test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vs TR:one encounter and att wills only=180k damage.

hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PvE Discussion
I will sum it up from you but i post it:Skip it i have made the calculations for you:

"Must have a target. [Combat (Self)]
is out of range. [Combat (Self)]
is out of range. [Combat (Self)] Your Health Regen gives 1717 (1558) Hit Points to you. [Combat (Self)]
deals 1655 (2558) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
deals 986 (3677) Physical Damage to you with Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)] Your Purified Absorbtion: Shield absorbs 800 damage from
Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 505 damage from
Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1706 damage from
Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)]
deals 126 (2211) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
deals 426 (3977) Physical Damage to you with Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)] Your Health Regen gives 954 (1731) Hit Points to you. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1451 damage from
Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1304 damage from
Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)]
deals 363 (2634) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
deals 326 (6201) Physical Damage to you with Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] Your Elven Tranquility gives 259 (470) Hit Points to you. [Combat (Self)] Your Purified Absorbtion: Shield absorbs 800 damage from
Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)]
deals 648 (2103) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
deals 1146 (4017) Physical Damage to you with Shadow Strike. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
deals 1630 (6201) Physical Damage to you with Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] Your Health Regen gives 1142 (2072) Hit Points to you. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
deals 1630 (6201) Physical Damage to you with Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] Your Shielded Resurgence gives 197 (358) Hit Points to you. [Combat (Self)] Your Purified Absorbtion: Shield absorbs 800 damage from
Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
deals 830 (6201) Physical Damage to you with Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)]
deals 1151 (1900) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
deals 1456 (2902) Physical Damage to you with Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)] Your Shielded Resurgence gives 197 (358) Hit Points to you. [Combat (Self)] Your Health Regen gives 1371 (2487) Hit Points to you. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1304 damage from
deals 326 (6201) Physical Damage to you with Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] Your Shielded Resurgence gives 197 (358) Hit Points to you. [Combat (Self)] Your Purified Absorbtion: Shield absorbs 800 damage from
Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 664 damage from
deals 166 (6201) Physical Damage to you with Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 407 damage from
Elven Ferocity. [Combat (Self)]
deals 102 (901) Arcane Damage to you with Elven Ferocity. [Combat (Self)] Your Health Regen gives 1308 (2372) Hit Points to you. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1219 damage from
deals 305 (6201) Physical Damage to you with Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1358 damage from
Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 956 damage from
Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
deals 339 (3166) Physical Damage to you with Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)]
deals 239 (1847) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Your Shielded Resurgence gives 197 (358) Hit Points to you. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1309 damage from
Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1008 damage from
deals 327 (3052) Physical Damage to you with Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)]
deals 252 (1947) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Your Purified Absorbtion: Shield absorbs 800 damage from
Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 330 damage from
Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 621 damage from
deals 83 (1874) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
deals 155 (2897) Physical Damage to you with Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1333 damage from
Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 899 damage from
Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1219 damage from
deals 333 (3108) Physical Damage to you with Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)]
deals 225 (1737) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
deals 305 (6201) Physical Damage to you with Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 857 damage from Nasty Copper's Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 623 damage from
deals 214 (1656) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
deals 156 (2905) Physical Damage to you with Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)] Your Shielded Resurgence gives 197 (358) Hit Points to you. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 721 damage from
Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1134 damage from
deals 180 (1597) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
deals 284 (3032) Physical Damage to you with Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)] Your Health Regen gives 1418 (2572) Hit Points to you. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 708 damage from
Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1102 damage from
deals 177 (1570) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
deals 276 (2947) Physical Damage to you with Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1219 damage from Nasty Copper's Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
deals 305 (6201) Physical Damage to you with Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] Your Purified Absorbtion: Shield absorbs 800 damage from Nasty Copper's Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 579 damage from
deals 145 (6201) Physical Damage to you with Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] Your Health Regen gives 1384 (2511) Hit Points to you. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
deals 1524 (6201) Physical Damage to you with Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] "

A typical battle vs a casual TR:I am 18k gs ,i assume he was at 16-17.
beggining of battle ,Cloud of steel dishearted strike and proc/dots=23361 pre mitigated damage.

immediatelly after that he just hit me with shadow strike:
Shadow strike +dot/procs=24520 pre mitigated damage.

Cloud of steel and dishearted strike after att wills ,no encounnters at all: (plus his proc/dots)=80837 damage.

total damage by just using one (1) encounter and his att wills that proc dishearted strike and shadowy opportunity:128718 damage.

128k damage over 10-15 secs by just att wills and one encounter.I might do some mistakes to powers .I have a 12k tr but i don't play him often,plus i did not used him since mod5.So i do not really know the mechanics.
But i did not edited nothing i just erased the name of the Tr.He was just one,the first sentences "out of range" was another that dissapeared in the stairs.All this damage is just from one(1) Tr.

Meaning less to say i was dazed more than half of the time or could not see him;And yes i got 128k damage and did not even touched him.i am not a super Gf,but a mediocre one ,but so was the TR. I am currently at page 110, 37 wins 34 losses ,684 kills 340 deaths 912 assists.
49% Defence,29% deflect,1800 regen 51k hp.

