test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Loot Tables versus GF tank's

finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 446 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Hello Folks,

There is something I’d like to address something which is bugging me quite some time now and I’m talking about the Loot Tables in Events versus the GF tank class.
As most of you are aware is the fact that a GF tank most of the time nothing more sees than some garbage rewards in these Event’s. I will try to explain.

As example I will take the Belt and Cloak drops in Mod5, also considering that the Dev’s have increase the drop rate.
As a Tank it is almost impossible to obtain a Belt in the 5 Dragons event. The reason for this is although both damage taken, damage dealt and hit points healed are all counted towards who ends up at the top of the Loot Table, is this not fair or balanced because a Tank will take less damage that a DPS class of the same GS, will deal less than the Hit Points a DC would heal.

Especially now that KV only affects 5 target instead of unlimited, this means that GF tanks even more struggling to have a change at obtaining the valuable Loot in Events other than forced to buy the belt and cloak at Auction House. This isn’t really a fair thing and Developers know about this issue since mod3 and till the moment I write this it’s still not addressed yet by Developers.

Then take the Rise of Tiamat event where (as it seems) the GF tank class have a key role in this Event, what fun does a GF tank have when he knows on forehand that he/she never have a chance on valuable loot other than trash and collecting the currency for buying the Templar Draconic gear at the Merchant.

It’s about time that the GF tank class stands up (especially considering the upcoming Tiamat event) and fight for a fair treatment regarding Loot Tables. :mad:

Ogguk the Pure
Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
Post edited by finmakin on

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2014
    <removed - No worries, contact us via PM in the future to comment on moderation. ~Zeb>
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    finmakin wrote: »
    Hello Folks,

There is something I’d like to address something which is bugging me quite some time now and I’m talking about the Loot Tables in Events versus the GF tank class.
    As most of you are aware is the fact that a GF tank most of the time nothing more sees than some garbage rewards in these Event’s. I will try to explain.

As example I will take the Belt and Cloak drops in Mod5, also considering that the Dev’s have increase the drop rate.
    As a Tank it is almost impossible to obtain a Belt in the 5 Dragons event. The reason for this is although both damage taken, damage dealt and hit points healed are all counted towards who ends up at the top of the Loot Table, is this not fair or balanced because a Tank will take less damage that a DPS class of the same GS, will deal less than the Hit Points a DC would heal.

Especially now that KV only affects 5 target instead of unlimited, this means that GF tanks even more struggling to have a change at obtaining the valuable Loot in Events other than forced to buy the belt and cloak at Auction House. This isn’t really a fair thing and Developers know about this issue since mod3 and till the moment I write this it’s still not addressed yet by Developers.

Then take the Rise of Tiamat event where (as it seems) the GF tank class have a key role in this Event, what fun does a GF tank have when he knows on forehand that he/she never have a chance on valuable loot other than trash and collecting the currency for buying the Templar Draconic gear at the Merchant.

It’s about time that the GF tank class stands up (especially considering the upcoming Tiamat event) and fight for a fair treatment regarding Loot Tables. :mad:

Ogguk the Pure

There is nothing to be done here ,we are in the dark age agan.
    GF have low dps, low survive, and low healing rate . Worst class artifact offhand worst armor setts ower stacked Defense stat and i can cont,.....
    GF is the worst class in NW no wonder noone play it agan.
    Our GF community is super smal 1% of NW population i think, just look DD event there is absoluty no GF to find.
    Or a GF how is lfg.
    In every large guild is only a 1-5 GF main player if there is even one existing.

Our class advocate try every weak to post some changes but Devs focus on dps classes we are abandoned .

I have deep hope next class will be palading cuz GF in my eyes is a huge failure.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Tbh, devs should introduce another variable in the formula that determines success rate - threat generated. That would at least give us tanks and offtanks a chance in loot.
  • Options
    canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This has been an issue since Mid May when Ice Wind was released. Do you honestly think they will look at it? Nope I don't think so.... well at least they added damage taken at some point to make us feel better....

Guess now they need to make the the Dragons last more then 12 secs. It is sad that the 5 dragons are taken out in ~4 minutes and most of that time is spent running to the next one.
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    In my opinion. Just don't waste your time on the dragons. You can have KV on, but if you do a Dungeon, KV doesn't register for the damage taken. So, I highly doubt they have a different system for their calculator on whether or not you get a great success.

I farmed only the HE's and I was lucky, but with just 1 other GF we actually got a few drops and I was able to play the market to get the set that I want. So, again. Stop trying to get a drop off a dragon. It is EXTREMELY rare, I would say difficult, but it's not lol.

- To your comment about GF's this mod. The reason no one plays them is people don't have fun playing a buff bot protector. I have a maxed geared protector. He is EXTREMELY tanky, sure a TR can kill me in 1 daily, or a few at wills, but the other classes can't. But ever since crushed mega nerfed Guarded assault, it is not returning **** for damage. KV + Guarded assault doesn't proc anything but Tene's, no AP while SOS up + practically no AP gain from KV = very few dailies unless you use the DC artifact. But, since we are hitting such low numbers with guarded and SOS combined... The amount of tenacity, (endless cold shoulder procs) + Augmented Thayan Bastion + Barkshield = we do hardly any damage to anyone we reflect and just make a lotta annoying blue things go everywhere.

If you go conq - you will be able to kill random people. You will not be very tanky at all even with the profound set, your teammates will be mad you aren't running KV or ITF and they will die and continue to yell at you lol. We are basically a more tanky mod 3 GF who is either extremely frustrating to play or extremely boring to play.

