test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Daily Astral Diamond Refining Limit Needs Increase.

mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
The end game building of character's items now require much more Astral Diamonds (AD) then before. I would like to request that this AD limit be raised.

Maybe it could be raised based on some type of progression system. For example, someone with a Gear Score of 10000 could be allowed to refine more AD than someone with a lower Gear Score. This is just an example of what might be done, there might be a better way.

I am thinking that the new refining and artifact system is probably the biggest contributor to this issue. The effort and cost to advance artifacts and gems needs to scale with the amount of AD we have available.

The only other option I can think of if this is not possible is to redesign the refinement system to one which is more based on hard work than on the amount of AD we have which is more a function of daily limits.

thank you
twitch.tv/kaligold
Post edited by mrvincent1959 on

Comments

• blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    no, you increase the refinement limit you increase what you were trying to buy. 1 diamond for example today may buy 1 apple, but you raise the refinement that money for 1 apple only gets you half an apple instead.

you want refine more AD / day make a new character like the rest of us and send stuff to refine or gather unrefined AD there.

creating inflation of diamonds is not needed - there is enough exploiters trying to do this as we speak.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeh, it will be so much fun doing TOD on multiple characters....NOT!
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think it's better to have people stuck with millions of RAD (i'm one of them) than have the 10 million ZEN backlog and crazy AH prices do to AD inflation.
  • mier1012mier1012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What blacksladdi said. If you raise the limit on how much AD can be refined daily then the prices will just rise on stacks of RP items. You will still be in the same boat that you are in currently.
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeh, it will be so much fun doing TOD on multiple characters....NOT!

i said nothing about needing to do anything on multiple characters, you want to pay more money for something that is your own fantasy. I for one do not want to pay more for what I wish to buy on the AH now so you can see bigger refinement numbers. Besides zax is limited to 500 diamonds per zen and will likely not increase so you'll see alot of unhappy people a week or two after this proposed change.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    As I say every time one of these threads appear:

An increase in refinement limit will cause everything to go up in value and we'd be right back here with people asking for it to be increased again because they cannot afford things once again. No, rasing the amount of AD in the game is not the answer. Reducing it is, by means of many more small and encouraged repeat purchase AD (and even RAD) sinks. We also need some of our current sinks to cost less, so they are used more, such as mount and companion upgrading.

So, we need:
    • More cheap AD Sinks that encourage repeat purchases.
    • Cheaper costs on current sinks we have now for repeat purchases (mount and companion upgrades, transmutes, etc.)
    • Things to spend Rough Astral Diamonds on.

We don't need:
    • More AD in the game.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    As I have stated in my original post - if AD can't be increased, then the refinement system needs an overhaul.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    As I have stated in my original post - if AD can't be increased, then the refinement system needs an overhaul.
    The RAD Refinement System is fine. We just need more, cheap and repeat things to spend our AD (and RAD) on that get taken out of the game (sinks). Less AD in the economy means things will cost less eventually in player trades (AH).
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zebular wrote: »

So, we need:
    • Cheaper costs on current sinks we have now for repeat purchases (mount and companion upgrades, transmutes, etc.)

I agree completely (clipped quote for brevity sake). Another suggestion would be to include appearance changes - I would wager they are not particularly high sales items relative to other things. One MAJOR thing I see as a complaint outside of these forums about Neverwinter is the extraordinary lack of avatar customization - a statement made more poignant by the fact that both STO and CO have incredibly detailed avatar customization options. It's amazing that they would make a D&D MMO game that was so vastly limiting in it's avatar customization options. Simply letting the appearance shrine thing (I've played the game since it started, I still can't recall the name of that place -- never been there....) cost AD - and a token cost at that (10K? 25k? something like that) - would go a long way I think.

I like the idea of RAD sinks -- perhaps a level 20 Leadership task that allows players to convert RAD to something else -- NOT refined AD, but.. maybe 5k RAD for a Drake or other seal? Maybe grinding up 100K RAD can get you a random green tool (maybe 250K or more...) or perhaps there are crafting tasks that let you grind RAD up for random blue or purple resources. Something like that -- in any case, adding new profession tasks seems like a good approach to consider as well.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Zen requests have been steady at 499 AD per zen the past few days, and the zen is selling for 500 AD pretty quick. The prices HAVE gone down.

If you want more refined AD faster do more Auction House trading. Those small sales can add up faster than you think.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Economics 101: If you have the ability to print more money at will, then the value of what is already in circulation will vastly decrease--textbook inflation. If you can make more, people will charge more.

No, we don't need more rough AD. AD sinks will reduce the amount of AD in circulation and help to drive prices down. However, the AH is also a player-driven economy, driven by the fact that regardless of how ridiculous prices get, there's always someone who's willing to pay that outrageously inflated price because they "gotta have it now now NOW!!".
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What we do need is challenging and rewarding content. Content has been highly unrewarding since module 1 was released, things were either bound, cheap or ridiculously rare that on average you still made more doing CN for a long time. They've seemed to make rewards better in mod 5 with the dragon spawns (which are easy and so that's why belts fell harshly) and possibly the tiamat encounter which we can work towards artifacts with enough favour.

The market is heavily separated by the rich on one side and the poor on the other and it's pretty hard to be on the rich side unless you have a wallet.
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    What we do need is challenging and rewarding content. Content has been highly unrewarding since module 1 was released, things were either bound, cheap or ridiculously rare that on average you still made more doing CN for a long time. They've seemed to make rewards better in mod 5 with the dragon spawns (which are easy and so that's why belts fell harshly) and possibly the tiamat encounter which we can work towards artifacts with enough favour.

The market is heavily separated by the rich on one side and the poor on the other and it's pretty hard to be on the rich side unless you have a wallet.

So it's pretty much like the real world. Funny how that works out.

I think mod5 is the first fun module to come across in a long time and it's actually gotten better due to the fixes that have been put in place. I'm a little concerned that it's going to get a bit too easy with the changes to the daily/weekly quests and I wonder how the dragon changes will affect things. It doesn't sound like it will lessen the zerg much unless the dragons have been significantly beefed. However, overall, mod5 was a positive change in the right direction. Normal players now have at least a chance to get some artifact equipment, but the lack of availability of artifacts themselves due to hideously low drop rate from RNG is a serious problem, especially since artifacts now complete sets.
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zebular wrote: »

So, we need:

We don't need:
    • More AD in the game.

This. So much this. Zeb nailed it.
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Economics 101: If you have the ability to print more money at will, then the value of what is already in circulation will vastly decrease--textbook inflation. If you can make more, people will charge more.

No, we don't need more rough AD. AD sinks will reduce the amount of AD in circulation and help to drive prices down. However, the AH is also a player-driven economy, driven by the fact that regardless of how ridiculous prices get, there's always someone who's willing to pay that outrageously inflated price because they "gotta have it now now NOW!!".

True that printing more AD means more inflation so raising the daily rough AD cap is not a good idea.

Not true that there's always someone who's willing to pay that outrageously inflated price because they "gotta have it now now NOW!!". If there are some, those are not likely to be buying zen with real money, otherwise no game will ever be shut down because of financial problems.