I think the dot/procs of current tr,especially dishearted strike and sshadowy opportunity need an adjustment.And toning dawn the damage.

Edit:The total damage is 128 not 180k,but cannot change it now :).Nevertheless tha meaning is the same 128k damge is way too high.
Post edited by hypervoreian on

Comments

• godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Who knows, maybe the rogue was using some type of specialized build, such as maximizing damage while forgoing any of the crucial defensive/stealth capabilities. They also most likely used Lurkers Assault as well for a significant damage boost. Finally, perhaps the TR could have used something such as a damage boosting artifact or his teammates could have applied buffs/debuffs which could have affected the situation.

Bottom line, this is abnormal, and just because something is possible is not evidence of its natural behavior. I am sure that is one reason for posting it as well, simply because it was much more damage than usual. This reminds me of the old shocking execution videos where people easily got over ~200k damage on other players in domination. I remember there was even one which was much higher, but I cannot remember the number so I'll just leave it at that as it proves the point enough.

Despite this, a lot of people are complaining about the damage, so maybe it should be looked at. However, the bottom line is despite the damage possible from this At-will, running a WK build has still proven to be sub-par to MI builds for best results in domination PvP. You can see the TR forum section if you want to see my explanations why that I gave to someone else a day or two ago. Comparing the WK capabilities with the MI capabilities, I don't find the damage out of line, but everyone is complaining about it. I felt the same way about DPS clerics too though, so I'm not sure why so many people have these opinions. Just stack your hp and get regen to at least ~1500 as has been convention for PvP builds for a long time now and you should be fine.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Meaning less to say i was dazed more than half of the time
    I don't see any Dazing Strike in the combat log, and as he was using Shadowy Opportunity he was a Saboteur and not a Scoundrel so could not daze you with anything else. Are you sure there wasn't another TR nearby contributing to this attack?
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't see any Dazing Strike in the combat log, and as he was using Shadowy Opportunity he was a Saboteur and not a Scoundrel so could not daze you with anything else. Are you sure there wasn't another TR nearby contributing to this attack?

He's probably exaggerating with "more than half of the time" but remember we're talking about sab using shadow strike (daze from stealth).
    But yes, WK-sab (or perma WK in general) are quite annoying, I mean sometimes just one dot can kill a player. On the other hand what other thing WK has to offer without that at-will?
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    cloud990pl wrote: »
    He's probably exaggerating with "more than half of the time" but remember we're talking about sab using shadow strike (daze from stealth).
    But yes, WK-sab (or perma WK in general) are quite annoying, I mean sometimes just one dot can kill a player. On the other hand what other thing WK has to offer without that at-will?
    I did think of SS from stealth, but one daze every 12-15s didn't seem enough to be dazed 'half the time'. Probably exaggeration as you say.

As for WK - in PvE I find that First Strike + Dagger Threat + Blitz from stealth is pretty effective. And Dagger Threat is a great boost for CoS if you want to stay ranged as well.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    "I don't see any Dazing Strike in the combat log, and as he was using Shadowy Opportunity he was a Saboteur and not a Scoundrel so could not daze you with anything else. Are you sure there wasn't another TR nearby contributing to this attack? "

Quite sure.That is why it made impression to me.No buffs/debuffs either.We had two simiolar TRs in our team.The enemy team was fighting ours,and our GWF was hunting above the stairs the second TR(which was better lol,bette K/D in the end)
    I said half the time, dazed,or could not see him.i forgot to add a coma.poor english.The meaning was half the time i was not able to do anything.
    The other half i hold my block to mitigate damage.If i would lay it dawn even for one sec ,i was dead.You see in the log 6k DshS dots.

"On the other hand what other thing WK has to offer without that at-will? "
    That att will does x6 or x7 times my whole 3 encounter rotation.(lunging,Flourish,anvil).Not only that.In order to execute my rotation i have to aim and come close.While he just hit me once and the rest are dot and procs.
    Sure ,i have defence but the total damage is way beyond my defence capability.More defence?Diminishing returns ,severelly cripling my self ,only to die 3 dots later.(2 secs)

In general,don't forget that i am a GF, with 51k 49% defence,29% deflect,1800 regen.Any other class would have died a lot earlier.I am bold enough to say that even 1k gs higher than me would die if they were not Gfs to block the insane ticks.
    Not only that,i was lucky that none appeared to support him ,and i could hold block for so long.The fight could have ended a lot faster.
    I had died to the same tr in 3-4 secs in the same game,if i was out of block.Same to our othet team8s.The only ones that fought him were our TRs(one EoA)

6k ticks? 6021 tick damage guys...

Bottom line:I do not have a problem withh lashing blade.Seriously.At least he has to come close and aim.But to hit with 2-3 att wills and to give him from 24k to 80k damage dots?While he dodges or is on stealth?No. :)
    Dishearted strike need to be adressed in my opinion.It is cheap game play.
  • bielka72bielka72 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The fact is, as a CW with a high, above normal ARP, and geared equipment, I reckon it would be hard but not impossible to kill you, I might get lucky, but it would take a long, long time, with your excellent defence.

but in your example above against the TR, this becoming a common place occurrence in PVP. I myself have one been shoted many times recently by TRS, who have 8K GS (I am 18K) and wearing full pure etc. This has never happened to me before MOD 5.

Plus, how can you adapt to this, since you can't see them before they one shot you? Steal time? icy terrain? Not viable.
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    bielka72 wrote: »
    Plus, how can you adapt to this, since you can't see them before they one shot you? Steal time? icy terrain? Not viable.

Put headphones on. Turn off music. Listen for footsteps. :rolleyes:
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Oh for pity's sake, I can't believe you people are actually falling for this.

The obvious big bullshi* with this post is he lists down "premitigated values" -- meaningless numbers.

If we're talking about damage values before any mitigation, go to the training dummy and try and see how much damage you yourself can do within the same time frame. Pre-mitigated values are wildly different from the usual range of damage we talk and discuss about in PvP. Even the weakest of builds/classes do stuff like 20~30k hits per pop when the standard is "premitigation". Why do you think the HR piercing blades was so scandolous before the fix? It used 40% values from PREMITIGATION.

Stop being fooled so easily by all the bravado and take time to actually look at the logs. Try actually count the damage that happened, instead of believe his "128k damage over 10~15s time frame" bullshi* at face value.

What happened is he was hit with:
    ■ 10 shots of CoS that did 4,738 damage
    ■ 11 ticks of DHS which did 7,492 damage
    ■ 12 ticks of Shady Opp. which did 5,313 damage

10 procced by above 10 CoS
      1 by initial throw of DHS
      1 unspecified at beginning of log

■ plus, a varitety of small trash damage coming from boons which I am leaving out of calc.

The actual damage he took is only 17,543

Of the claimed 128k unmitigated damage the TR did, the GF mitigated 93% of it, only 7% damage got through and was hit for 17k over 10~15 seconds.

Wow. So abnormal. Such difficult to cope with. Becoming such a common occurrence in PvP. This is OP.

Really? :rolleyes:
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    I knew it was the pre-mitigation values, but couldn't be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to go through and see what it actually was :P I still expected it to be more than that though, lol. Thanks for getting us the real number
    edited December 2014
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    I knew it was the pre-mitigation values, but couldn't be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to go through and see what it actually was :P I still expected it to be more than that though, lol. Thanks for getting us the real number

This thread is actually a textbook example of the difference between "what really happened" and "what seems to have happened, according to my memory" in PvP forums. We were lucky that the original poster made the "mistake" of posting the log along with it - which eventually gave us the chance to cross-check the "what really happened" and "what seems to have happened" and find out that these two did not match at all.

Anecdotes are worthless as basis of discussion. People never remember what really happened. They just remember what they think might have happened -- filtered and warped through one's own knowledge, or lack there of, or strong biases. While in most cases we're all flexible and lenient enough as to take comments at face value without requesting evidence, things are getting out of hand with the TR hate. At this rate, someone would claim he saw a TR fly with a big "S" on its chest and people would still believe it.

Think about what would have happened if the original poster never included the logs, or someone did not go through those logs carefully. We'd have had another strong complaint/testament as to how OP the TRs are. Tthe original poster of this thread at least had the decency to include the logs, which fortunately told the truth in the end. Most other complaints don't even do that. I'd bet at least more than half of all those threads are like this. Grossly exaggerated, twisted and warped to hide one's own misconception or lack of skill, and only emphasize on how 'broken' TRs are.
  • mrmauveforummrmauveforum Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Eh, I only looked at the log to check how long the fight lasted. Even 150k unmitigated damage in 10 seconds doesn't strike me as over the top.

I certainly hope that we get some Sab nerfs in tomorrow's patch, though. I'm tired of people trying to neuter the whole class just because of one broken tree.

Though I suppose we'd still have to do something about the perma-daze, perma-stealth, perma-SoD TRs that are out there wrecking face with the 100 paragon feat points. Shame on Cryptic for not fixing that!
    edited December 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    Oh for pity's sake, I can't believe you people are actually falling for this.

The obvious big bullshi* with this post is he lists down "premitigated values" -- meaningless numbers.

If we're talking about damage values before any mitigation, go to the training dummy and try and see how much damage you yourself can do within the same time frame. Pre-mitigated values are wildly different from the usual range of damage we talk and discuss about in PvP. Even the weakest of builds/classes do stuff like 20~30k hits per pop when the standard is "premitigation". Why do you think the HR piercing blades was so scandolous before the fix? It used 40% values from PREMITIGATION.

Stop being fooled so easily by all the bravado and take time to actually look at the logs. Try actually count the damage that happened, instead of believe his "128k damage over 10~15s time frame" bullshi* at face value.

What happened is he was hit with:

The actual damage he took is only 17,543

Of the claimed 128k unmitigated damage the TR did, the GF mitigated 93% of it, only 7% damage got through and was hit for 17k over 10~15 seconds.

Wow. So abnormal. Such difficult to cope with. Becoming such a common occurrence in PvP. This is OP.

