test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sudden Storm bugged

relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
It appears it's not only me who noticed that Sudden Storm started to go through too many mobs dealing no damage. And I'm pretty sure there was no other aoe around when I noticed my SS does not connect with mobs even if goes straight through them. Anybody else noticed that, too?
Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
Post edited by relativity on

Comments

• loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yup at dummy testing on the preview. Icy Terrain is also affected. Froze dummies but dealt no damage. Sometimes relogging solved it.
  • jkr1269jkr1269 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I just got done testing on both mobs and straw dummies..they both miss quite often and do 0 damage for me. also it does not seem to be arcing on tab when it does hit.
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    please keep me updated on this.
  • escapados2escapados2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    relativity wrote: »
    It appears it's not only me who noticed that Sudden Storm started to go through too many mobs dealing no damage. And I'm pretty sure there was no other aoe around when I noticed my SS does not connect with mobs even if goes straight through them. Anybody else noticed that, too?

Happened to me a lot of times after Mod5.
  • capkokocapkoko Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i notice this too
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Barely played my CW, but I use Terror on her and did not notice any spells not hitting during the time I did play, for what it's worth.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    desisti wrote: »
    Few of us from guild went last night on couple of runs. For me SS worked fine throughout 4 runs but 2 other CW had that problem... both of them with P.Vorpal (I run with G.Plag). I'm not suggesting anything, just our observation.

That's interesting. I don't have P. Vorpal but I do have G. Vorpal. Would Vorpal cause all this mess somehow?
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No, I have no Enchantment slotted and my Sudden Storm spell doesn't seem to hit properly.

The numbers simply aren't there.

Tested with a Renegade build with many paragon powers (de)slotted.

Sudden storm simply moves trough mobs as if it doesn't hit at all.

I've also noticed that Sudden Storm doesn't Refill AP the way it's supposed to do. Please, Fix this.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
    edited November 2014
    Looks like it's caused by Chill stacks to some degree.
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I notices this problem several times (before mod5), but always though it is side effect of LAG - e.g. What you see on your screen and what server has as enemy position, is not exactly same.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    c1k4ml3kc3 wrote: »
    No, I have no Enchantment slotted and my Sudden Storm spell doesn't seem to hit properly.

The numbers simply aren't there.

Tested with a Renegade build with many paragon powers (de)slotted.

Sudden storm simply moves trough mobs as if it doesn't hit at all.

I've also noticed that Sudden Storm doesn't Refill AP the way it's supposed to do. Please, Fix this.

Someone mentioned that relogging seemed to fix it.. Think back.. does the problem manifest in the middle of long fights? If so, I wonder if it's related to the new DC bug where you stop gaining AP and divinity in fights that last a while?

Just flying kites.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    I noticed the issue also pre-Mod 5 but now I notice it all the time and with my main being a Lightning Mage, this is really annoying and a huge handicap to me. The worst part is when you cast Singularity. Any mobs affected by Singularity take no damage from Sudden Storm until it pops.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    I noticed the issue also pre-Mod 5 but now I notice it all the time and with my main being a Lightning Mage, this is really annoying and a huge handicap to me. The worst part is when you cast Singularity. Any mobs affected by Singularity take no damage from Sudden Storm until it pops.

Are you sure you're not just being fooled by the fact that mobs affected by singularity generally can't be AoEd by many skills, anyway? This has been the case for ages- though I admit that it has been a while since I saw people using singularity regularly, anyway.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Are you sure you're not just being fooled by the fact that mobs affected by singularity generally can't be AoEd by many skills, anyway? This has been the case for ages- though I admit that it has been a while since I saw people using singularity regularly, anyway.
    I don't recall when it changed and I started noticing it but during the time when we only had Sharandar, my aoes hit creatures affected by Singularity. I think it was just after ToD launched that I noticed it and first bug reported it.
    edited November 2014
    Yeah spells going through Singu is a different issue, this is something new.
    edited November 2014
    I got used to singularity messing up my sudden storm and oppressive force, though it worked with steal time, CoI and icy terrain. But now solo fights are getting difficult. It just so happens that I keep Sudden Storm on tab and after mod 4 I started using icy terrain. So now I have my two encounters out of four bugged. Which is sad and not fixed with the latest patch. Which makes it sadder.
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    edited November 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Yeah spells going through Singu is a different issue, this is something new.

Yep, totally. I'm not even sure if the thing with Singularity is a bug, either. In any case, Singularity is not really part of any reasonable loadout any more with the low target cap, so it's a bit of a curiosity but little else. I hope people don't sidetracked from making a fuss about the new bugs -actual bugs- that seem to be afflicting the CW.

(Sorry, Zeb, don't feel too downcast!)
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sudden Storm works for me now, however I wasn't paying much attention to the problem today. Anyone with any news?
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The thing with changed Sudden Storm is now, that the damage applies earlier than the animation. If you wait for the damage when you see the animation, you won't see it. It's applied as soon as you hit the key - the animation "lags" behind.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The thing with changed Sudden Storm is now, that the damage applies earlier than the animation. If you wait for the damage when you see the animation, you won't see it. It's applied as soon as you hit the key - the animation "lags" behind.

Yep, SS is weird to see now, damage is applied long before the animation hits (sometimes I don't even see the animation...).
  • allternareallternare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sudden storm this not working right, does not take any damage from enemies and does not show the radius of shock.
    anyone else having the same problem?
  • notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I can confirm guildie has been raging about this. :D

He had to slot Shard instead! Shard! hahahahaha !!
    edited November 2014
    I have the same problem and use greater fire plague
    edited November 2014
    the question is not animated but damage
    I'm not giving any damage to enemies
    edited November 2014
    Another note on Sudden Storm: I've been sudden storming practice dummies. I also have slotted EotS passive. And 1 time in 2 dummies would end up buffed with EotS on last tick of tabbed SS. I recall it being reported before, but I thought it was fixed.
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    edited November 2014
    Not giving any damages
    without that speak in which often not show animation ray
  • nwswansnwswans Member Posts: 39
    edited November 2014
    I heard someone say that it seems when Eye of the Storm triggers and you use Sudden Storm, the lightning graphic is shown after you cast it, but nothing is hit?
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I can confirm that SS is malfunctioning. Sometimes there is no animation but I still get the damage. Other times I don't get the animation or the damage.
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have not noticed this, to many numbers flying around usually for me to take notice. If its broken i hope its fixed though, i do not want to have to slot something else - prob a single target spell in my aoe slot :(

since servers are live, I have run dread spear, I don't see the animation but i do see the damage in the combat log. Just numbers might not be showing up.
  • imiqimiq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    <removed - Please stay on topic. This thread is not about Chill Strike. ~Zeb>