It's not our fault, you can be in Bis gear, have INSANE stats, and you can still be killed in less than 3 seconds, however the protector is MUCH more tanky. I currently run 6 tene's, and despite single target reflect being decent, unless a CW without shield on tab uses oppressive force in my SOS - it isn't gonna hurt that bad lol.

So - oh well. We are just back to mod 3 status, and we can have fun doing duo Q's with alt characters until the buff/nerf cycle comes our way again. Lets just hope this time there isn't another "red glyph" that causes the majority of buffs to be wiped with no other reworks :D

But at least I am not bitter.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm running Conq and am not having these issues. I'm not doing stellar DPS compared to a DPS class but why should I? Because I am attacking a lot my guard is down and since I have aggro most of the time I always get immovable object. And between lifesteal, pots, and regen I generally get Feild medic unless there a healer and then I come in second. I just stand in red and beat on the dragon unless it's the breath weapon. Getting decent drops so far.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Well.. the issue is that i am a Prot tank (some called it a Tanky Tank), perhaps I'm old fashioned, but thats the way I like (personal thing)
    My stats are ok and most of the time I don't even use pots during fights..

The reason i wrote this is because its bugging me quite some time now and I simply don't accept things in life which isn't fair and this is one of them.
    As for the class advocate, it's a friend and i know that these things are playing for quite some time now and it's for developers a small thing to add some variables in the code (as Zvieris pointed out) so they give the GF tank class atleast a fair change in valuable loot which we can use on AH to get the items we need instead of maxing professions (and hope on some decent profit) or spending Money with buying Zen to achieve this goal.

Thusfar i have seen interesting reply's here
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Actually Conq is old-fashioned as far as Neverwinter goes because until the last mod tanky-tanks were not viable. I'm just too used to aggro tanking to change. If I would make an (uneducated) suggestion. I'm sitting at 45k HP and 40% DR. I'd assume a tanky-tank has a lot more. drop guard and bonk the dragon when you're in the low-damage AOE and take a pot. You can always guard again if you catch too much damage. And it will definately move you up the IO charts.
  • Options
    eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I haven't seen anything off the dragon events yet (I've had a bunch of Great Success) but I have received two artifact belts off the HE events in zone. I just run in, grab all packs and tank away. My friend who is a CW gives me a min or two then unleashes dps on them till them are dead. Rinse and repeat. I'm a Tactician Tank with 10pts in Protection.
    As for popularity, I get invites non stop for groups. But then again I am a KV/ET/ITF "buff bot" tank and have no issues being so.
    PvP wise I can't speak on anything because I don't PvP.
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have had 5 belts on my 16k CW and 0 belts/drops on my 20k Conq GF. They both went from about 300 dragon coins to over 4000 so have done a similar amount of HE's.

SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG. My GF has done anvil crits for 386k, plus 100k GW, even my doohickey crit for 36k (don't know what other GF's are getting but most single target hit my CW did was a 100k Ice Knife). During the dragons HE, I did all 5 dragons and was 3rd on damage dealt (using act). Yet I didn't get one Great Success.

So does damage even count for GF, is damage taken the only factor? My CW can take 0 damage and still get Great Success so obviously DPS is all that counts for them.

I have also stood in breath, let my soulforge proc, healed to full health with fighters recovery, and still no great success.

I do get Great Success but not in a zerg, and when I do get it, I still don't get any drops (same as in mod 4 only thing I ever got were draconic gauntlets). Incidentally you don't need great success to get a drop.

It's sad that I have to play with my alt CW to get the drops for my GF.
  • Options
    aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Others (please check this forum if you do not believe) and me think and state that the Guardian Fighter class is mostly ignored for being a minority due to the business model; seriously I deem it plausible as I am a Windows Phone user and know how to be part of a minority ;) , plus our Class Advocate gave up recently because of officials ignoring him.
  • Options
    cxyencxyen Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    aethanas wrote: »
    plus our Class Advocate gave up recently because of officials ignoring him.

really? I kinda like the guy, too bad the officials ignored him though.

EDIT: I just found the post. :(
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Well folks, fact is that the Developers have misjudged the advocate in his dedication for his class, they know what is going on and even when he wrote clear and detailed feedback towards the developers they are putted this info aside as not Not important enough with their views

I have much respect for Damnacious because he is always ready to help you out if you have some questions and it is a plain disgrace that he simply got ignored.
    This will happen also with the next advocate and the next, and the next
    Developers acting like this just for the sole reason that they are looking to what type of class the majority of the players have and working on them for generating dollars imho.

It is that i am not living in USA otherwise i would paid them a personal visit.
    When Developers/ Moderators and God know who else are telling me that it is a free game and that i am not forced to play is then I will agree with them.
    Fact is that I am simply fed up with this **** and best thing was that they never have implemented a GF class in the first place (or removed from game a long time ago..

(im pissed off)
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Wow - I doubt they could have ever found a better advocate than that guy. I spent 45 minutes in a Teamspeak talking to him about everything I've noticed in the high end premade side of the GF. We went back back forth and the guy was really smart. I taught him a few things, and he taught me a few things.

There won't be a better class advocate, and Cryptic/PWE needs to stop pissing away good players who could offer a lot of great ideas.... I just wish most of the people now could see how amazing the foundries used to be before all those guys left. It was NUTS.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Indeed, the Developers are probrably unaware what kind of valuable asset Damncious is for this game.