Really? :rolleyes:

^^^^^^

"The obvious big bullshi* with this post is he lists down "premitigated values" -- meaningless numbers."

I stated from the beggining that i would post "unmitigated damage".Read again what i wrote.No try to deception anyone. :)
    I wrote "beggining of battle ,Cloud of steel dishearted strike and proc/dots=23361 pre mitigated damage.

Cloud of steel and dishearted strike after att wills ,no encounnters at all: (plus his proc/dots)=80837 damage."

And then i wrote that i was very lucky that this was in essense a rare 1 vs 1 in domination.And in mid too!
    I wrote that if anyone,any class would show up to help the Tr,and have me to attack or turn my back on,i would die instantly by the DsHS 6k ticks.
    I mitigated the 6k ticks by blocking.
    I have +9% stamina from boons and legendary bloodcrystal plus shiled talent (+15%) slotted.
    Yet i took in the end 17k damage in 10 secs even while on guard.While the attacker was stealthed,rolled, or i was dazed by SS.

And i stated and i state again:ANY OTHER CLASS WOULD DIE IN SECS.Cause he could not block the 80% of the DsH S ticks.
    Put in my position any other class.You think it would be the same result.?

6k ticks by an att will is insane.Stop defending this.

"Even 150k unmitigated damage in 10 seconds doesn't strike me as over the top."

Give my GF 150k unmitigated damage and you will see me in page 1 in 3 hours.lol.Really?
    The Tr defenders forgot to mention is that the Tr had not the oportunity to use his other encounters.
    Lashing blade and smoke bomb.And we know how hard these hit and the daze effects.No problem guys.Everything is ok.
    6k ticks from an att will.From stealth.Completely balanced!! :)
    edited December 2014
    We had 130k damage in 10 secs with procs and dots now we have 25k gloaming cuts....

[Combat (Self)] Skrytochujca deals 5015 Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Skrytochujca deals 13994 (25492) Physical Damage to you with Gloaming Cut. [Combat (Self)] Your Aspect of Lightning deals 372 (600) Lightning Damage to Skrytochujca. [Combat (Self)] Skrytochujca gives 0 Hit Points to you with Kill.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You guys should all chill. This is part of the cycle, its normal, its wai. Cryptic knows well what they've done, they know cause its part of the plan. Simply, now its the TRs turn to spend money. They'll be spending them for a month or a mod then puff their power will be gone and they'll be the ones crying over the forums.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • tonyvincenttonyvincent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just sharing my experience.
    I am a PvP DC. 42% damage resistance, 21% deflect chance, 44k Hp in PvP.
    Sometimes I face TRs that "stun"locks me (makes me not able to dodge, or use encounters in what seem an eternity), then use gloaming cots which deals roughly 15K each. Most people who have 27k HP will be 2 shotted by an at-will only.
    Then they hit with their single target daily and one shoots me when I have full health.
    (And please, don't read this in a moody manner)

I hope the devs agrees that the single target damage for the TRs may be over the top, and that they will fix this somehow. Maybe by toning it down to 75% maybe?

Thanks
    164814-albums6114-picture99368.png
    |Aizu Wallenstein|
  • whitemorailwhitemorail Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    You guys should all chill. This is part of the cycle, its normal, its wai. Cryptic knows well what they've done, they know cause its part of the plan. Simply, now its the TRs turn to spend money. They'll be spending them for a month or a mod then puff their power will be gone and they'll be the ones crying over the forums.

that's exactly what happen.
    I don't waste my time as a CW in pvp, cause now is not my time, I'm waitin for a more balance mod for my class.
    Devs just create gaps, well knowing pvp people are the most competitve one and they will spend a lot of money trying to fill that!
    Want really to stop it: stop spend money when you are the worst class of the mod, let them play just tr vs dc and force devs to create a more balance (and with a longer life) way to play pvp.
    edited December 2014
    ^^^^^^

"The obvious big bullshi* with this post is he lists down "premitigated values" -- meaningless numbers."

I stated from the beggining that i would post "unmitigated damage".Read again what i wrote.No try to deception anyone. :)
    I wrote "beggining of battle ,Cloud of steel dishearted strike and proc/dots=23361 pre mitigated damage.

Cloud of steel and dishearted strike after att wills ,no encounnters at all: (plus his proc/dots)=80837 damage."

And then i wrote that i was very lucky that this was in essense a rare 1 vs 1 in domination.And in mid too!
    I wrote that if anyone,any class would show up to help the Tr,and have me to attack or turn my back on,i would die instantly by the DsHS 6k ticks.
    I mitigated the 6k ticks by blocking.
    I have +9% stamina from boons and legendary bloodcrystal plus shiled talent (+15%) slotted.
    Yet i took in the end 17k damage in 10 secs even while on guard.While the attacker was stealthed,rolled, or i was dazed by SS.

And i stated and i state again:ANY OTHER CLASS WOULD DIE IN SECS.Cause he could not block the 80% of the DsH S ticks.
    Put in my position any other class.You think it would be the same result.?

6k ticks by an att will is insane.Stop defending this.

