test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Countdown on login screen

nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I was just wondering ... is the countdown
  • counting down to when the game goes offline for an extended period of time
or
  • counting down to when I actually can log in to play the new module
Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
Post edited by nameexpired on

Comments

• Options
    fusionawesomefusionawesome Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Based on the time i am guessing the second one.
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    Both...

/10 Char
    Thank you very much for your view on this matter. Considering the message your time might have been better employed by not answering, though.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I was just wondering ... is the countdown
    • counting down to when the game goes offline for an extended period of time
    or
    • counting down to when I actually can log in to play the new module

Considering the "emergency shutdown for hotfixing things broken by the module patch" and subsequent "emergency shutdowns for hotfixing whatever the hotfixes have broken", I'd say we won't be able to play properly before Wednesday 19, regardless of the countdown.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thank you very much for your view on this matter. Considering the message your time might have been better employed by not answering, though.

As snarky as the answer "both" are - it's actually closer to the truth than perhaps even intended.

The time appears to be counting down to 8 A.M. Tuesday, which is an hour after they they take the system offline. Usually updates are scheduled from 7 AM to 10 AM, however because this is such a big patch, they may start it early (6AM) - which would make 8AM smack-dab in the center of that time frame.

Beyond that, who knows? It doesn't matter anyway; YOU won;t have access to it until 10 AM (or later) just the same. :)
  • Options
    aaablacklady9aaablacklady9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    When he will reach 0 all of our account will be wiped, Cryptic holy avenger v.v The end is near !!!! Be ready O.O!!!
  • Options
    nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You guys know if the new lockbox is going live that day? No announcement yet...
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Still 25 hours more... I can't wait! ;)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nurmood wrote: »
    You guys know if the new lockbox is going live that day? No announcement yet...

No announcement but there is a new lockbox dropping on the preview server so I would guess there is a good chance it will be the module five lockbox , it has a bunch of Artifacts in it , no companions or mounts , unless they change it last minute.

MFCzc1o.jpg
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    thank you - we will have to wait and see. Last module i think they introduced the new lockbox like 3 days later (afaik)
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The "OR all of the following" bit makes me nervous; either something half-decent or a complete bust (more than two Scales are needed to buy anything decent and Draconic Enchantment 4 are easily available by other means.)

~sigh~
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The "OR all of the following" bit makes me nervous; either something half-decent or a complete bust (more than two Scales are needed to buy anything decent and Draconic Enchantment 4 are easily available by other means.)

~sigh~

The current Fell Dragon lockbox was already like that. So yeah. Gotta roll a dud many times to get a pseudodragon.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia