabumarhabu Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i second izatar's opinion
  • Options
    bluemooncs11bluemooncs11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    pugs with 10k gs comes in and we cant find a way to get 25 guild member in the same instance ... wasted my time hole day for win it 1/9games ...are they kidding me? im 23 k gs with 25 guild member who just abandonate because we couldnt find each other in same instance + pugs arent listening well nice try cryptic but failed again (i will not talk about tr enought for today)

PS : give us a normal que system as the GG or any dunjon
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I find that some unlucky groups gets some people who just wants to afk and get their fail reward, or hope to be carried by doing nothing. They enter inside, doesn't say a word, doesn't form a party, just sits at campfire or stairs and watches.

How do you expect us to work a community that have randoms like that who don't want to communicate to make things work?

Right now the system just fills in whoever clicks on the door to the next instance until it's full. It upsets people who actually want to play with their friends.

I also suggest a queue system like GG PVP, where the party leader queues up, whether he's by himself or with a full group. Let it fill up the spots that was first. Most people plays a MMO with friends or guild, so let them.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    I'm closing this as there is an acknowledged issue with getting in as a group. Having a poll based on a faulty system is a bit redundant and granted, at the time of the OP's starter post, it wasn't known that there was an issue. So, now that we know, let's stick to the feedback thread please, where the Devs are looking for said feedback. Thanks!

Tiamat Encounter - Community Feedback Thread

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.