"Even 150k unmitigated damage in 10 seconds doesn't strike me as over the top."

Give my GF 150k unmitigated damage and you will see me in page 1 in 3 hours.lol.Really?
    The Tr defenders forgot to mention is that the Tr had not the oportunity to use his other encounters.
    Lashing blade and smoke bomb.And we know how hard these hit and the daze effects.No problem guys.Everything is ok.
    6k ticks from an att will.From stealth.Completely balanced!! :)

You were hit for 17k with a 15 second time frame. The number of DHS ticks show how much time it took almost exactly. The TR you've fought dealt 1.3k damage per second. In the end, the TR you've fought hasn't even put up average levels of damage against a GF, not even the levels of damage pre-mod5 TRs would have put up.

Do you not realize the more you argue along these lines, the more it makes you the fool? You've faced a 2nd-rate TR (at least in terms of damage) that's not even putting up damage that can be expected from current TRs, and you've still lost. You can argue that its because TRs are OP, but according to what we see from the logs, it REEKS of the opposite case -- you simply got owned.

At this rate, even if we suppose certain level of "OPness" took part in your failure, in no way it would be considered the only reason. The bigger share of the "failure pie" in all my guesswork simply points to "skill issues".

You wanna know how much damage any other class -- let's say a CW or a SW -- can pull off against other people in under 5 seconds? Ever seen a well-built Conqueror GF hit someone?
  • grac3n77grac3n77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I will sum it up from you but i post it:Skip it i have made the calculations for you:

"Must have a target. [Combat (Self)]
    is out of range. [Combat (Self)] Your Health Regen gives 1717 (1558) Hit Points to you. [Combat (Self)]
    deals 1655 (2558) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
    deals 986 (3677) Physical Damage to you with Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)] Your Purified Absorbtion: Shield absorbs 800 damage from
    Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 505 damage from
    Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1706 damage from
    deals 126 (2211) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
    deals 426 (3977) Physical Damage to you with Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)] Your Health Regen gives 954 (1731) Hit Points to you. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1451 damage from
    Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1304 damage from
    Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)]
    deals 363 (2634) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
    deals 326 (6201) Physical Damage to you with Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] Your Elven Tranquility gives 259 (470) Hit Points to you. [Combat (Self)] Your Purified Absorbtion: Shield absorbs 800 damage from
    Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)]
    deals 648 (2103) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
    deals 1146 (4017) Physical Damage to you with Shadow Strike. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
    deals 1630 (6201) Physical Damage to you with Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] Your Health Regen gives 1142 (2072) Hit Points to you. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
    deals 1630 (6201) Physical Damage to you with Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] Your Shielded Resurgence gives 197 (358) Hit Points to you. [Combat (Self)] Your Purified Absorbtion: Shield absorbs 800 damage from
    deals 830 (6201) Physical Damage to you with Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)]
    deals 1151 (1900) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
    deals 1456 (2902) Physical Damage to you with Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)] Your Shielded Resurgence gives 197 (358) Hit Points to you. [Combat (Self)] Your Health Regen gives 1371 (2487) Hit Points to you. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1304 damage from
    deals 326 (6201) Physical Damage to you with Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] Your Shielded Resurgence gives 197 (358) Hit Points to you. [Combat (Self)] Your Purified Absorbtion: Shield absorbs 800 damage from
    Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 664 damage from
    deals 166 (6201) Physical Damage to you with Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 407 damage from
    Elven Ferocity. [Combat (Self)]
    deals 102 (901) Arcane Damage to you with Elven Ferocity. [Combat (Self)] Your Health Regen gives 1308 (2372) Hit Points to you. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1219 damage from
    deals 305 (6201) Physical Damage to you with Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1358 damage from
    Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 956 damage from
    deals 339 (3166) Physical Damage to you with Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)]
    deals 239 (1847) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Your Shielded Resurgence gives 197 (358) Hit Points to you. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1309 damage from
    Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1008 damage from
    deals 327 (3052) Physical Damage to you with Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)]
    deals 252 (1947) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Your Purified Absorbtion: Shield absorbs 800 damage from
    Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 330 damage from
    Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 621 damage from
    deals 83 (1874) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
    deals 155 (2897) Physical Damage to you with Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1333 damage from
    Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 899 damage from
    Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1219 damage from
    deals 333 (3108) Physical Damage to you with Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)]
    deals 225 (1737) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
    deals 305 (6201) Physical Damage to you with Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 857 damage from Nasty Copper's Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 623 damage from
    deals 214 (1656) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
    deals 156 (2905) Physical Damage to you with Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)] Your Shielded Resurgence gives 197 (358) Hit Points to you. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 721 damage from
    Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1134 damage from
    deals 180 (1597) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
    deals 284 (3032) Physical Damage to you with Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)] Your Health Regen gives 1418 (2572) Hit Points to you. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 708 damage from
    Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1102 damage from
    deals 177 (1570) Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
    deals 276 (2947) Physical Damage to you with Cloud of Steel. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 1219 damage from Nasty Copper's Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
    deals 305 (6201) Physical Damage to you with Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] Your Purified Absorbtion: Shield absorbs 800 damage from Nasty Copper's Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] Your Guard absorbs 579 damage from
    deals 145 (6201) Physical Damage to you with Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] Your Health Regen gives 1384 (2511) Hit Points to you. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
    deals 1524 (6201) Physical Damage to you with Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] "

A typical battle vs a casual TR:I am 18k gs ,i assume he was at 16-17.
    beggining of battle ,Cloud of steel dishearted strike and proc/dots=23361 pre mitigated damage.

Cloud of steel and dishearted strike after att wills ,no encounnters at all: (plus his proc/dots)=80837 damage.

total damage by just using one (1) encounter and his att wills that proc dishearted strike and shadowy opportunity:128718 damage.

128k damage over 10-15 secs by just att wills and one encounter.I might do some mistakes to powers .I have a 12k tr but i don't play him often,plus i did not used him since mod5.So i do not really know the mechanics.
    But i did not edited nothing i just erased the name of the Tr.He was just one,the first sentences "out of range" was another that dissapeared in the stairs.All this damage is just from one(1) Tr.

Meaning less to say i was dazed more than half of the time or could not see him;And yes i got 128k damage and did not even touched him.i am not a super Gf,but a mediocre one ,but so was the TR. I am currently at page 110, 37 wins 34 losses ,684 kills 340 deaths 912 assists.
    49% Defence,29% deflect,1800 regen 51k hp.

I think the dot/procs of current tr,especially dishearted strike and sshadowy opportunity need an adjustment.And toning dawn the damage.

Edit:The total damage is 128 not 180k,but cannot change it now :).Nevertheless tha meaning is the same 128k damge is way too high.
    All i see is most damage deal to you by TR is between 200 to 300 damage with mitigated attack how the hell did you get those number. how can a TR can kill you with an HP of 51k with 200 - 300 damage each ticK? You only see the total of ticks for example like this log of yours: Disheartening Strike. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit!
    deals 326 (6201). you were hit with DHS with only 326 damage with a total of 6201 if you add another tick it will go like this 325+6201 = (6526) if 325 per second damage = 20 seconds do you think this will will kill you in 20 seconds? I would be glad if I have the same defense like you have.
    edited December 2014
    that's exactly what happen.
    I don't waste my time as a CW in pvp, cause now is not my time, I'm waitin for a more balance mod for my class.
    Devs just create gaps, well knowing pvp people are the most competitve one and they will spend a lot of money trying to fill that!
    Want really to stop it: stop spend money when you are the worst class of the mod, let them play just tr vs dc and force devs to create a more balance (and with a longer life) way to play pvp.

We never cry in the forum since mod 3 even though we are being one to tow shot by the CW and GWF and being outclass by the GF and HR.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    We never cry in the forum since mod 3 even though we are being one to tow shot by the CW and GWF and being outclass by the GF and HR.

Eum never *cough *cough.

You where never outclassed by the Cw or the Gf for that matter.
    Hr could stall you but never kill the perma - shase of the node yes at its hights - kill nop, Gwf was a trainwreck that just run over anything in its path the only one that could put up a fight was yes - Perma Trs.

But how bad the Gwfs (I know i had one and stopped playing him in module 2 because Opness and started again just a couple of weeks ago) nothing can touch the OPness the Tr enjoy right now because of the immortality they have thanks to broken builds with extream dam and defence. (Sab being only one of those builds).

Well well soon the devs wakes up and says -Hey I manage to kill somebody in pvp - SHIIIIIT how did you manage that - I tried playing Tr shiiiit my first kill ever this class is totally OP.......
    edited December 2014
    marnival wrote: »
    Eum never *cough *cough.

You where never outclassed by the Cw or the Gf for that matter.
    Hr could stall you but never kill the perma - shase of the node yes at its hights - kill nop, Gwf was a trainwreck that just run over anything in its path the only one that could put up a fight was yes - Perma Trs.

But how bad the Gwfs (I know i had one and stopped playing him in module 2 because Opness and started again just a couple of weeks ago) nothing can touch the OPness the Tr enjoy right now because of the immortality they have thanks to broken builds with extream dam and defence. (Sab being only one of those builds).

Well well soon the devs wakes up and says -Hey I manage to kill somebody in pvp - SHIIIIIT how did you manage that - I tried playing Tr shiiiit my first kill ever this class is totally OP.......
    Oh yes we do! if we are talking the old module, you will never know if you have never played TR since last year. You are just used to a TR that is easy to kill and low damage and just run around in the cap point.
    edited December 2014
    Oh yes we do! if we are talking the old module, you will never know if you have never played TR since last year. You are just used to a TR that is easy to kill and low damage and just run around in the cap point.

Eum no Tr had their fun several times since beta running around 1 shoting peeps all over the place just like the gwfs they got nerfed bad but they had their time in the sun before also.
    If you dont know that you havent been playing Tr since start if you want to go down that road....
    edited December 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    You were hit for 17k with a 15 second time frame. The number of DHS ticks show how much time it took almost exactly. The TR you've fought dealt 1.3k damage per second. In the end, the TR you've fought hasn't even put up average levels of damage against a GF, not even the levels of damage pre-mod5 TRs would have put up.

Do you not realize the more you argue along these lines, the more it makes you the fool? You've faced a 2nd-rate TR (at least in terms of damage) that's not even putting up damage that can be expected from current TRs, and you've still lost. You can argue that its because TRs are OP, but according to what we see from the logs, it REEKS of the opposite case -- you simply got owned.

At this rate, even if we suppose certain level of "OPness" took part in your failure, in no way it would be considered the only reason. The bigger share of the "failure pie" in all my guesswork simply points to "skill issues".

You wanna know how much damage any other class -- let's say a CW or a SW -- can pull off against other people in under 5 seconds? Ever seen a well-built Conqueror GF hit someone?

^^^^

kjweassa you are a good forumer ,but in this case two things happen:

1) you are stubborn and don't see the reality .
    2)for sure you do not have a clue about Gf class.

Unmitigated damage is the key here cause the Tr faced the class that can stall him the most;Not only that he faced a defensive oriented GF.Not only that ,he kept his dinstance and did not came close for lashing blade .

The sum is he did 128k damage in just over 10 secs by just using att wills ,his broken procs and dots and one(1) encounter.

You keep saying that in the end i got only 17k damage.If i was not blocking i would be dead in 3-4 secs.
    It is difficult to block continually vs an invincible TR,if you play a gf you will realise that.

The essense is not "l2play" as you leave to be meant,but the OPness of the current Trs.That maintained their stealth,gained an extra roll-dodge(damage immunity for 1 secs really) and got their damage boosted by 100%-300% depending on tree and build.
    yet your response is "l2play".

" Ever seen a well-built Conqueror GF hit someone"
    No i have not,hit so hard.Have you seen Gf hitting with att wils 120k in 10 secs?If you did i will greatly appreciate the info to change my build.
    About CW :We are talking about att wiils here.i don't think that the best CW can even pull 50k att wills in 10 secs.The best.
    here a 15k tr did 120 lol....
    edited December 2014
    ^^^^

The best here a 15k tr did 120 lol....

Come on guys a 15k TR doing 120k damage I refuse to believe but a 25k gs yes cause I have seen it. 11k power + weapon damage 95 percent crit. severity with an executioner When he strike the dummy the life gauge of the dummy down into 35 percent. me I'm 18k and could not even make it down to 75 percent when I attack. since 30k damage to a dummy its like 5 percent of HP and it regenerates quickly not to this TR It takes 5 second to regain its full health.
    edited December 2014
    ^^^

You refuse to believe? See the log.128k in 10-12 secs.Unmitigated.

I posted in the other thread that closed.25k gloaming cuts by different build of Tr.(doesn't matter rally shows how much is broken)
    38k lashing blade by 14k tr....

"[Combat (Self)] arrow deals 493 Physical Damage to you with Piercing Blade.

[Combat (Self)] arrow deals 315 (963) Physical Damage to you with Aimed Strike.

[Combat (Self)] arrow deals 126 Physical Damage to you with Piercing Blade.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Mz. deals 28918 (38411) Physical Damage to you with Lashing Blade.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Xavkas deals 9600 (15567) Physical Damage to you with Gloaming Cut.

[Combat (Self)] arrow gives 0 Hit Points to you with Kill."

Lashing blade 38k TR: 14k gs
    Gloaming cut 15k TR: 16,6k gs.

Nough said..
    edited December 2014
    ^^^

You refuse to believe? See the log.128k in 10-12 secs.Unmitigated.

I posted in the other thread that closed.25k gloaming cuts by different build of Tr.(doesn't matter rally shows how much is broken)
    38k lashing blade by 14k tr....

"[Combat (Self)] arrow deals 493 Physical Damage to you with Piercing Blade.

[Combat (Self)] arrow deals 315 (963) Physical Damage to you with Aimed Strike.

[Combat (Self)] arrow deals 126 Physical Damage to you with Piercing Blade.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Mz. deals 28918 (38411) Physical Damage to you with Lashing Blade.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Xavkas deals 9600 (15567) Physical Damage to you with Gloaming Cut.

[Combat (Self)] arrow gives 0 Hit Points to you with Kill."

Lashing blade 38k TR: 14k gs
    Gloaming cut 15k TR: 16,6k gs.

Nough said..

where is the pic to prove that is 14k TR. And please don't put the pic or video of the shard preview damage which I do 100k damage on the preview... but not on live server.
    edited December 2014
    I checked him while on match. 14,000 round exactlty.
    The other was 16,6 in corrupted bi.

someone better than me can find them in gateway ,i can't with out the handle.If i am lieing bash me forever nad call me a liar and whatever.
    I simply don't lie.Hit like this are commonplace in pvp now.
    edited December 2014
    ...Unmitigated damage is the key here...

What's there to be 'stubborn' about? You're like the person in the physics world who keeps on yammering about the theoretical possibility of a perpetual motion machine, when it is clearly physcially impossible under the current laws of physics, and therefore, nobody uses it as any kind of a reference to any serious discussion.

You can try going down this road and see if you can 'fish' a few pathetic TR haters along the way, but as long as you keep on clinging to using unmitigated damage as a standard for guaging DPS, or even OP-ness in regards to, we're done talking. Every post you continue from this point simply puts you down as a "rolleyes-guy".

Nobody uses unmitigated, theoretical damage numbers as any kind of standard in PvP, period. Like I've recommended countless times by now, go get any of your friend who is a decent SW or even a HR, and then try listing down the amount of DPS they do with a given time frame of 15sec and see how much it differs from a TR.

...ROFL "the TR does 180k UNMITIGATED DAMAGE so it's OP..." :rolleyes:

The only damage that matters is how much you actually took. You took 17k damage within 15 seconds, and by high-end PvP standards, that's not even high damage at all. That's low. If you're whining about 17k in 15 seconds, its a mystery as to why you're keeping quiet on how much a CW can do on you within 5 seconds of a single CC rotation. Or how much a SW can deal on you in that time frame as well.

Oh wait, I know. I think I know.

It's because against CWs, you simply shield any CC attempt and then lunge in and smash their brains out within about the same time frame. So it's OK when a class you can ROFLstomp over can do the same(or even more) theoretical damage on you, but you simply don't like it when there's a class that can actually beat you, when it does the same, huh?

This is what this is really about, innit?
    edited December 2014
    The only damage that matters is how much you actually took. You took 17k damage within 15 seconds, and by high-end PvP standards, that's not even high damage at all. That's low

Ok so what your saying is that base damage does not matter thats brilliant. Its worthless testing base damage on dolls because the only damage that matter is mitigated damage on players, brilliant your getting better at argueing *tr is not op.
    If you show that a Tr can do 150k damage with at wills in no time it dont matter because you blocked it and that it would kill any other is beside the point -- I see...... or no I dont.
    So it's OK when a class you can ROFLstomp over can do the same(or even more) theoretical damage on you, but you simply don't like it when there's a class that can actually beat you, when it does the same, huh?

Lets see which class can ROLFstomp any other class we have Trs then we have mm eum eum oh no other class ****** kweassa help me out here am getting lost in your brillant defence about the *Tr are just fine class...
    edited December 2014
    marnival wrote: »
    Ok so what your saying is that base damage does not matter thats brilliant. Its worthless testing base damage on dolls because the only damage that matter is mitigated damage on players, brilliant your getting better at argueing *tr is not op.

Then quit fekking stalling with this useless discussion, and go into the ghame with any CW or SW or GWF you know and see how much damage THEY FEKKING CAN DO AS UNMITIGATED, you moron. See for yourself just how "meaningful" talking about unmitigated damage is. You wanna know how much Anvil of Doom crits in its unmitigated listed number with a well-built GF that lands it to maximum effect?

If you show that a Tr can do 150k damage with at wills in no time it dont matter because you blocked it and that it would kill any other is beside the point -- I see...... or no I dont.

With this alone you've adequately shown to the community you have ZERO-**** level of knowledge concerning how mitigations work. If you don't know anything about it, why don't you STFU?

Or, maybe you can ask nicely and I'll actually educate your empty brain of the fact. Deal?

Lets see which class can ROLFstomp any other class we have Trs then we have mm eum eum oh no other class ****** kweassa help me out here am getting lost in your brillant defence about the *Tr are just fine class...

I'll help you out.

First, GTFO out of this thread since its useless.

Second, make an inquiry, a seperate thread, a vote or anything and ask around opinions from any other knowledgeable PvP player and see what they think of when people go claiming fekked up shi* like:

"ohh ohh, a TR hits for 60k with one lashing blade!!!! So OP!!!! ... ofc, this is unmitigated damage..."

I'm saying this one last time.

1. If you want to see just how meaningless unmitigated damage is, go get a decent SW or CW and have him hit the dummies and see how much damage he pulls as UNMITIGATED in the same 15 second time frame. A CW might have some troubles if he's the stormy kind, since it requires special circumstances, so a SW would be better suited.

2. Why the fek is he keeping quiet about the damage a SW or a CW pulls off in a single rotation which lasts around 5 seconds, and then proceeds to whine about a long-winded 15second engagement that hit him for 17k damage total? Gimme an excuse.

Because a GWF can shave off around 50% of your HP AS REAL DAMAGE in around 3s with intimidation attacks. You don't get out from that range immediately and in a matter of 5 seconds he easily hits for 40k .

If a CW successfully manages to CC someone, he shreds down more than 20k REAL DAMAGE within a matter of seconds in a single rotation. Same with any SW.

If a HR manages to pull off his DoTs correctly, especially high power builds like Deadshot showcased in the preview, his single rotation of attack puts on amount of damage that burns a 60k GF down to less than 30% HP in 8 seconds -- a bunch of DoTs and it does over 30k as REAL DAMAGE.

...and here, we have this guy complaining the TR is OP because he received 17k damage on him over 15s... and says it is OP because over that 15 seconds, he did 180k damage listed as unmitigated.